Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iran National Team 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Team Melli Basket View Post
    Any idea about Amir Sedighi's absence ?

He is a young and promising player who fits international basketball size requirements on post 3, who have shown already great potential.

Also do you believe that Derboghosian has a credible chance to be Haddadi's backup along Yousefvand instead of usuals Kardoust and Arghavan ?
    first welcome

as far as I remember Sedighi had a bad season this year with Mahram, rarely played for them. apparently playing for weak club like "Niroo Zamini" in previous season weakened him.

I really have no idea about Derboghosian, didn't see him playing in a while, and to be honest he wasn't that impressive when he was in junior team. but Yousefvand is another story, he is really talented. (a little short as a center but still)

I think we need 5 big guys (position 4 and 5) for FIBA Asia Championships. and if Kazemi joins the team, with him, Oshin and Zangeneh I would pick only one backup for Haddadi and that will be either Yousefvand or Kardoust. (to me Yousefvand)

Quote Originally Posted by Buran View Post
    I thought Javad Davari decided to retire from Team Melli last year, looks like he has had a change of heart. good to see him back!
    if I'm not wrong he didn't "retire" but took a break from the national team and Becirovic didn't even invite him the next year. last season was really good for him in Daneshgah Azad and he deserved a call up but still it will be hard for him to make the final 12 because of Yakhchali. Yakhchali is a better player than him at the moment. we need 5 guards, Kamrani, Afagh and Yakhchali are almost locked. two spots are still available, I would pick Aren and Mashayekhi but Davari is also close.

Quote Originally Posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    first welcome

as far as I remember Sedighi had a bad season this year with Mahram, rarely played for them. apparently playing for weak club like "Niroo Zamini" in previous season weakened him.

I really have no idea about Derboghosian, didn't see him playing in a while, and to be honest he wasn't that impressive when he was in junior team. but Yousefvand is another story, he is really talented. (a little short as a center but still)

I think we need 5 big guys (position 4 and 5) for FIBA Asia Championships. and if Kazemi joins the team, with him, Oshin and Zangeneh I would pick only one backup for Haddadi and that will be either Yousefvand or Kardoust. (to me Yousefvand)

Thank you for your answer,
    and my sincere apologizes to everybody as I forgot to present myself, as actually I was following to this thread for a while so I forgot it.
    Anyway, hello to everyone.

if I'm not wrong he didn't "retire" but took a break from the national team and Becirovic didn't even invite him the next year. last season was really good for him in Daneshgah Azad and he deserved a call up but still it will be hard for him to make the final 12 because of Yakhchali. Yakhchali is a better player than him at the moment. we need 5 guards, Kamrani, Afagh and Yakhchali are almost locked. two spots are still available, I would pick Aren and Mashayekhi but Davari is also close.
    Do you know the squad of Iran NT which is invited to Suzhou's international challenge tour in July?

no idea. They didn't even start training yet

thanks for the clarification.
    I agree, it's probably going to be an uphill battle for Davari to get on the roster this time around.

Kazemi played for the 76ers in 5 of their summer league games.he got around 30min/game and it appears that he has done a solid job on defense and has rebounded well(7.6rbs/game) . However, it looks like he hasn't been much of an offensive threat (with the exception of the Boston game 13rbs,7pts), he has had games with 0, 2, 4 pts despite being in for 25-30 mins. Hopefully his defensive skills will convince the coaching staff to give him a spot on the roster.
    Also hope to see him with the team in practice and China!

Hi,

What happened to Nikkhah Bahrami? I heard he was supposed to play for the Mavs during the summer league but no sign of him.
    "INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS."

Kazemi played for the 76ers in 5 of their summer league games.he got around 30min/game and it appears that he has done a solid job on defense and has rebounded well(7.6rbs/game) . However, it looks like he hasn't been much of an offensive threat (with the exception of the Boston game 13rbs,7pts), he has had games with 0, 2, 4 pts despite being in for 25-30 mins. Hopefully his defensive skills will convince the coaching staff to give him a spot on the roster.
    Also hope to see him with the team in practice and China!
    Kim Jong Kyu feasted on Haddadi the alst time around.. The problem is Kazemi doesn't want to play C yet in Oregon he plays the position..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Bauermann dropped 5 players after few days of training

Dalirzahan, Yousefvand, Torabi, Foroutan, Mozaffari

disappointed to see Yousefvand in this list but well the coach knows it better. hope to see him in "team melli" next year.

--------

I have to add Farman and Derboghosian to this list, they didn't show up and therefore they are out of the roster, Kazemi is in USA, which means 20 players are left in the national camp.
    Last edited by mohsena2631; 07-22-2015 at 07:02 AM.

