All time NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
    SF, the problem with your obsession with youngsters and their constant propping up over established players is that you put such enormous amount of expectations and pressure on their fragile shoulders that it's almsot impossible for them to live up to your lofty projections... You even have a nerve to take shots at our current NT coach and proclaim yourself a much better basketball analyst - that would be funny if it wouldn't be cringeworthy really Do you work in professional basketball by any chance? If so, I might take my words back, but your constant bragging and disrespect shown towards our established hoops professionals is really irritating at this point I'm afraid
    I wouldn't say so. As you seen, I give 5min for Jokubaitis, fragmental role for a start. Kulboka is much more ready, so I give him 10-15min expecting knocking down a three here and there and solid D, nothing more. I don't see this as expecting too much.

Disagreeing with the head coach on roster selection is not questioning his PRO skills. He's a very good assistant coach, overall from mediocre to solid coach. If I think Kulboka is a better player than Bendzius, that doesn't mean I disrespect Maskoliunas. I even think he simply didn't see Kulboka enough to have his objective view on him. We'll see that happens when he does, I bet Kulboka will in.

I think our BB media is growing fast, while coaching not (except Saras who makes huge impact overall and sets a good example). While we have borderline elite NT which will have good chances to grow into elite again, I would expect to have adequate BB media and coaching.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      What do you suggest?

Change "new posts" search to "probably old posts"
      The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Where we usually disagree is how fast things change. You usually take conservative position and think things will develop slowly, I contrary, think it can change very quickly. A player reaches certain level, and, boom, he's in the NT. When last season (2018/2019) I said Jokubaitis should already be on a radar of a NT you made a fun of it calling a ferry tale, but look now, he would probably be looking to his chance to play even in OG this summer already. You overlooked Lekavicius development a little bit also, and ect. That's OK, I respect you as a poster and your position, it's pretty wise yet I have a trust of my own observations. I don't need confirmation by Maskoliunas when I watch it with my own eyes and I watch it more than he does. Not to mention that later "the uncle" as Ulanovas said, basically approve my insights with serious interest in Kulboka. I watched him played in several games and I know that he's more athletic, more all around, better defender and overall better player than Bendzius, even of the latter provides an inch more scoring (which probably will cease in upcoming season with Kulboka's progression). I assume Maskoliunas simply didn't see him play this season, because if he would, he would probably agree with my words. Personally, I don't like that you and some other posters argue with me about certain players while rejecting the idea to actually observe them. To me Kulboka already has certain experience to enter higher level, be it NBA, EL or NT. He had fragmental, but real experience with Bamberg, and most importantly he didn't shy away taking clutch shots against EL calibre ACB teams in absolutely crowded Bilboa's arena. As for Butkevicius, sure he's more ready than Sedekerskis at the moment (and most likely will still be superior in 2021), but even now the distance between the two is slim and it will be even slimmer after a year. Butkevicius has much less offence and skills than M. Zukauskas, this comparison is false, you simply overrate Butkevicius at this point, to me he can only make as 9-12th player, but his last chance is 2021, IMO. After 2021 studs in Brazdeikis, Sedekerskis and even Kulboka (who I project mainly at 4) will surely push him out, IMO. It's really way out of hand to even mention 2024, that's where your conservatism hits you. In 2024 we may even see Marciulionis and Tubelis in the NT who both will be 21-22yo.
        you can call it conservative im calling it reality that was/is happening with our NT for years.

Im not making my own rules or choising player over NT main coach and react putting players on our team roster to main coach opinions too

Jokubaitis is not ready even now and wont be in one year whats awaiting him in those tournaments playing pointguard position against best guards...

my opinion didnt changed and Sharas sees that too dont use him in euroleague for a reason.But when we are talking about PG position there no choise and in that role was tried like half of lkl decent pg of those times because for same reason in last 15years .Not because they were good enough to play Nt ,because there was no choice.So when youngster makes guard position earlier is not because he already can deliver,because you have tochoose somebody from averages ones and have hope with them.

Kazlauskas was master at that every summer choosing other back up to Mantas.But when games really matter still Kalnietis played like 35-36min. Thats only shows how he liked or trusted those backups.

Delininkaitis 2013 Vasiliauskas 2014 kid Lekavicius 2015 Prekevicius 2016 not a single one delivered in those tournaments.The best from all of them that atleast gave something was combo Juskevicius thats isnt even pg,but was brave enough and could make long shot in that atmosphere.

Rokas looks prommising and seeing Mantas ageing process most likely we have to put Jokubaitis under fire earlier that it would be logical to do and let him "burn" in couple first tournaments to men him up faster.Like my mentioned his colleagues had burned before him.Lukas got that good kick to his ass in 2015 and worked his way up.Hopefully that will happens with Rokas too.

