Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 2015 U16 European Championship

Some thoughts here from what we have seen so far at U16 level, projected to the 2016 U17 WC:

- 1st-tier teams: USA, BIH, TUR, ESP, LTU, CAN and AUS.

- With Musa, Campara and Sikiras, BIH has top prospects that not even USA has shown, with the exception of Gary Trent (again brilliant at the recent Nike & Adidas Global). USA has of course more depth, with the likes of Markus Howard, Jarred Vanderbilt, Jalen Hill, Wendell Carter etc. but needs more strength inside. Maybe we will see some new prospects coming. Bosnia on the other hand showed some lapses in its brilliant play at European tournament (two losses, some crazy moments...).

- Among other Europeans, Spain will benefit of being the home team and in full strength. Sergi Martinez is one of their best ever at cadet level and would have deserved All-Tournament selection. Turkey has #2 MVP in Bitim and is a really solid team, the same as Lithuania is (though without a great talent).

- Canada has a couple of potential future stars in Simi Shittu and Rowan Barrett, as well as some other interesting prospects. Australia wasn't that impressive at the Oceania qualifier (losing a game to NZL), and looks weaker than in the past. Their best have been Dragan Elkiz, Sam Froling and Kyle Zunic.

Much will for sure come before U17 WC, and hopefully some more talents will in the meantime develop, let's wait and see!

The next U17 WC will be very interesting. Big favourite is of course USA because they have brought on U17 WC their best basketball potentials unlike the U19 WC where they have brought their third or fourth team without players who had been choosen in first or second round on NBA draft, respectively players who had not been choosen in any round. I don't see the way how can any national team beat them when they in full squad. I would or better say will be very happy if my country win any medal, bronze or silver. We have big quality as we demonstrated in Lithuania with gold medal but the Americans are more quality. If we qualify in final game with them it would be fantastic success for our basket, and with big big luck we could beat them, but it is hard to imagine.

They are more physically growth up, but we can oppose because we have very strong and big Sikiras, Mutic, Mirkovic, Barukcija, Kocic, and there is one player who didn't play on this tournament, Burko from Zenica, who is tall around 2m15cm what is amazing for one cadet. If Radoncic from Real don't want to play for Bosnia, Burko would play. Nikola Djakovic won't be in roster because he will have the obligation play and lead U16 team on next tournament, and on this U17 championship he won't have minutes, so he is not neccessary.

Players born in 2000, those who will play next year in div A

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Nikola Dakovic SF 1.99 22.06.2000 Gradiska (BIH)

Finland
    Tomas Pihlajamäki G 1.88 26.01.2000 Espoo (FIN)

Germany
    Hendrik Drescher PF 2.04 21.03.2000 Berlin (GER)

Italy
    Matteo Laganà PG 1.89 10.01.2000 Melito Di Porto Salvo (ITA)
    Nicolò Dellosto SG 1.94 04.06.2000 Trieste (ITA)

Latvia
    Adrians Snipke PF 1.95 06.04.2000 Riga (LAT)
    Arturs Zagars PG 1.73 21.04.2000 Riga (LAT)
    Arturs Kurucs SG 1.90 19.01.2000 Cesis (LAT)
    Anrijs Miska PF 2.01 14.01.2000 Rujiena (LAT)
    Armands Berkis C 2.03 31.07.2000 Jelgava (LAT)

Lithuania
    Tomas Balciunas C 2.00 04.04.2000 Kupiskis (LTU)

Montenegro
    Igor Drobnjak PG 1.84 21.04.2000 Podgorica (MNE)
    Pavle Titic PG 1.83 02.03.2000 Podgorica (MNE)
    Danilo Brnovic PF 1.95 10.08.2000 Cetinje (MNE)

Serbia
    Filip Petrusev C 2.05 15.04.2000 Belgrade (SRB)
    Marko Pecarski C 2.05 12.02.2000 Gijon (ESP)

Turkey
    Eray Akyuz PG 1.87 12.07.2000 Manisa (TUR)
    Mert Konuk SG 1.91 02.04.2000 Nilüfer (TUR)

Estonia
    Karl Kristjan Karpin C 2.05 02.11.2000 Tallinn (EST)

Poland
    Andrzej Mateusz Pluta PG 1.83 03.06.2000 Ruda Slaska (POL)
    Przemyslaw Golek SF 1.95 31.01.2000 Skierniewice (POL)

noted best
    Last edited by Mika Hakinen; 09-01-2015 at 01:03 AM.