Wow. Surprising that Yousofvand got cut early!
    Read more on my blog: Hoopnut! --> Hoop Nut Blog [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

16 players for a tournament in China

Nikkhah, Afagh, Kamrani, Haddadi, Sahakian, Mashayekhi, Davari, Yakhchali, Davoudi, Davarpanah, Mirzaei, Zangeneh, Jamshidi, Kardoust, Aslani and Hassanzadeh

4 players won't be in China, Arghavan, Ojaghi, Hosseinzadeh and Lalehzadeh. apparently they will join the team later after this tournament but I think they have no chance unless someone gets injured.

good to not see Mr disaster Arghavan in national team

16 players for a tournament in China

Nikkhah, Afagh, Kamrani, Haddadi, Sahakian, Mashayekhi, Davari, Yakhchali, Davoudi, Davarpanah, Mirzaei, Zangeneh, Jamshidi, Kardoust, Aslani and Hassanzadeh

4 players won't be in China, Arghavan, Ojaghi, Hosseinzadeh and Lalehzadeh. apparently they will join the team later after this tournament but I think they have no chance unless someone gets injured.

good to not see Mr disaster Arghavan in national team
    Arghavan had a promising start a few years ago, but then his game started plateauing a bit and he didn't show a whole lot of improvement, we haven't seen a whole lot from him in the last few tournaments, but he's still a good player in my opinion.
    It looks like Kazemi won't join them in Tehran because of military service issues, perhaps he might join them once they leave for China/Germany?
    I have no Idea who Mirzaei, Ojaghi and Hosseinzadeh are.

2015 Atlas Challenge

Iran 64 China 68

Oshin Sahakian 12pts.
    Samad Nikkhah Bahrami 10pts.
    Hamed Haddadi 9pts, 5reb.

Iran 81 Italy 75

Mehdi Kamrani 12pts, 4ast.
    Arman Zangeneh 9pts, 5reb.
    Mohammad Jamshidi 7pts, 4reb.
    Hamed Afagh 7pts.

Iran 75 Slovak Republic 59

Mohammad Jamshidi 13pts, 3reb.
    Mehdi Kamrani 7pts, 3ast, 3stl.
    Asghar Kardoust 7pts.
    Samad Nikkhah Bahrami 7pts.

Iran 71 USA 56

Hamed Haddadi 13pts, 6reb.
    Samad Nikkhah Bahrami 14pts.
    Hamed Afagh 11pts.
    Javad Davari 7pts.

Iran 47 China 54

Hamed Haddadi 14pts, 8reb.
    Asghar Kardoust 7pts.
    Oshin Sahakian 6pts, 7reb.
    Samad Nikkhah Bahrami 6pts.

Bauermann will take 14 players to German camp and Jones Cup in Taiwan

Kamrani, Haddadi, Yakhchali, Sahakian, Afagh, Mashayekhi, Aslani, Davari, Davarpanah, Jamshidi, Zangeneh, Hassanzadeh, Arghavan and Kardoust

he dropped Davoudi, Mirzaei, Lalehzadeh and Hosseinzadeh, it's not clear if these players will join the team later or they are out completely, a little surprised to see Aren Davoudi out !

but most importantly Samad Nikkhah will not accompany the team to Germany and Taiwan, he is injured and Bauermann let him rest for few days to join the team later, probably after the Jones Cup.

Kamrani, Haddadi, Yakhchali, Sahakian, Afagh, Mashayekhi, Aslani, Davari, Davarpanah, Jamshidi, Zangeneh, Hassanzadeh, Arghavan and Kardoust

he dropped Davoudi, Mirzaei, Lalehzadeh and Hosseinzadeh, it's not clear if these players will join the team later or they are out completely, a little surprised to see Aren Davoudi out !

but most importantly Samad Nikkhah will not accompany the team to Germany and Taiwan, he is injured and Bauermann let him rest for few days to join the team later, probably after the Jones Cup.
    Salam Mohsen! Would you happen to know if the Iranian players who play in Chinese CBA had to provide any insurance guarantee amounts in case of injury?

Regarding Fadi Khatib he mentioned that his Chinese team is asking for an insurance amount of 45,000 US$ if he wants to play for the Lebanese NT.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80 View Post
    Salam Mohsen! Would you happen to know if the Iranian players who play in Chinese CBA had to provide any insurance guarantee amounts in case of injury?

Regarding Fadi Khatib he mentioned that his Chinese team is asking for an insurance amount of 45,000 US$ if he wants to play for the Lebanese NT.

No as far as I know, never heard anything about it

We all thought Arghavan is out because he didn't go to China, but he's back! so maybe as you pointed out, Aren could still be in the race for a spot on the roster for Jones Cup and the main event?

Where is Jaber Rouzbahani now in IRan?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]NEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

We all thought Arghavan is out because he didn't go to China, but he's back! so maybe as you pointed out, Aren could still be in the race for a spot on the roster for Jones Cup and the main event?
    well before Chinese tourney they said those 5 players will join the team later (but I assumed they are out) but this time they didn't say that instead they said "these players won't go to Germany and Taiwan" !!! not sure what it means but this time I think there is no other chance for them.

I think this is their final roster for the Jones Cup as they said the same group will go to Taiwan directly from Germany !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast