3rd place game: Lithuania - France

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ValanciunasFan View Post
    So what? You also congratulated France for winning the bronze medal, did you not? And you think that France should have won the gold medal, yes? And stop being sarcastic, or else I will think you are acting like Mazeikis. I can tell that you are going to be sarcastic of what I write, so if you continue to do so, I will think that you are two-thirds Mazeikis.
    The issue is not whether France wins the gold medal (and so what if they had?). The issue is that your consoling remarks about France not winning the gold this year are childish. Try to show more sportsmanship next time.

And how can you compare me to a hooligan like mazeikis? Do I deliberately insult players and forum members?

Comment

French players deserved these medals more then anyone else...
      https://twitter.com/AirAvangarda

Comment

Originally posted by AirBall View Post
        French players deserved these medals more then anyone else...
        +1

Batum, Diaw and co. deserve a medal, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by macleopard13 View Post
          The issue is not whether France wins the gold medal (and so what if they had?). The issue is that your consoling remarks about France not winning the gold this year are childish. Try to show more sportsmanship next time.

And how can you compare me to a hooligan like mazeikis? Do I deliberately insult players and forum members?
          Does it look like what I posted was childish? And we know that France won EuroBasket 2013, but today, they only won the bronze medal. You should realise that I am not comparing France's ability to win the gold medal; I am just saying that at the end of this match against Lithuania, they won the bronze medal. That game against France today reminded me of last year's championship game, except this time, it was a quarterfinal game and France won the bronze medal.

And does it look like I am comparing you to mazeikis? I am disgusted that your sarcasm is making me think you are acting like mazeikis. You do not insult players and forum members, but after I posted that France did not the gold medal this time because they lost to Serbia, you replied sarcastically. Do not ever respond to other forum members this way, or else other forum members will treat you harshly. Do you understand? Your sarcasm of how I post is inappropriate and unacceptable. Next time, be more positive or give meaningful feedback on my comments, or I will not be very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ValanciunasFan View Post
            They will not play the national anthems for the losing teams tomorrow. Unfortunately, if Lithuania won, our fans would have cheered loudly and they would play our national anthem at the bronze medal ceremony. I think the American fans will be very happy tomorrow because I think Team USA will defeat the Serbs for the gold medal.
            I'm a hardcore American fan BUT I have a feeling Serbia might surprise the USA tomorrow. I just have this weird feeling. Its not rational thinking.

Comment

Congrats to both teams, they came to the WC w/out some key players and made it to the semis!
              4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Comment

So once again I watched the game at the giant screen near Baltasis Tiltas in Vilnius and Team Lietuva lost! Drat. Maybe I should have stayed away.

Actually it wasn't so much that Team Lietuva as Team France just came out and won the game in the fourth quarter. They made circus shots after circus shot so congratulations to France! And congratulations to all the players who shot foul shots in the last 45 seconds or so. Not counting Jonas Mačiulis' deliberate miss on his last shot, they made (I think) fifteen of sixteen free throws. Talk about icy cold under pressure!

Interesting that Paulius Jankūnas waited until he sprained his ankle to have his best game of the tournament.

Once again the crowd was remarkably well behaved and people were saying "Look we fought till the end, and fourth place in the world isn't bad at all. Nobody expected that we'd get this far without Mantas Kalnietis anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                  So once again I watched the game at the giant screen near Baltasis Tiltas in Vilnius and Team Lietuva lost! Drat. Maybe I should have stayed away.

Actually it wasn't so much that Team Lietuva as Team France just came out and won the game in the fourth quarter. They made circus shots after circus shot so congratulations to France! And congratulations to all the players who shot foul shots in the last 45 seconds or so. Not counting Jonas Mačiulis' deliberate miss on his last shot, they made (I think) fifteen of sixteen free throws. Talk about icy cold under pressure!

Interesting that Paulius Jankūnas waited until he sprained his ankle to have his best game of the tournament.

Once again the crowd was remarkably well behaved and people were saying "Look we fought till the end, and fourth place in the world isn't bad at all. Nobody expected that we'd get this far without Mantas Kalnietis anyway!"

Till this day i am angry with this loss.We had such a good chance. Motiejūnas played really bad in such an important game. But France deserved the win Anyways. Yes the last seconds of the game was nerve wracking. Id say France risked with this free throw battle.
                  Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
                  FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
                  FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information