Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Iran National Team 2015

Quote Originally Posted by rocketstar47 View Post
    Where is Jaber Rouzbahani now in IRan?
    playing professional basketball in SuperLeague but he is nowhere near the NT anymore.

Got the chance to see some of the William Jones cup 2015 edition games and replay on sports5.ph.
    I liked the fact that the new coach gave plenty of playing time to all the players to really test them and they all had a lot of motivation to impress th German guy, especially those who usually don't make it to the final roster or don't get much playing time.
    here's my take on some of the newcomers and some of the players that might be on the fence for making it to the final 12 on the list.

-Hassanzadeh: Played relatively well, did a very good job defending, rebounding, especially on the offensive end, however he wasn't as assertive and confident when it comes to attacking the basket and scoring. Overall I think he will remain a strong candidate for filling up one of the spots on the final 12 roster.

-Lalehzadeh: He was very confident and efficient on the offense end, shot and drove to the basket well relatively well. However he isn't very fast and agile and doesn't have the same ball-handling skill as the other SFs. It might be an uphill battle for him to make it China.

-Aslani: He is a solid PG. plays with a lot of energy and intensity, handles the ball very well, defends well, he's style of play is very similar to Aren. unlike Kamrani, he doesn't create scoring opportunities by splitting open the defense in the paint and dishing passes to open players or going for layups. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the final roster, especially if Mashayekhi's injury is serious.

_ Davarpanah and Davari are both skilled and experienced, but I feel like Davarpanah might have a higher chance of making it. He had a better performance overall compared to Davari.

-Arghavaan: he is a very mobile 7footer, shoots well, handles the ball well, however there are a lot of ups and downs in his game, plays great one day, and doesn't do well on another day. I feel that if he concentrates and focuses on the game while he's on the court, anticipates the next move and becomes a better play reader, he will become much better.

I could watch only 2 games from this Jones Cup (against PHI and CTA) but I followed other games closely trying to find Bauermann's mind about the final roster. here is my thinking. I have to mention this is not my best-12, but what I think Bauermann will pick.

the following players will make the final 12 for sure (barring injuries)
    Kamrani
    Haddadi
    Samad NB
    Jamshidi
    Davarpanah
    Hassanzadeh
    Sahakian
    and Afagh

* I think Afagh was in danger to lose his spot (hard to believe though) but he played better and better game by game.

for the remaining 4 spots we have 8 players. I'm almost sure Lalehzadeh has no chance, he is out. we need 2 more bigmen. I think it will depend on Zangeneh's situation. if he makes it, Bauermann will drop either Arghavan or Kardoust. otherwise both of them will go to China. and I think Kardoust has more chance than Arghavan.

we need another PG at least, so it will be between Mashayekhi and Aslani. Sajjad's injury is not that serious and he can play now but he missed so many games in Taiwan which gave advantage to Aslani. personally I don't like Aslani's style but his defense was always good and Bauermann likes these kind of players. so I think Aslani has more chance. much more than Sajjad.

and the last spot will probably between Davari and Yakhchali ! Yakhchali is our future star and I would pick him but I believe Bauermann likes Davari more. he is a defensive-minded coach and Davari is good in this. really sad to see Yakhchali in this situation, he was in better shape last year.

so I guess this will be our final squad. but of course there are still more days of training left in Tehran and things can change. hope for no more injury and I really hope Zangeneh makes it. he was the best local player of Super League last year and improved A LOT.

PG: Kamrani, Aslani
    SG: Afagh, Davari, Davarpanah
    SF: Nikkhah, Jamshidi
    PF: Sahakian, Zangeneh, Hassanzadeh
    C: Haddadi, Kardoust

High regard on Zangeneh..He was starter in Mahram..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by mohsena2631 View Post
    I could watch only 2 games from this Jones Cup (against PHI and CTA) but I followed other games closely trying to find Bauermann's mind about the final roster. here is my thinking. I have to mention this is not my best-12, but what I think Bauermann will pick.

the following players will make the final 12 for sure (barring injuries)
    Kamrani
    Haddadi
    Samad NB
    Jamshidi
    Davarpanah
    Hassanzadeh
    Sahakian
    and Afagh

* I think Afagh was in danger to lose his spot (hard to believe though) but he played better and better game by game.

for the remaining 4 spots we have 8 players. I'm almost sure Lalehzadeh has no chance, he is out. we need 2 more bigmen. I think it will depend on Zangeneh's situation. if he makes it, Bauermann will drop either Arghavan or Kardoust. otherwise both of them will go to China. and I think Kardoust has more chance than Arghavan.

we need another PG at least, so it will be between Mashayekhi and Aslani. Sajjad's injury is not that serious and he can play now but he missed so many games in Taiwan which gave advantage to Aslani. personally I don't like Aslani's style but his defense was always good and Bauermann likes these kind of players. so I think Aslani has more chance. much more than Sajjad.

and the last spot will probably between Davari and Yakhchali ! Yakhchali is our future star and I would pick him but I believe Bauermann likes Davari more. he is a defensive-minded coach and Davari is good in this. really sad to see Yakhchali in this situation, he was in better shape last year.

so I guess this will be our final squad. but of course there are still more days of training left in Tehran and things can change. hope for no more injury and I really hope Zangeneh makes it. he was the best local player of Super League last year and improved A LOT.

