No announcement yet.

All Europe Team vs USA team...who wins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Europe Team vs USA team...who wins?

Lets have an interesting discussion since USA has beaten every other teams by 20+ points and its pretty likely they get
    gold unless a colossal upset happens. There is strength in numbers and USA have a 300+ million population certainly helps
    in having a constant stream of talent and depth. For other countries it might not be the same as many have mentioned with a "golden generation"
    of great players in one era and then being mediocre the next.

How about an all Europe team? That will be competitive.

C) Marc Gasol / Giannis Bourousis
    PF) Pau Gasol/ Jonas Valanciunas
    SF) Bojan Bogdanovic/ Dario Saric/Kostas Kaimakoglou
    SG) Zoran Dragic/ Milos Teodosic/ Rudy Fernadez
    PG) Goran Dragic/ Ricky Rubio

This looks more like a team with at least a decent chance of winning..(Or at least losing by single digits)

I don't have too much time right now, but: Valanciunas as PF?? No! Plus, as of today, he doesn't belong to an All-Europe team IMHO. Kaimakogloy doesn't either I'm afraid. Rubio doesn't either, he's still 2 notches below Tony Parker. Wait, do you want a team based on players playing this WC??

Comment

If you can select Europeans playing in NBA or very top Level in euroleague then you can have chance to have a fight with them. Talking about only Europeans my pool for selections would be:

PG: Tony Parker - Goran Dragic - Beno Udrih - Ricky Rubio - Milos Teodosic
      SG: Marco Belinelli - Danilo Gallinari (SF) - Juan Carlos Navarro - Bogdan Bogdanovic - Vasilis Spanoulis -Rudy Fernandez
      SF: Nicolas Batum - Luol Deng - Andrei Kirilenko - Thabo Sefolosha - Jonas Maciulis
      PF: Dirk Nowitzki - Boris Diaw - Ersan Ilyasova - Serge Ibaka - Mirza Teletovic - Dario Saric - Linas Kleiza - Nemanja Bjelica
      C: Marc Gasol - Joakim Noah - Jonas Valanciunas - Nicola Pekovic - Nikola Vucevic - Pau Gasol - Omer Asik - Ante Tomic

edit: I forgot Joakim Noah
      Last edited by Efesdxb; 09-17-2014, 10:55 AM.
      Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post
        If you can select Europeans playing in NBA or very top Level in euroleague then you can have chance to have a fight with them. Talking about only Europeans my pool for selections would be:

SG: Marco Belinelli - Danilo Gallinari (SF) - Juan Carlos Navarro - Bogdan Bogdanovic - Vasilis Spanoulis -Rudy Fernandez
        SF: Nicolas Batum - Luol Deng - Andrei Kirilenko - Thabo Sefolosha - Jonas Maciulis
        PF: Dirk Nowitzki - Boris Diaw - Ersan Ilyasova - Serge Ibaka - Mirza Teletovic - Dario Saric - Linas Kleiza - Nemanja Bjelica
        C: Marc Gasol - Jonas Valanciunas - Nicola Pekovic - Nikola Vucevic - Pau Gasol - Omer Asik - Ante Tomic
        Nice thread and A nice list man! You can also add the great Dirk Nowitzki to that list.
        Ten candles stand burning in a dining room. A strong breeze blows
        in through an open window and extinguishes two of them. Checking
        back in on the candles later, you see that one more candle has gone
        out, you shut the window. Assuming the wind doesn't extinguish any
        more candles, how many candles do you have left in the end?

Comment

Ricky Rubio?lol hes such funny player he is worse than our Markovic a PG without a shoot -.-
          Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Manu with 37 is better than all this SG that you mentioned, I think all europe team is not enough.
            Old Profile: GustavoGanso (Since 2010)

Comment

I think an All Europe team would destroy this Team USA and any other Team USA that includes players who care more about their high school rankings and then their draft stock and then their contracts/endorsements than what really matters.