In other position where we had matured player on that level usually prematurily nobody takes youngsters ...unless he is generational tallent that was reality of NT for decades and dont see that changing anytime soon.

So your example is false nothing changed just Kalnietis is getting old faster because tournament was delayed by one year.With combo Lukas as main guy our playmaking can have problems ,but hopefully he learn enough from calathes and sharas.

Sorry but righ hand of Saras understand a bit better basketball than you or me .I truts his judgement a little bit more seriuosly than yours fans likes/dislikes of a players.
        Last edited by Shawshank; 04-24-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Here's surprising comparison of three point shooting of different guards generations:

Let's take only elite club competition - Euroleague career threes %:

Jasikevicius 39.4%
          Macijauskas 39%
          Siskaukas 41.9%
          Stombergas 40%

Kalnietis 30.3%
          Pocius 31.3%
          Seibutis 31.4%

Lekavicius 39.6%
          Grigonis 42.1%
          Jokubaitis 36.4% (4/11)

It's remarkable how good Lekavicius (6 seasons already in EL, pretty crazy) and Grigonis are shooting, they're up with 00's greats. Off course, Grigonis has only 2 seasons under his belt, but his Eurocup % is off charts completely - 47.5%. He can shoot. The problem has been however that both underperformed in NT shooting wise, but I expect that they will eventually shoot it well in their prime. Obviously 10's guards were crappy shooters overall, but overperformed in the NT usually which was a blessing in some tournaments, but basically we didn't have shooting guards in 10's which highly blows for such NT as Lithuania.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Here's surprising comparison of three point shooting of different guards generations:

Let's take only elite club competition - Euroleague career threes %:

Jasikevicius 39.4%
            Macijauskas 39%
            Siskaukas 41.9%
            Stombergas 40%

Kalnietis 30.3%
            Pocius 31.3%
            Seibutis 31.4%

Lekavicius 39.6%
            Grigonis 42.1%
            Jokubaitis 36.4% (4/11)

It's remarkable how good Lekavicius (6 seasons already in EL, pretty crazy) and Grigonis are shooting, they're up with 00's greats. Off course, Grigonis has only 2 seasons under his belt, but his Eurocup % is off charts completely - 47.5%. He can shoot. The problem has been however that both underperformed in NT shooting wise, but I expect that they will eventually shoot it well in their prime. Obviously 10's guards were crappy shooters overall, but overperformed in the NT usually which was a blessing in some tournaments, but basically we didn't have shooting guards in 10's which highly blows for such NT as Lithuania.
            Love stats like this.

Grigonis is a stud. However, has kind if weak body, lots of injuries. Maybe he should work on his body a bit more, either way his game relies more on technical drives and not speed, so adding some muscle shouldn't hurt.

Lekavicius is my favourite from day one.

Jokubaitis a great all around prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
              Grigonis is a stud. However, has kind if weak body, lots of injuries. Maybe he should work on his body a bit more, either way his game relies more on technical drives and not speed, so adding some muscle shouldn't hurt.
              Good point. That has been a problem. I remember he even had serious injury while being 18yo, later performing clutch for U18 EC. He had health problems in all three NT season so far - 2016, 2017, 2019. It's pretty crazy. In 2019 it wasn't exactly injury, but he found his way not to be 100% ready anyway Now Zalgiris tasted this as well. Hopefully it won't influence his career all that much, still very consistent and ever growing career.

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
              Lekavicius is my favourite from day one.
              Mr. Underrated. Silently snatched six solid EL seasons, assuming he utilized well his fragmental chances with PAO. He was so huge in WC 2019. And than very solid season with Zalgiris, sinking some game winners and being NO.1 guy for couple of months basically. Let's see what those 2 studs can bring in 2021 and 2022 because they will be absolute bosses of the backourt in these 2 tournaments.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• basketnews drafted all time NT team players and picks in order looked like this:

1.S.Marciulionis
                2.A.Sabonis
                3.S.Jasikevicius
                4.L.Kleiza
                5.M.Kalnietis
                6.A.Karnisovas
                7.J.Valanciunas
                8.A.Macijauskas
                9.R.Siskauskas
                10.S.Stombergas

obviuosly Kalnietis was taken too high because 3 teams needed pg to choose early,but still what he did in last decade i believe he deserves spot in all time NT top 10 players list.

I think they nail it well with top 10 only you can rank them diffrently.

For me this is 10 best players by what they brought to our NT over all those 28 years history.

There are 3-4 other players that would have their case to be also in top10,but those 10 first chosen with a seriuos reason stuck in fans minds.
                Last edited by Shawshank; 05-07-2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Okay, so krepsinisNET started a rubric "TOP 50 lithuanian basketball players". (Currently playing, judging by 19/20 season only, so no past results and no future expectations)

Obviously the competence of people that are behind this rating is (very) questionable, but at least we get a room for discussions. I can already see them putting Tomas Dimša in some 10th place, cause they are somehow super mega excited about him

Let's see how they allocated the bottom 10 places (50-41)

50. Laurynas Beliauskas
                  49. Gytis Radzevičius
                  48. Vytenis Lipkevičius
                  47. Martynas Sajus
                  46. Osvaldas Olisevičius
                  45. Karolis Lukošiūnas
                  44. Marek Blaževič
                  43. Rokas Gustys
                  42. Arnas Velička
                  41. Edgaras Želionis

Full article, where some honorable mentions are displayed:

Krepsinis.net pristato Lietuvos krepšininkų reitingą. Penketas portalo žurnalistų surikiavo savo nuomone pajėgiausius šalies žaidėjus, o bendras to...

Thoughts and opinions? (if there is any)

Comment

• Can't see how Lukosiunas and Sirydis could be above some lower ranked players without future expectations
                    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

• Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                      Can't see how Lukosiunas and Sirydis could be above some lower ranked players without future expectations
                      That's what I thought. It will be interesting to see, where they place Sirvydis with his 4.2EFF and 5.7PTS at LKL. Lukošiūnas at top 50 is also quite surprising. I guess they are just going to contradict themselves and look at the potential of a player a bit.

On the other hand, 50 players is a pretty big number for our nation. Well, we will have more cases to discuss about when they release next 10 places.

Comment

• I think top 50 is interesting, but I don't have time to go as deep at the moment and I'm not so super sharp-sighted LKL follower, but I found it interesting to take my shot at top 20 prior krepsinis.net shot. I think they will put Rokas Giedraitis way higher than I will put, some of them have him as top 5 Lith today. Here's my take:

1. Sabonis
                        2. Valanciunas
                        3. Grigonis
                        4. Gudaitis
                        5. Kuzminskas
                        6. Ulanovas
                        7. Lekavicius
                        8. Giedraitis
                        9. Kalnietis
                        10. Kulboka
                        11. Jankunas
                        12. Jokubaitis
                        13. Butkevicius
                        14. Echodas
                        15. Sedekerskis
                        16. G. Masiulis
                        17. Brazdeikis.
                        18. Motiejunas
                        19. Milaknis
                        20. Bendzius
                        21. Geben
                        22. A. Juskevicius
                        23. Birutis.
                        24. Maciulis
                        25. T. Dimsa
                        26. Seibutis

I hope I didn't miss some-one, but that's about top 25 players in the country, IMO.

PS: I marked guards. So backourt/frontline relation is 8/18 in this list and that's no OK. Only three guards in top 10. We need more.
                        Last edited by Straight forward; 05-12-2020, 02:18 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Kulboka much higher than Motiejunas on your list?
                          What this kid has actually proven so far lmao...you never fail to dissapoint with your homerism SF, never change

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
                            Kulboka much higher than Motiejunas on your list?
                            What this kid has actually proven so far lmao...you never fail to dissapoint with your homerism SF, never change
                            It's not homerism, it's opinion. Motiejunas today is the guy who walks in the D. He would be in trouble in any real PRO league. He also playing within certain energy level, protecting his back. D-Mo was my favourite prospect back in the day, I followed him closely, now he's galaxes away from what he was in 2014/2015 season for the Rockets.

When traditional lanky center Birutis looks 2 times better defensive player than you, you're in trouble as far as serious PRO career goes. I would even have wonders whenever Birtutis and Geben are better players overall already. D-Mo has more offence obviously, but other 2 are way better defensively already and gives much more hustle.
                            Last edited by Straight forward; 05-12-2020, 06:36 PM.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• nah, bruh, the criterion of that ranking is out of hand. F.e. how Tarolis can be higher than Sedekerskis while the first never even had such season as Sedekerskis provided this season (stats wise)? Not to mention that Sedekerskis is way more all around, team orientated and much more intelligent player. Bickauskas and Tarolis are better...serious stuff...

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Well, as we can see the competence about basketball of knet journalists is very superficial. Obviously it's not a surprise. If they judge only by this season, how can they put Sedekerskis lower than Sirvydis, which has not shown up in the list yet (36 places have been disclosed). We'll definitely see a lot of illogical rankings in the near future.

40. Eigirdas Žukauskas
                                39. Žygimantas Janavičius
                                38. Tadas Sedekerskis
                                37. Donatas Tarolis
                                36. Dovis Bičkauskis

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information