PG: Kamrani, Aslani
    SG: Afagh, Davari, Davarpanah
    PF: Sahakian, Zangeneh, Hassanzadeh
    I feel like Kardoust would be on the roster for sure. Between Zanganeh, Hassanzadeh and Arghavan, one will be dropped probably, have no idea who.
    as you pointed out, I also noticed that he's not playing Yakhchali and Afagh as much, but I hope Yakhchali makes it in the final 12 he is very talented.
    despite the fact that he has missed a few games,if he recovers, I prefer Mashayekhi over Aslani, in my opinion he's a better PG when it comes to offensive plays, which is very important for a PG.
    out of 5 positions two will have 3 players and three positions will just have 2 . If I have to guess, I would say that he will probably choose 2C & 2SF & 3 SG. The question is will he select 3 3PG or 3PFs for the final 12?

Only one between Davari and Afagh should be in the 12 to make room for yakchali..As if Davari can get his shooting form, afagh maybe out.. Jamshidi is more than ready to be the main 2 for the team..

Zangeneh will miss the Asian Championship, it's official now A very very sad news. I was counting on him.

That's unfortunate. He has a bright future ahead of him, hope he recovers quickly.
    looks like Samad will start practicing with the team. 14 players have been called up for the final training camp:
    PG: Kamrani, Aslani, Mashayekhi
    SG: Afagh, Davari, Davarpanah, yakhchali
    PF: Sahakian, Arghavan, Hassanzadeh

Zangeneh will miss the Asian Championship, it's official now A very very sad news. I was counting on him.
    Big words, as he would really be a good forward for your team..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Big words, as he would really be a good forward for your team..
    yes, last year when Memi picked him it was a big surprise even for me, but he had a great season with Mahram and was their best player. you should know he had more playing time than Oshin Sahakian. they played together sometimes but when they got Haddadi, their coach benched Sahakian for Zangeneh. I know Oshin is still very important because of his experience but Zangeneh could be a great asset specially because we also don't have Kazemi.

even without Zangeneh, I still prefer to have another guard instead of Arghavan, he is the worst basketball player in history

The 12 man roster of the Iranian national basketball team has been announced, and mohsena got his wish, no Rouzbeh Arghavan in the final lineup

PG: Mehdi Kamrani, Farid aslani, Sajjad Mashayekhi
    SG: Hamed Afagh, Behnam Yakhchali, Saeed Davarpanah
    SF: Samad Nikkhah Bahrami, Mohammad Jamshidi
    PF: Oshin Sahakian, Mohammad Hasanzadeh
    C: Hamed Haddadi, Asghar Kardoust

Rouzbeh Arghavan and Javad Davari were excluded from the 14 players in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by behzadir View Post
    The 12 man roster of the Iranian national basketball team has been announced, and mohsena got his wish, no Rouzbeh Arghavan in the final lineup

PG: Mehdi Kamrani, Farid aslani, Sajjad Mashayekhi
    SG: Hamed Afagh, Behnam Yakhchali, Saeed Davarpanah
    SF: Samad Nikkhah Bahrami, Mohammad Jamshidi
    PF: Oshin Sahakian, Mohammad Hasanzadeh
    C: Hamed Haddadi, Asghar Kardoust

Rouzbeh Arghavan and Javad Davari were excluded from the 14 players in camp.
    Very formidable and complete line up. Iran will be the favorites.

IBF just announced the final roster. There is one change. Aslani is now replaced by Javad Davari !

I am inviting you to join the 2015 IBN FIBA Asia Prediction Game.

Click the link on my sig to start. Thanks.
    #NowIsTheTime #WeBelieve #China2019 #LabanPilipinas! #PUSO

Bauermann wants to continue his job as Iran NT head coach, so it's up to the federation to renew his contract or not.

he had a long interview here
    http://www.isna.ir/fa/news/940721134...85%D8%A7%D9%86

Bauermann wants to continue his job as Iran NT head coach, so it's up to the federation to renew his contract or not.

he had a long interview here
    http://www.isna.ir/fa/news/940721134...85%D8%A7%D9%86
    find a new one, yeah getting away with Haddadi sometimes is a good direction but not in a sense that you use your 12 players in it.. Offensive load/minutes should divided equally to him, Samad, Jamshidi and Sahakian/Zangeneh despite who the opponents is.. Find a younger and bigger point guard who can be an offensive and defensive threat..as Kamrani would not last against the Castro's, Guo's (were not talking of Patty Mills here yet..) and in the future Arakj's.. Mashayeki and aslani are too small for that..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    find a new one, yeah getting away with Haddadi sometimes is a good direction but not in a sense that you use your 12 players in it.. Offensive load/minutes should divided equally to him, Samad, Jamshidi and Sahakian/Zangeneh despite who the opponents is.. Find a younger and bigger point guard who can be an offensive and defensive threat..as Kamrani would not last against the Castro's, Guo's (were not talking of Patty Mills here yet..) and in the future Arakj's.. Mashayeki and aslani are too small for that..
    in fact in this interview he is saying, he picked Yakhchali because he wanted to use Behnam as a PG because of his size. and he thinks Behnam can be a great PG in future. but after Afagh's injury, Davari also got injured after 3-4 minutes against China, he had no other option to play Yakhchali as SG.

btw he is also defending his captain here by saying "we could not even win a bronze without Samad"

in fact in this interview he is saying, he picked Yakhchali because he wanted to use Behnam as a PG because of his size. and he thinks Behnam can be a great PG in future. but after Afagh's injury, Davari also got injured after 3-4 minutes against China, he had no other option to play Yakhchali as SG.

btw he is also defending his captain here by saying "we could not even win a bronze without Samad"
    The samad thing absolutely true..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234