View Poll Results: The bronze medalist is?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

    9 34.62%
  • France

    17 65.38%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 98 of 98

Thread: 3rd place game: Lithuania - France

  1. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    I really enjoyed the ending of this match.Those 27 free throws in the last 30 seconds had me on the edge of my seat.European coaching for the win (and the death of bball fan)
    You don't seem to like anything about FIBA basketball, European basketball, but you keep on watching. You're such a masochist!

  2. #82
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    1,847
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    France well done you deserved it ! We gave you our best punches and you never give up thats true champions character. My team today i feel played really good game,i felt that energy and heart they put in order to steal it,but when 2 good teams meets one will come up short.We prove we are not that weak as some here were trying to show,that like there were like 6 better team in other side and that we were lucky to be here thats bullshit.Luck has nothing to do with the fact that 3 million people counrty made top4 in the world 7th time in last 20 years (1992,1996,2000,2004,2008,2010,2014). Luck dont repeat 7 times no matter how you look at it.One ball goes other way today and what we would have been lucky again right ?
    Last edited by Shawshank; 09-13-2014 at 06:49 PM.

  3. #83

    Default

    Probably not the best game for Kazlauskas. Lithuania used high rotation and "you give all you got in those 5-7" minutes tactics all tournament long. Why Jonas had to run all 4th quarter is a good question. He was dead tired at the end and couldn't finish strong in the clutch time. Adas gave us additional hope and soon as that - hit the bench? That was strange decision - he's probably the fastest player we have and could knock down the three.

    Congrats to France. Diaw and Batum brought leadership that Lithuania lacked (even thought JV and Seibutis were brilliant at times). Nice high IQ basketball and deserved win.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  4. #84
    Senior Member Marty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    314
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    France well done you deserved it ! We gave you our best punches and you never give up thats true champions character. My team today i feel played really good game,i felt that energy and heart they put in order to steal it,but when 2 good teams meets one will come up short.We prove we are not that weak as some here were trying to show,that like there were like 6 better team in other side and that we were lucky to be here thats bullshit.Luck has nothing to do with the fact that 3 million people counrty made top4 in the world 7th time in last 20 years (1992,1996,2000,2004,2008,2010,2014). Luck dont repeat 7 times no matter how you look at it.
    + 1995, 2003, 2007, 2013 in EC not so bad at all

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    88
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    They will not play the national anthems for the losing teams tomorrow. Unfortunately, if Lithuania won, our fans would have cheered loudly and they would play our national anthem at the bronze medal ceremony. I think the American fans will be very happy tomorrow because I think Team USA will defeat the Serbs for the gold medal.

  6. #86
    Senior Member madmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    I really enjoyed the ending of this match.Those 27 free throws in the last 30 seconds had me on the edge of my seat.European coaching for the win (and the death of bball fan)
    yes, because tight NBA games with all their time outs and commercial breaks go at a lightning pace, correct?

  7. #87
    Senior Member Victorious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,403
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    France well done you deserved it ! We gave you our best punches and you never give up thats true champions character. My team today i feel played really good game,i felt that energy and heart they put in order to steal it,but when 2 good teams meets one will come up short.We prove we are not that weak as some here were trying to show,that like there were like 6 better team in other side and that we were lucky to be here thats bullshit.Luck has nothing to do with the fact that 3 million people counrty made top4 in the world 7th time in last 20 years (1992,1996,2000,2004,2008,2010,2014). Luck dont repeat 7 times no matter how you look at it.One ball goes other way today and what we would have been lucky again right ?
    Lithuania is a basketball nation. No one said that they were lucky. The results can be a bit lucky because of the draw though. Playing one of your best games and loose doesn't prove much. In any case, you are forth FIBA World Cup 2014. That's what history will say.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

  8. #88
    Senior Member macleopard13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,110
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValanciunasFan View Post
    Oh la la! I am upset that we lost by two points. Félicitations, France. That is "Congratulations" in French. However, I will say congratulations to Lithuania for making to the bronze medal after getting crushed by the United States, but we were defeated today by the French. I do not know how the game would be different if Kalnietis, Kleiza, and Javtokas played. It reminded me of last year's match when Tony Parker played. Last year's EuroBasket 2013 champions have earned themselves a bronze medal today. We did not get the gold medal last year, but today, we did not any medals at all. What an embarrassing loss like last year, but at least France did not get the gold medal today! But in my opinion, I think United States will get the gold tomorrow and Serbia will get the silver medal.
    You say congrats to France, and then you turn around and say "at least they didn't win the gold medal." Smooth .

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    88
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macleopard13 View Post
    You say congrats to France, and then you turn around and say "at least they didn't win the gold medal." Smooth .
    So what? You also congratulated France for winning the bronze medal, did you not? And you think that France should have won the gold medal, yes? And stop being sarcastic, or else I will think you are acting like Mazeikis. I can tell that you are going to be sarcastic of what I write, so if you continue to do so, I will think that you are two-thirds Mazeikis.