If the USA team was picked based on the best players for international basketball then I think USA would destroy them, but as we've seen with this current edition it's more about the bigger names than anything. When a guy like Blake Griffin is being selected for the team over more complete players, then you've got a serious problem when it comes to how you select your players.

Comment

Originally posted by GuTO View Post
                Manu with 37 is better than all this SG that you mentioned, I think all europe team is not enough.
                All "European" Team. Argentina is not part of Europe.
                Otherwise there are lot of players can be in this team...

Comment

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
                  I think an All Europe team would destroy this Team USA and any other Team USA that includes players who care more about their high school rankings and then their draft stock and then their contracts/endorsements than what really matters.

If the USA team was picked based on the best players for international basketball then I think USA would destroy them, but as we've seen with this current edition it's more about the bigger names than anything. When a guy like Blake Griffin is being selected for the team over more complete players, then you've got a serious problem when it comes to how you select your players.
                  I am very interested in knowing what players you would have selected for this team, excluding all the players that de-committed (Lebron, Durant, George, Love, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by NorCal View Post
                    I am very interested in knowing what players you would have selected for this team, excluding all the players that de-committed (Lebron, Durant, George, Love, etc.).
                    I'd keep the big men minus Plumlee. I'd replace Klay Thompson with Stephenson or maybe a former standout guard who needs to redeem himself and will be motivated like OJ Mayo. I'd keep Gay and add Thaddeus Young because they're the only two players left that didn't de-commit who can play the role of the wing who can block shots and play the 4. I'd replace Irving with Lowry or maybe have Irving serve as his backup. I'd probably keep Curry and definitely keep Rose and maybe DeRozan but I wouldn't keep Harden despite his talent because I don't think he's a leader or that his offense works well within a team. I would love to see Korver on the team as well but he can't play defense so he would be a liability.

Comment

Originally posted by Efesdxb View Post

C: Marc Gasol - Jonas Valanciunas - Nicola Pekovic - Nikola Vucevic - Pau Gasol - Omer Asik - Ante Tomic
                      Well, if you are adding players that didn't participate in this tournament, then USA gets to add LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Paul George, Kevin Love, Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, LaMarcus Aldridge, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BMD Prime View Post
                        Well, if you are adding players that didn't participate in this tournament, then USA gets to add LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Paul George, Kevin Love, Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, LaMarcus Aldridge, etc.
                        As I understood from thread Best European vs Best USA...

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieJB View Post
                          I don't have too much time right now, but: Valanciunas as PF?? No! Plus, as of today, he doesn't belong to an All-Europe team IMHO. Kaimakogloy doesn't either I'm afraid. Rubio doesn't either, he's still 2 notches below Tony Parker. Wait, do you want a team based on players playing this WC??
                          Uhm Valanciunas was the fifth player in the whole tournament in efficiency , first in FG% and 8th in rebound, And carried a Lithuania without PG to top 4. Why wouldnt he be part of All-European team?

Comment

I think you can create a few European rosters than can do the damage for team USA.

If you could make a roster out of two or three strong countries you can do the damage as well.

Take France and Spain.

Marc Gasol, Joakim Noah, Serge Ibaka
                            Pau Gasol, Boris Diaw
                            Nicolas Batum, Rudy Fernandez
                            Juan Carlos Navarro, Sergio Rodriguez
                            Tony Parker, Jose Calderon, Ricky Rubio

Pretty tough team to beat.
                            PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

My Best European Team will be:

PG: Tony Parker, Goran Dragic, Milos Teodosic
                              SG: Danilo Gallinari, Rudy Fernandez
                              SF: Nicolas Batum, Luol Deng
                              PF: Dirk Nowitzki, Serge Ibaka
                              C: Marc Gasol, Joakim Noah, Pau Gasol

3 French
                              4 Spanish
                              1 German
                              1 Italian
                              1 Serbian