Steroids, testing etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steroids, testing etc.

Just wanted to ask, when will USA allow to world to test their players? I mean if there is nothing to hide......but that's none of my business

It's a matter of correct diet.
    If the Serbs could eat,drink (inject?) the same substances as regulars NBA players do, they would win easily this super athletic but low bbIQ team. Let's face the truth. Take away the physical abilities of this USA team and what will be left? A one-dimensional gameplay and an idividual skillset similar or worse than some elite European NTs.

Athletic abilities-anabolcs- denial of same testing as other teams....hmmmmm. Is there a connection?

Comment

Originally posted by usagre
      so its nba players? what about european nba players? just clarify for all of us please.
      Nice passive aggressive tone. Are you trolling? I feel like you are.

Like I said I'm one of those "if I don't think about it it's not happening people". But most players in the NBA have "tweaked diets" in some manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Adon View Post
        It's a matter of correct diet.
        If the Serbs could eat,drink (inject?) the same substances as regulars NBA players do, they would win easily this super athletic but low bbIQ team. Let's face the truth. Take away the physical abilities of this USA team and what will be left? A one-dimensional gameplay and an idividual skillset similar or worse than some elite European NTs.

Athletic abilities-anabolcs- denial of same testing as other teams....hmmmmm. Is there a connection?
        How do you find out that Serbian bball players are smarter than Usa's? In 2008 Olympics, thr smartest player on the ground was Chris Paul,IMO. You said it beacuse Usa is all-black team with an athletic and unskillled white guy who contributes nothing to the team. I feel that I smell racism from somewhere...
        In addition, The smartest player in this Wc is Boris Diaw,no doubt. Yes, he is black!

Comment

Jon_Koncak "the reliable" denies the fact?
          Oh well,it has to be just a well spread international rumor.

Check what is the agreement of some professional leagues with WADA for the antidopping control.You know how to google, don't you?

Comment

On NBA drug testing:

The director general of the World Anti-Doping Agency, David Howman, recently?singled out the NBA for “gaps”?in its anti-doping testing program.

Comment

Jon_Koncak "the reliable" denies the fact?
              Oh well,it has to be just a well spread international rumor.

Check what is the agreement of some professional leagues with WADA for the antidopping control.You know how to google, don't you?
              you made the claim that USA players dont get tested in THIS tournament as opposed to players from other teams.I dont have to google anythin,i'm expecting YOU to provide a credible source that backs up this claim.But i doubt you'll find anythin

Comment

Anti doping testing in NBA is a joke.
                Derek Rose (in 2011) was asked to rate the NBA's problem with PEDs on a scale from one to ten. He classified it as a “seven,” and then dropped this:

"It’s huge and I think we need a level playing field, where nobody has that advantage over the next person."

Even Congress has decided that it’s time for the NBA to become more serious about testing. Check out what they say — Here’s a small excerpt:

“In preparation for this hearing, we had an opportunity to review the NBA drug policy. And with all due respect, the NBA policy on steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs is simply inadequate. Indeed, of the professional sports policies this Committee has reviewed, the NBA policy appears to be the weakest.

Under the NBA policy, NBA players face no random testing at all once they complete their rookie year. They are only tested once each year, during their one-month training camp.

The policy also fails to cover a vast number of drugs. There are literally dozens of steroids and stimulants that are outlawed in Olympic competition that are still legal for use in the NBA. The policy fails to cover performance enhancers such as human growth hormone or EPO. And it fails to cover designer steroids.”

Comment

Originally posted by turk-jugoslav View Post
                  How do you find out that Serbian bball players are smarter than Usa's? In 2008 Olympics, thr smartest player on the ground was Chris Paul,IMO. You said it beacuse Usa is all-black team with an athletic and unskillled white guy who contributes nothing to the team. I feel that I smell racism from somewhere...
                  In addition, The smartest player in this Wc is Boris Diaw,no doubt. Yes, he is black!
                  You smell racism because you are thinking with terms of skin color. I don't.
                  I was talking about the team play, not for the individual IQ. The "plan" of this team is always the same. I have seen no adaptation,no tactics, nothing smarter than Rocky's style in boxing. It's effective only because they are physically stronger than the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
                    you made the claim that USA players dont get tested in THIS tournament as opposed to players from other teams.I dont have to google anythin,i'm expecting YOU to provide a credible source that backs up this claim.But i doubt you'll find anythin
                    They get tested by the USA (anti-doping agency). USA guarantees it. And there are substances if abused in correct intervals that give you an edge during most of your lifetime, you don't have to use them all the time. HGH is one of those.

Comment

still expecting for a credible source.Cant take your words as a proof.Provide me an article that states that in this particular tournament USA players get different treatment when it comes to anti doping tests

Comment

Ah it's just like the old days. When the US does well accuse them of being on steroids, and if that fails mock them by calling them stupid.
                        Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

still expecting for a credible source.Cant take your words as a proof.Provide me an article that states that in this particular tournament USA players get different treatment when it comes to anti doping tests
                          It's almost impossible to find written proof but it's working like this:

Biggest international sport events are majorly sponsored by USA companies and if WADA doesn't accept that only USADA checks american players, USA will back off all of their athletes and that/those international events will lose credibility and sponsorship from that point on.

If we take this as fully wrong 100%, no chance etc. there is a question:

How come USA athletes were found guilty of using doping in multiple occasions(athletics+cycling) only YEARS after gold was taken? They WERE tested after their winning races and nothing was found. However 5-10 years later(when that gold has no meaning no more) suddenly they all admit that they were using doping?
                          1 coach, 2 days, 3 fingers, 4 quarters, 5 players, 6 one hundreds of a second and 7th of May!
                          ♥ PARIS BERCI - PARTIZAN MERCI ♥

11/9/2010 & 07/10/2011
                          DAYS WHEN WE ALL REALIZED THAT A TEAM CANT WIN THE REFS...

Comment

You are not my no 1 priority you know
                            I made the claim that NBA athletes are not tested for anabolics as the players from other teams. Not in "THIS" tournament in particular but generally.

I can give you tons of links that support my claim. Take a couple of samples:
                            "All major North American leagues have more timid testing than, say, the Olympics or cycling for a particular reason: Their testing programs are negotiated with powerful player unions who are concerned about their members’ privacy.

Many of the details of the NBA’s program also are kept quiet for the same reason -- the union and league have agreed, in writing, to keep much of the program confidential. Not only did the NBA and the players' association decline to comment for this story, but even the identity of the NBA staffers and outside contractors who implement the program are generally kept hidden"
                            The director general of the World Anti-Doping Agency, David Howman, recently?singled out the NBA for “gaps”?in its anti-doping testing program.

The director general of the World Anti-Doping Agency says the NBA's anti-doping program is insufficient.

"They've got gaps in their program, between what they do and what we suggest would be better," David Howman said.

The director general of the World Anti-Doping Agency says the NBA's anti-doping program is insufficient.

The "diet" gives results in the long run.

Comment

You smell racism because you are thinking with terms of skin color. I don't.
                              I was talking about the team play, not for the individual IQ. The "plan" of this team is always the same. I have seen no adaptation,no tactics, nothing smarter than Rocky's style in boxing. It's effective only because they are physically stronger than the competition.
                              It's racism or xenophobia. You pick. Either way, you speak from ignorance.

To say American basketball players are stupid is so wrong I can't even read it without suppressing the urge to laugh. It's like the sort of argument a child would come up with.

But hey, any excuse you can come up with, I guess...
                              Last edited by Bad Boys 2882; 09-14-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information