Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 years of break is too much? and what about olympics with only 12 teams? and refs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 years of break is too much? and what about olympics with only 12 teams? and refs?

Next WC will be in 2019, is that right?

5 years of break is a big joke to me, players are not forever, five years count for much in the career of an athlete. This will cost deprive us of watching big players who will probably be retired until there!

one of this things need to be changed, WC in 3 of 3 years, or Olympics with at least 16 teams, we want to watch our players playing with national team, and these FIBAs formats severely restrict it.

refs must have a firm hand, Spain is a great team, but the benefits from refs are clear, refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players.

FIBA need help to lovers of basketball, improve the visibility of the sport.
    Old Profile: GustavoGanso (Since 2010)

On the contrary, players don't show up if there is a big tournament every year. True lovers of basketball want to see the best matching up against each other. And besides, there are also continental championships. In Europe that's a bid deal because there are many strong teams. As for latin America, I am sure this will improve that competition as well.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by GuTO View Post
      Next WC will be in 2019, is that right?

5 years of break is a big joke to me, players are not forever, five years count for much in the career of an athlete. This will cost deprive us of watching big players who will probably be retired until there!

one of this things need to be changed, WC in 3 of 3 years, or Olympics with at least 16 teams, we want to watch our players playing with national team, and these FIBAs formats severely restrict it.

refs must have a firm hand, Spain is a great team, but the benefits from refs are clear, refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players.

FIBA need help to lovers of basketball, improve the visibility of the sport.
      This is the first (and hopefully) the last time it will be a 5 year break. It will go back to 4 year breaks (2023/2027...). It's a 5 year break as Basketball World Championship is held in the same year as FIFA World Cup, so they can separate this two.
      Also, Eurobasket from 2017. will be held every 4 years. So now it will be 2017 Eurobasket (maybe FIBA AMericas, Asian, African will adjust to this timeframe being held every 4 years from 2017.), 2018 qualif. for WC, 2019 WC, 2020 Olympics, that's how a 4 year period will look like from 2017. I actually like it like this, players get one year to rest and won't have to answer to NT calls every year (as not all will play qualifications or Olympics). Also Eurobasket (and similar competitions) becomes more prestigious/competitive as it is now every 4 years.

About extending Olympics to 16 teams I couldn't agree more (as I already mentioned it couple days ago).

Comment

Originally posted by Milos.Djuric View Post
        This is the first (and hopefully) the last time it will be a 5 year break. It will go back to 4 year breaks (2023/2027...). It's a 5 year break as Basketball World Championship is held in the same year as FIFA World Cup, so they can separate this two.
        Also, Eurobasket from 2017. will be held every 4 years. So now it will be 2017 Eurobasket (maybe FIBA AMericas, Asian, African will adjust to this timeframe being held every 4 years from 2017.), 2018 qualif. for WC, 2019 WC, 2020 Olympics, that's how a 4 year period will look like from 2017. I actually like it like this, players get one year to rest and won't have to answer to NT calls every year (as not all will play qualifications or Olympics). Also Eurobasket (and similar competitions) becomes more prestigious/competitive as it is now every 4 years.

About extending Olympics to 16 teams I couldn't agree more (as I already mentioned it couple days ago).
        Yeah, thats the point.
        Old Profile: GustavoGanso (Since 2010)

Comment

FIBA doesn't restrict the Olympics to 12 teams the IOC does. FIBA wants it to be 16.
          Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information