No announcement yet.

Steroids, testing etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the issue with alot of sports. Instead of finding out why one team just routed everyonr. They want to point fingers and find some sort of unfair advantage. Yes pedi may be used by some. But I garintee you if they are the usa team wouldn't be the only ones using them. The reason the usa team is bigger is because of the American culture and diet that these guys have been consuming since birth. Don't be mad at the usa team for using its size and strength and speed to their advantage. Smart basketball is using what you have to ensure a win. That's all team usa does they use their advantages to win ball games why should they conform and slow down and play a Harvard style pass the ball 4 times before shooting when they are already blowing teams out by 30 by running and gunning and just beating down teams. Cause it's not pretty? All that matters in the end is who wins. This team is like 76 and . The program works and instead of looking for holes and ways to call team usa cheats. How about modeling your program after them so that in future tournaments we all don't have to watch a snooze fest of a tournament.

Comment

The USA team is made up of black Americans. That is why they are so athletic. I know Europeans don't like to admit it, but blacks with ancestry from Western Africa are more athletic overall when it comes to sprinting and jumping. That's why when you watch track athletes, the best sprinters in the world are almost all black.

These black American athletes are the best of the best. They have supreme athleticism, which is why they excel at basketball and make it to the highest levels.

So not only are they athletic, but they are also very talented because they grew up playing in the USA where sports are very important. When they get to college and the professional ranks, they then have access to the best training to maximize their athletic ability.

Most European players, even with all of the steroids in the world would never be able to jump like Vince Carter, Michael Jordan, Gerald Green, etc. Black athletes are just superior when it comes to running and jumping, and with the coaching and training of the USA behind them, they can maximize their athletic gifts and talents, which is why the USA is so good at basketball.

European players are at an inherent disadvantage that they can never close the gap to. Even white Americans are at a disadvantage when it comes to growing up playing basketball in the USA because they have to compete with all of these amazing athletes who are black. That's why the white Americans who do make the NBA are generally just shooters because that is the only way they can compete.

So for those claiming that USA players use steroids, then why are none of the white American players very fast and athletic and can jump really high? If Americans use steroids, then the white American players would be more athletic than the white Europeans. But that isn't the case. It is just a fact that black American athletes are superior athletically when it comes to basketball than most European players and white American players.

Comment

Originally posted by BMD Prime View Post
        The USA team is made up of black Americans. That is why they are so athletic. I know Europeans don't like to admit it, but blacks with ancestry from Western Africa are more athletic overall when it comes to sprinting and jumping. That's why when you watch track athletes, the best sprinters in the world are almost all black.

These black American athletes are the best of the best. They have supreme athleticism, which is why they excel at basketball and make it to the highest levels.

So not only are they athletic, but they are also very talented because they grew up playing in the USA where sports are very important. When they get to college and the professional ranks, they then have access to the best training to maximize their athletic ability.

Most European players, even with all of the steroids in the world would never be able to jump like Vince Carter, Michael Jordan, Gerald Green, etc. Black athletes are just superior when it comes to running and jumping, and with the coaching and training of the USA behind them, they can maximize their athletic gifts and talents, which is why the USA is so good at basketball.

European players are at an inherent disadvantage that they can never close the gap to. Even white Americans are at a disadvantage when it comes to growing up playing basketball in the USA because they have to compete with all of these amazing athletes who are black. That's why the white Americans who do make the NBA are generally just shooters because that is the only way they can compete.

So for those claiming that USA players use steroids, then why are none of the white American players very fast and athletic and can jump really high? If Americans use steroids, then the white American players would be more athletic than the white Europeans. But that isn't the case. It is just a fact that black American athletes are superior athletically when it comes to basketball than most European players and white American players.
        and we are talking 314 million people population, basketball courts everywhere, a lot of schools, excellent college tournament etc. 1st world country with a lot of money.

here in Brazil we have 190 million of people, this black people population too, but our population is 47% white, 43% brown, 7% black, we have a lot of european people too, especially here in south which is 27 million of people and 10 million are descendants of Italians, but we don't have quality with our job on basketball, here in everywhere people just talk about, soccer, soccer and soccer... sports channel are 90% soccer and 10% other sports. I think with hard and serious work, we would be the second force in the world of basketball, given the potential population.
        Old Profile: GustavoGanso (Since 2010)

Comment

Originally posted by GuTO View Post
          and we are talking 314 million people population, basketball courts everywhere, a lot of schools, excellent college tournament etc. 1st world country with a lot of money.

here in Brazil we have 190 million of people, this black people population too, but our population is 47% white, 43% brown, 7% black, we have a lot of european people too, especially here in south which is 27 million of people and 10 million are descendants of Italians, but we don't have quality with our job on basketball, here in everywhere people just talk about, soccer, soccer and soccer... sports channel are 90% soccer and 10% other sports. I think with hard and serious work, we would be the second force in the world of basketball, given the potential population.
          For sure. If Brazil liked basketball like the U.S., they could be possibly just as good as the U.S. with equal athletes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Boys 2882 View Post
            It's racism or xenophobia. You pick. Either way, you speak from ignorance.

To say American basketball players are stupid is so wrong I can't even read it without suppressing the urge to laugh. It's like the sort of argument a child would come up with.