After great summer for U18 and U16 national teams, I'm worried what will happen in next summer. Both generations 1998 and 2000 are mediocre at best.

U18 team could be decent with a help of generation 1999, but they will be occupied with the U17 World championship.

As for U16 national team, right now there are only two players in generation 2000 with some reputation. It would be a disaster if they end in division B because generation 2001 is ultra talented and we all want to watch them in division A in U16 European championship 2017.

Some of the most talented players from generation 2001 will probably find their place in the team already in the next championship.
    Maybe I'm just cocky after we won a gold in this summer, but now I also expect a medal from this 2001 generation, of course not in next year, we will have to wait U16 European championship 2017.

Generation 2001 seems generally very talented, I heard from a people from different countries that they consider generation 2001 as one of their best in the last decade.
    Last edited by BiHBasket; 10-08-2015 at 08:32 PM.

Tomas Balciunas will play with FC Barcelona from this season.
    The Lithuanian prospect born in 2000 has played several tournaments with Real Madrid last season but he decided to sign with Barcelona, as reported by Kia En Zona.
    http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/s...barcelona.html

Remember when I claimed that we were robbed in the game against Finland and people here were assured me that I'm wrong? Well, today director of Bosnian basketball association said that two referees from that game got a suspension from FIBA.

I know it, three tehnical fouls, three of our players were fouled out, Sikiras wasn't fouled out in the end but he had 4 fouls already in the first half. And funniest thing is that Musa was fouled out, probably first time ever. At same time, Finisih players beaten him, they kicked him in the head, slapped him in the face, at one moment someone hurt his eye with the finger and he didn't play for couple of minutes, and all that was normal for referees.
    Last edited by BiHBasket; 10-08-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Default hello this is sport forum not nationalistic propaganda forum .

Quote Originally Posted by serbianhoops View Post
    No ramblings, only facts. I guess you don't value my genealogy work on retired and current basketball players from former Yugoslavia because some facts clash with your national pride, but it's not a big deal.

By the way, Metalac Valjevo's 6'2" PG Marko Sarenac (late 1999) from Ljubovija (Western Serbia), who has gone through the tryout process of the Basketball Federation of Serbia for years, played for Bosnia at the above-mentioned U16 tournament in Travnik.

Luxembourg's U16 6'0" G Ben Kovac (2000) ended up top scorer of the tournament.
    This is sport forum and let children live their lige without carry there fathers and mothers sins with that stupid war. Kids are our hope because they will look past differnce in name or religion with each next generation. Bosnia and Herzegovina is Njegos land and Musa , Lazar , Campara and others are hes countrymans and togheter they show what they can do . I m really sick of people like you , wae is over , we must live together , we must forgive but never forgat that we was push in a war and only thing we all got is destroy all good , kill a lot of people . Now lwt children play Basketball dor land they are born in to , where they breathe air and let Njegos be unburden by past.

Is that all you know about basketball? Stunning

You can stop writing now otherwise we will all get dumber.

PS : Are you living in a Care Bears World or something like that?
    Z0049033.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mika Hakinen View Post
    Tomas Balciunas will play with FC Barcelona from this season.
    The Lithuanian prospect born in 2000 has played several tournaments with Real Madrid last season but he decided to sign with Barcelona, as reported by Kia En Zona.
    http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/s...barcelona.html
    I just do not get this .
    Didn't he sign with Madrid last year ? I think he was living there , training and playing for Real .
    And why would Madrid would sign 16 year old player just for one year ?
    Very strange .

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415