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    yes, because tight NBA games with all their time outs and commercial breaks go at a lightning pace, correct?
    +1000

  11. #91
    Senior Member macleopard13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,110
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValanciunasFan View Post
    So what? You also congratulated France for winning the bronze medal, did you not? And you think that France should have won the gold medal, yes? And stop being sarcastic, or else I will think you are acting like Mazeikis. I can tell that you are going to be sarcastic of what I write, so if you continue to do so, I will think that you are two-thirds Mazeikis.
    The issue is not whether France wins the gold medal (and so what if they had?). The issue is that your consoling remarks about France not winning the gold this year are childish. Try to show more sportsmanship next time.

    And how can you compare me to a hooligan like mazeikis? Do I deliberately insult players and forum members?

  12. #92
    Senior Member AirBall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    4,204
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    French players deserved these medals more then anyone else...

  13. #93
    Senior Member Obina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,901
    Country: Montenegro

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AirBall View Post
    French players deserved these medals more then anyone else...
    +1

    Batum, Diaw and co. deserve a medal, absolutely.

  14. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    88
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macleopard13 View Post
    The issue is not whether France wins the gold medal (and so what if they had?). The issue is that your consoling remarks about France not winning the gold this year are childish. Try to show more sportsmanship next time.

    And how can you compare me to a hooligan like mazeikis? Do I deliberately insult players and forum members?
    Does it look like what I posted was childish? And we know that France won EuroBasket 2013, but today, they only won the bronze medal. You should realise that I am not comparing France's ability to win the gold medal; I am just saying that at the end of this match against Lithuania, they won the bronze medal. That game against France today reminded me of last year's championship game, except this time, it was a quarterfinal game and France won the bronze medal.

    And does it look like I am comparing you to mazeikis? I am disgusted that your sarcasm is making me think you are acting like mazeikis. You do not insult players and forum members, but after I posted that France did not the gold medal this time because they lost to Serbia, you replied sarcastically. Do not ever respond to other forum members this way, or else other forum members will treat you harshly. Do you understand? Your sarcasm of how I post is inappropriate and unacceptable. Next time, be more positive or give meaningful feedback on my comments, or I will not be very happy.

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,689
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ValanciunasFan View Post
    They will not play the national anthems for the losing teams tomorrow. Unfortunately, if Lithuania won, our fans would have cheered loudly and they would play our national anthem at the bronze medal ceremony. I think the American fans will be very happy tomorrow because I think Team USA will defeat the Serbs for the gold medal.
    I'm a hardcore American fan BUT I have a feeling Serbia might surprise the USA tomorrow. I just have this weird feeling. Its not rational thinking.

  16. #96
    Senior Member Dr. Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    612
    Country: Macedonia

    Default

    Congrats to both teams, they came to the WC w/out some key players and made it to the semis!
    4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

  17. #97
    Senior Member Hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,955
    Country: Canada

    Default

    So once again I watched the game at the giant screen near Baltasis Tiltas in Vilnius and Team Lietuva lost! Drat. Maybe I should have stayed away.



    Actually it wasn't so much that Team Lietuva as Team France just came out and won the game in the fourth quarter. They made circus shots after circus shot so congratulations to France! And congratulations to all the players who shot foul shots in the last 45 seconds or so. Not counting Jonas Mačiulis' deliberate miss on his last shot, they made (I think) fifteen of sixteen free throws. Talk about icy cold under pressure!



    Interesting that Paulius Jankūnas waited until he sprained his ankle to have his best game of the tournament.

    Once again the crowd was remarkably well behaved and people were saying "Look we fought till the end, and fourth place in the world isn't bad at all. Nobody expected that we'd get this far without Mantas Kalnietis anyway!"


  18. #98
    Senior Member Modis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    782
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    So once again I watched the game at the giant screen near Baltasis Tiltas in Vilnius and Team Lietuva lost! Drat. Maybe I should have stayed away.



    Actually it wasn't so much that Team Lietuva as Team France just came out and won the game in the fourth quarter. They made circus shots after circus shot so congratulations to France! And congratulations to all the players who shot foul shots in the last 45 seconds or so. Not counting Jonas Mačiulis' deliberate miss on his last shot, they made (I think) fifteen of sixteen free throws. Talk about icy cold under pressure!



    Interesting that Paulius Jankūnas waited until he sprained his ankle to have his best game of the tournament.

    Once again the crowd was remarkably well behaved and people were saying "Look we fought till the end, and fourth place in the world isn't bad at all. Nobody expected that we'd get this far without Mantas Kalnietis anyway!"

    Till this day i am angry with this loss.We had such a good chance. Motiejūnas played really bad in such an important game. But France deserved the win Anyways. Yes the last seconds of the game was nerve wracking. Id say France risked with this free throw battle.
    Lithuania

    Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
    FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
    FIBA European Championship : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •