No announcement yet.

2015 Greek Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that this year we are going to have the best possible greek roster (minus DD). Also, I'd rather have a 3rd Center in case of injury rather than Mantzaris, despite he's a player with more quality than all the available "C" position candidates.
    Euroleague IBN Game Champion 2007-2008
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009

"And then comes Panathinaikos and their young center, Pekovic. He hit me once and it was like getting hit by a train.
    He's a big boy. I said to him, "How much you weigh?" and he said, "Too much".

And he was right."

Ricardo Greer, Nancy

Comment

the 3rd center isn't such a big problem because Kaimakoglou can easily give his body for some minutes if needed (with Papanikolaou/Adetokounbo/Calathes/Mantzaris for a very great team and man on man defense for exemple).
      the previous years, Bouroussis was the only "reliable" center and he played a lot. This year with Koufos, they can share the minutes and Katsikaris could use a small ball when it's possible.
      Agravanis or Sarikopoulos in the team instead of Mantzaris would be something crazy, an absolute nonsense ! He'e such a great player, defender, smart... He's the player (with Calathes) that will make Spanoulis better. I really hope he'll be in the team and take some minutes to Zisis.

I would like to see the minutes shared like this +/- in a do or die game:

Mantzaris (15) - Calathes (20) - Zisis (5)
      Spanoulis (25) - Sloukas (15)
      Papa (22)- Giannis (18) - Perpe (the charming guy that will not ruin the locker room^^)
      Kaimak (20) - Printezis (20)
      Bouroussis (20) - Koufos (20)

All the SF can play at PF, so the versatily of the team if its force. With Spanoulis, the team has the offense threat they missed last year and Koufos is sure a better player now. In the same time, team chemistry, Span-Zisis-Bouroussis "connection", long range shooting, defense at C position could be some of the weaknesses we have to deal with.
      Last edited by achelim niabass; 07-24-2015, 10:10 PM.

Comment

How come no one ever mentions thanasis for the NT? At least to bring to training camp...

Comment

Originally posted by sime0n View Post
          How come no one ever mentions thanasis for the NT? At least to bring to training camp...
          Probably because he didn't have any play time in either a NBA or a Euroleague team. He is a good player though, and surely a safe bet for being in the NT in the years to come.
          Euroleague IBN Game Champion 2007-2008
          2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009

"And then comes Panathinaikos and their young center, Pekovic. He hit me once and it was like getting hit by a train.
          He's a big boy. I said to him, "How much you weigh?" and he said, "Too much".

And he was right."

Ricardo Greer, Nancy

Comment

Some interesting stats from last summer's WC for the Greek NT:
            Zisis 5.4 assist to turnover ratio vs. Calathes 1 as/to ratio
            Bourousis with the best +/- on the team at 12.7 (shows our problem at backup C). Zisis 2nd best at 9.7. Calathes and Papanikolaou next with 5.8 each.
            Kaimakoglou had a good tournament with PIR average of 14.8.
            Zisis had an astronomical 53% 3-pt percentage. Sloukas even better at 57% and Kaimakoglou at 53%. Papanikolaou was at 9%.
            Antetokounmpo only played 16 mpg, only 2 mpg more than Vasileiadis. Mantzaris only played 7 mpg. Bourousis played 26.5 mpg, too much for him. His mpg will be reduced now that Koufos is on the team. Zisis played 24.6 mpg - his mpg will go down now that Spanoulis is back.

I would like to see the following mpg at Eurobasket:
            Calathes 22, Zisis 14, Mantzaris 8
            Spanoulis 22, Sloukas 14
            Papanikolaou 16, Perperoglou 10
            Antetokounmpo 22, Printezis 20, Kaimakoglou 16
            Koufos 22, Bourousis 14

With Antetokounmpo or Kaimakoglou getting some minutes at SF and the team playing with a 2 PF line-up at times. We are loaded at the PF position and somewhat weak at the SF position.

Comment

Athinaiou added to the training camp roster because Spanoulis is following a solo training program at the moment.
              Το ατομικό πρόγραμμα προπόνησης που θα ακολουθήσει τις πρώτες μέρες της προετοιμασίας ο Βασίλης Σπανούλης, υποχρέωσε τον Φώτη Κατσικάρη να καλέσει τον Γιάννη Αθηναίου εκτάκτως στην Εθνική ομάδα.

Comment

Koufous is a great C in fiba competition IMO,one of the best sure,then he has very high basketball IQ!

France is most phsical than Greece but like bench deep,experience and talented players i'm not sure that France are better!

France bench: Heurtel- De Colo-Gelabale-Tillie-Ajinca
                Greece bench: Zisis-Sloukas-Perperoglu-Printezis-Bouroussis

like back court maybe France is better,but like frontocurt Greece is better

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
                  France bench: Heurtel- De Colo-Gelabale-Tillie-Ajinca
                  where are Fournier and Lauverne?

Comment

Originally posted by papalouki-louk View Post
                    where are Fournier and Lauverne?
                    Fournier in starting 5 IMO,Lauvergne will be 3rd C!

Comment

Originally posted by Psofimis View Post
                      Great roster overall. If we had a Big Sofo at his prime it would have been great though.
                      I agree! It's a pitty that the 2006 Sofo is missing and that the 2015 Sofo is a former basketball player.
                      You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

I pray to God that my new hero Zisis not injured.
                        My anticipation for him in Bamberg is huge
                        BROSE BAMBERG
                        Manager : Leo de Rycke
                        Coach : Roel Moors (New )

Guards : LEE /
                        K.Taylor / Font / Stuckey /Weidemann
                        Forwards : McLean / B.Taylor / Olinde /
                        Bigs : Clarke / Marei / Sengfelder / Harris

www.telekombasketball.de/news/bamberg-wie-im-rausch-hinter-den-kulissen-des-8-titels/1281"
                        youtube.com/watch?v=vIoybUM6HIw / min 0,44 FREAKS

Comment

Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
                          I agree! It's a pitty that the 2006 Sofo is missing and that the 2015 Sofo is a former basketball player.
                          Well when you are constantly battling through chronic weight problems throughout your career this will eventually get the most out of you... Even though he's just 30 his best years are way behind him...

Comment

Somewhere I read that this years preparation will be different form the years before. There will be no preparation phase in Kapernisi where main focus is physical condition. Instead special effort will be invested in team building measures. I am wondering what the impact will be
                            You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

Does anyone know whether the game versus Belgium will be broadcasted somewhere? So far I can't find anything on it.
                              PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

I think those fans that haven't paid particular attention to Milwaukee Bucks last year will be surprised by the variety Antetokoumpo can bring to a team

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information