But hey, any excuse you can come up with, I guess...
            WTF are you talking about? You brainwashed Americans always see racism.
            He explained why he thinks they are stupid: because their game plan/game style/tactics look stupid to him. How is that anything to do with race or whatever?
            Those polit correct liberal guilters see racism in all the funny places. Disgraceful.

Comment

That's funny cuz the one white guy on this US team, all he is good at is jumping and running and he was more athletic than any of the Serbian players I saw today. Yes, I do think white American players are in general more athletic than Euro guys too. I think American work ethics is highly underestimated here. American players white or black work hard at their craft and fitness. Harder than other cultures. It's really insulting to suggest that their elite level of play came easy to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne White View Post
                The reason the usa team is bigger is because of the American culture and diet that these guys have been consuming since birth
                What kind of diet? It looks like most of them eat lots of junk food and stuff.
                Example:

I was shocked that somebody could eats as shitty as that, let alone pro basketball player, let alone not just some pro player, but top level nba player... SHOCKING.
                And I hear many stories like that.
                So I am really curious what kind of diet are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Rostam View Post
                  That's funny cuz the one white guy on this US team, all he is good at is jumping and running and he was more athletic than any of the Serbian players I saw today. Yes, I do think white American players are in general more athletic than Euro guys too. I think American work ethics is highly underestimated here. American players white or black work hard at their craft and fitness. Harder than other cultures. It's really insulting to suggest that their elite level of play came easy to them.
                  Mason Plumlee? He is not particularly athletic. Decent athleticism, but nothing special. He is in good physical shape, but he cannot play an athletic style of ball like Faried or Davis.

And I'm saying U.S. players are both athletic AND skilled. They do work very hard which is why they are so good.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
                    What kind of diet? It looks like most of them eat lots of junk food and stuff.
                    Example:

I was shocked that somebody could eats as shitty as that, let alone pro basketball player, let alone not just some pro player, but top level nba player... SHOCKING.
                    And I hear many stories like that.
                    So I am really curious what kind of diet are you referring to?
                    That guy doesn't even make sense because the U.S. team isn't any bigger than other teams. They are under-sized if anything...

Comment

That guy doesn't even make sense because the U.S. team isn't any bigger than other teams. They are under-sized if anything...
                      Huh?
                      Topic was about some superior diet that US players supposedly do since birth. Yet we see many examples of the exact opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreekmeister View Post
                        Huh?
                        Topic was about some superior diet that US players supposedly do since birth. Yet we see many examples of the exact opposite.
                        The guy you quoted said "The reason the USA team is bigger is because..."

I'm saying he was wrong from the start. The U.S. team isn't any bigger than other teams in the tournament.

Comment

Mason Plumlee? He is not particularly athletic. Decent athleticism, but nothing special. He is in good physical shape, but he cannot play an athletic style of ball like Faried or Davis.

And I'm saying U.S. players are both athletic AND skilled. They do work very hard which is why they are so good.
                          My point is that white American players are also typically more athletic. With regards to plumlee, the only reason he is an NBA player is because he can run the length of the court fast for his height, and he can jump. I can only think of one or two Euro players who got drafted for the same reason and they hardly ever play. Jan Vesley comes to mind. Maybe Biedrins?

Comment

As usual usagre makes a thread ridiculous and unreadable.

Claiming THESE USA players play like idiots isn't racist. They do. Get the hell over it, because it's you who is sounding like a child.

African American players are no less intelligent and often more intelligent than their white USA counterparts because they play in much more difficult leagues growing up. The fact is though, these intelligent African American players aren't the ones getting picked most often. Derrick Rose is one of them. He played at Simeon in Chicago, one of the biggest basketball hotbeds for high school basketball in the country. Davis too is from Chicago. Steph Curry is a fairly smart player when he wants to be. Rudy Gay can be smart when he wants to as well and comes from another hotbed in Baltimore, MD. African American players from hotbeds like New York, Philly, Chicago, and Baltimore (even DC, but DC not "the DMV") are smart players who are also skilled scorers and tend to be very tough players. African American players from the suburbs and from California especially are not known for being smart or complete players and are known more for being players who grow up playing basketball in suburban gyms yet try to play streetball. In the South it's a crapshoot, especially depending on which part of it you're referring to. Most Deep South players tend to be like Faried, very athletic and maybe even skilled but more hustle and athleticism than anything. Players from VA, KY, and especially NC tend to be similar to players in California in that they try to play streetball despite growing up playing in suburban gyms.

Now as to the African American "natural" physicality. It's bullshit unless you're talking about actual Africans in Africa. It's about how you grow up and how you're athletically developed. White players can do it too but many of them (especially due to white flight) grow up too soft and play in leagues that don't require being athletic. The ones who don't fit that stereotype are every bit as athletic as any African American. Dunking and being athletic is about nothing but being in the best shape possible and being as agile and explosive as possible.

Comment

For sure. If Brazil liked basketball like the U.S., they could be possibly just as good as the U.S. with equal athletes.
                              Yes we could be a great potential, maybe not good as USA, but better than rest of world. But we still in 1970. We have money etc but we don't have smart people to make basketball here.
                              Old Profile: GustavoGanso (Since 2010)

Comment

And EVERY team should get tested for any kind of performance enhancing drugs. The NBA's policy is a joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information