No announcement yet.

2015 U16 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosnia and Herzegovina won the Travnik tournament, defeating Serbia, Slovenia and a Zagreb selection (CRO) in final.

Serbia narrowly lost to BiH 56-52 and to Slovenia 82-76 and finished 5th beating a Travnik selection.

Excellent performance of BiH's Sani Čampara (24 pts vs SLO and 21 vs Zagreb) and Emir Čerzeković (16 pts vs SLO, 12 vs SRB and 11 vs Zagreb). Amar Barukčija also scored 15 pts in the last game.

Comment

why do moderators tolerate notorious fascist scum serbianhoops (banned on most ex yu forums) and his ramblings?

Comment

No ramblings, only facts. I guess you don't value my genealogy work on retired and current basketball players from former Yugoslavia because some facts clash with your national pride, but it's not a big deal.

By the way, Metalac Valjevo's 6'2" PG Marko Sarenac (late 1999) from Ljubovija (Western Serbia), who has gone through the tryout process of the Basketball Federation of Serbia for years, played for Bosnia at the above-mentioned U16 tournament in Travnik.

Luxembourg's U16 6'0" G Ben Kovac (2000) ended up top scorer of the tournament.
        Last edited by serbianhoops; 05-13-2015, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Marko Pecarski and Bogdan Nedeljkovic's moves to Mega Leks are said to be "done deals".

Comment

I saw our 18 players prelim roster, and if I'm not wrong, there is only one player born in 2000 there. It's Nikola Đaković. And it's not suprise, I'm pretty sure he will even make final 12 players roster. Kid had 17 points per game in Bosnian U18 league where he played against three years older player than him. Of course duo Musa & Sikiraš are dominant players of this team, he will have his full opportunity to shine on U16 Championship 2016.
            Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

Turkey won the Riom tournament beating France 67-62 in the last game.
              Best from Turkey were Ragip Atar (17pts), Ahmed Can Duran, Cagatay Afsar and Mert Konuk. Notables from France, Jaylen Hoard, Nicolas Donez and Patrick Gomis.
              Poland and England finished 3rd and 4th.

Comment

Serbia lost its first friendly game to Germany 59:83

Serbia : Krtinić, Uskoković 7, Pavićević, Šarenac, Vulikić 4, Nedeljković, Marjanović 7, Matić 16, Novaković 3, Tadić 3, Stajčić 1, Pecarski 11, Mihajloski, Ristanović 4, Simić 3.

Germany : Bonga 6, Buck 3, Drescher 11, Döding 5, Hadenfeldt 10, Herkenhoff 15, Luyeye 10, Šerić 6, Weidemann 5, Wendler 2, Wolf 3, Pinchuk 7.

6'8" Boris Ristanović should blossom in a big way down the road.
                Last edited by serbianhoops; 07-11-2015, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Greece lost to Bulgaria 51-62 in a friendly in Volos. Not a good sign...

Comment

I don't think those kind of losses are tragic, especialy on U16 level, where situation is pretty different from other groups. Players don't yet have the consistency we expect from older players at that age. And most good players I know didn't yet neccesarily differentiate from others at U16 level.
                    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

I am getting great news from our U16 team. They won all 8 games that they have played in preparation games. Ahmet Can Duran bursts into prominence in these games. Another prospect, yeah he is a center too.
                      Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                      Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                        I don't think those kind of losses are tragic, especialy on U16 level, where situation is pretty different from other groups. Players don't yet have the consistency we expect from older players at that age. And most good players I know didn't yet neccesarily differentiate from others at U16 level.
                        Also maturity level plays huge part at this stage. That's why often we see top players at U-16 endig as averge prospects or nowhere, while bench warmers or guys that didn't even make cut turn out as star prospects
                        Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Except Tauras Jogela(LOL), after 2005, the MVPs of U16 championships are good selections who are having good careers or will have soon. I agree with you on maturity level and its impact on game but at least for MVPs, winning this award is a kind of sign that these guys will have solid careers.
                          Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                          Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Agreed with both.
                            One of the biggest issues with the talent pool europe is having is a premature selection as at the age of 16 it really takes an expert eye with quite some luck to understand how that player might evolve in the next few years. And players born in december, november, october can at that point be visibly less developed physicaly at that age on the top of that as well.

Slovenia is in division B, we're kind of traditionaly bad at the U16 stage.
                            I'm glad to see the tradition goes on, Ivo Daneu was one of the ex-Yu legends and a Fiba hall-of-famer, Jaka Daneu played the backup PG in Olimpija in the 90ies, while his son Jure Daneu is called up to U16 NT now. With all those brothers, sons, grandsons etc our bball is all about families obviously
                            Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
                              And most good players I know didn't yet neccesarily differentiate from others at U16 level.
                              Differentiate at U16 levels may indicate an early peak.
                              PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Serbia lost its second friendly game to Germany 82:85

Serbia : Krtinić 4, Pavićević, Kovačević, Šarenac, Vulikić 12, Nedeljković, Marjanović 15, Matić 11, Novaković, Tadić, Stajčić, Pecarski 7, Latinović 7, Mihajloski 12, Petrušev 13, Ristanović 1, Simić.

Germany : Bonga 18, Buck 2, Drescher 16, Döding 4, Hadenfeldt 5, Herkenhoff 9, Luyeye 4, Šerić 8, Weidemann 7, Wendler 4, Wolf 2, Pinchuk 6.

Shameful that Nikola Mišković (Mega Leks), Balsa Koprivica (USA), Danilo Petrović (Virtus Bologna), Mihailo Jovičić (Real Madrid) and Lazar Nikolić (Stella Azzurra Roma) declined their selection.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information