No announcement yet.

Is basketball declining as a sport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Straight Forward, vast majority of euro NBA players are centers/PF's. There is a limited pool of those in the US and they are importing them accordingly, however very few guards make it. It's a no big deal to raise a center/PF, it mostly depends on the quantity of those you have available and the ammount of them playing bball. If you are 210cm tall or more you're being taken care of ussualy. Sure good training plays a noticable role, but raising a good 7 footer is a whole different thing than guards, which are a much better indicator of a bball popularity overall - along with other stuff needed to develop those, but the ammount of guards playing bball is decisive as you need a whole lot more of them playing bball for one of them to make it compared to 210cm+ guys.
    Bogdanović, Hezonja, Parker, Fournier, Batum, Belinelli, Dragič, Udrih, Vujačič, Rubio, Calderon, Schroeder, Antetokoumpo, Sefolosha
    With Calathes, Gordon, Deng that were basicaly raised in the US, that's mere 17 players playing or expected to play some noticable role in the NBA on PG, SG, SF out of about 180 guards on NBA rosters
    With Nurkić, Teletović, Ajinca, Diaw, Gobert, Lauvergne, Mahinmi, Noah, Seraphin, Turiaf, Pachulia, Nowitzki, Pleiss, Koufos, Bargnani, Galinari, Motiejunas, Valanciunas, Peković, Vučević, Gortat, Mozgov, Bjelica, Marc, Pau, Ibaka, Mirotić, Jerebko, Aldemir, Asik, Ilyasova, Kanter, Turkoglu, Len =34 PF or C's and probably most of those get to top100 C&PF's in NBA as far as their level goes

NBA has opened up, that's it, however considering the talent coming up in the recent years, while it might be tough to say that level is regressing it's quite obvious it's not much of an improvement either. Those 75-83' born (there somewhere) players made a tremendous leap in terms of quality compared to NBA, it was the Jordan/Magic/Bird effect to a large degree, however since 2001 when Kirilenko, Pau and Parker entere the league along with Nowitzki, Manu, the gap kind of stalled and stopped decreasing, occasionaly quite the opposite and even from todays players I don't think any of those is likely to become some superstar there, to me it seems more like the US has further improved in quality (due to increased popularity) and Europe is kind of at the same level (at best) as in 2000-2005
    Let's wait and see how these players will pan out as well as how some promising 97' and 99' born will fare,
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

As much as I know basketball is actually in rise as a sport. But it's at the top of the hill right now if you know what I mean.Nox VidMate Mobdro

Comment

Basketball is rising in popularity worldwide. I think it might be the 2nd most played sports, especially if you include youths.

Theres leagues growing everywhere. Even thailand/vietnam has their own pro bball league now.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information