C: Joakim Noah, Marc Gasol , Enes Kanter , Nicola Pekovic , Ömer Asik

Comment

Well... I'd go with this one

PG: Rodriguez, Teodošić
      SG: G.Dragič, Llull
      SF: Batum, Fernandez, Bjelica
      PF: Diaw, Šarić, Hryapa
      C: Pau, Noah

Those aren't the top12 out there but would have a supreme court awareness, with ability to put up a good defensive, running, tall, stretch, small lineups... you name it you got it, loads of versatility.
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

My 12

C: M.Gasol N.Vucevic Valanciunas
        PF: B.Diaw P.Gasol D.Motiejunas
        SF: D.Gallinari N.Bjelica
        SG: G.Dragic R.Fernandez
        PG: M.Teodosic N.De Colo defensively this team is alot better than US. However US has so many PG to chooce from its ridicolous.
        Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
        FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
        FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Modis View Post
          My 12

PG: M.Teodosic N.De Colo defensively this team is alot better than US. However US has so many PG to chooce from its ridicolous.

Individual talent wise the USA team is far superior to this group of players. The only thing that would keep it close is chemistry and the familiarity with FIBA ball. Play by NBA rules and the game isn't close, get the USA to share the ball and play like a team and it isn't close.

Guys like DMo, Diaw, Rudy, De Colo are average NBA players at best. You are putting up a team with one or two NBA allstar caliber players against a team full of allstars MVPs, First Team players. I love Pau, Marc and a healthy Gallo. Dragic when on, is pretty darn good too. Vuc and Val are good but have serious limitations, the rest of the names are mediocre to NBA fans.

Sure, one game the Euro team could certainly win but the odds would still be with the US. The Euro team would likely have same chemistry issues to deal with that routinely disadvantages the USA, but they do have the advantage FIBA style experience. The "Golden" Spanish teams would probably beat this collection of euro stars as well. Their familiarity and team work would be the overwhelming advantage. Maybe Argentina at its peak as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
            Individual talent wise the USA team is far superior to this group of players. The only thing that would keep it close is chemistry and the familiarity with FIBA ball. Play by NBA rules and the game isn't close, get the USA to share the ball and play like a team and it isn't close.

Guys like DMo, Diaw, Rudy, De Colo are average NBA players at best. You are putting up a team with one or two NBA allstar caliber players against a team full of allstars MVPs, First Team players. I love Pau, Marc and a healthy Gallo. Dragic when on, is pretty darn good too. Vuc and Val are good but have serious limitations, the rest of the names are mediocre to NBA fans.

Sure, one game the Euro team could certainly win but the odds would still be with the US. The Euro team would likely have same chemistry issues to deal with that routinely disadvantages the USA, but they do have the advantage FIBA style experience. The "Golden" Spanish teams would probably beat this collection of euro stars as well. Their familiarity and team work would be the overwhelming advantage. Maybe Argentina at its peak as well.
            Dont be fooled by this individual talent only.There is more things to take into account.If Europe was to have time to prepare.Plus Europe would probably be very tactical with US. US always finds this hard with very tactical teams because then its up to the coaching staff to find solutions and not this great individuality that US has. But i agree US still has the edge over Europe. Europe would probably be more disciplined and better at defense. Having M.GASOL. And P.GASOL would make us better in defense. But offensively Europe just doesn't have the same firepower as the US with likes of Lebron and Durant. However I will add that Europe has a Larger pool of players to chooce from. And there is many Euroleague players who are NBA level... Anyways wouldn't it be nice if one day this kind of clash would happen. Europe definitely had better players before, Europe from 2000 and 2007 back then would destroyed US .
            Last edited by Modis; 10-08-2015, 06:53 PM.
            Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
            FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
            FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Modis View Post
              My 12

Don't really see how this team is defensively better. Only one truly outstanding defender here, that is Marc Gasol. The rest are just outclassed on defense, some very bad defenders. It's different talking about tactics and strategy, but as individuals very few people from that roster actually play consistent and solid defense.

Team USA (depending on the roster that they take) will always field a larger number of elite defenders. It's a different story that they usually just go for tempo vs Euro teams, instead of locking down on defense.

Comment

European teams are the biggest threat to American basketball for like 15 years now. The competition hasn't been this close ever. But USA will still win if they get the right players involved and those players being willing to perform.
                http://indigowolf.com.au/bags

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information