45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

26 57.78%
  • Turkey

19 42.22%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarterfinals: Lithuania - Turkey

Default Quarterfinals: Lithuania - Turkey

The fist QF of the tournament, Tuesday 5 pm CET.

When Turkish coach Ataman said "we are gonna meet again in semi-finals" after the US game, I had thought to myself "what a ridiculous statement". Now, it doesn't seem that impossible .

Historically Lithuania must have a big win margin over Turkey, however the current team did not look that intimidating, even though they still have the edge. Turkey has already overachieved, but I'm sure they are optimistic about this match-up.

Who is gonna win?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Toss up, neither team looked all that impressive against the Oceania sides. Leaning Lithuania but nothing would surprise me.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

I would go for Lithuania on this one. The reason is that neither teams were impressive, but I think Lithuania have some more in them which didn't come out yet. The fact that they under-performed a bit, gives them less pressure.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Lithuania has an edge, but I say Turkey takes it again.

Lith got this

LTU has good defense, TUR has no offense. So LTU wins
    4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Let be fair this 1/4 its the the weakest one.Both teams didnt play well so far and most likely they wont and the winner of this most likely end up 4th....If you check other 1/4 those teams are better in almost all criterias. But still both of this teams fought hard and in their own right belongs here.Loosing Kalnietis 3 days before start hurt our offence badly,1,5 months we were preparing playing with him and suddenly we lost the main player its impossible that this woulnt affect our team.But i have to give my team credit no matter what they were fighting,we were playing really good defence that allow us to be here.Turkey too they are not most tallented team but they were fighting and saving 3 almost lost games with their limited offencem abilities and again really good defence.Defence wins championship not offence this statement was true and will be forever.Until you play defence you will have a chance and this two teams proved that again.

Turkey coach says that they achieve already what they wanted and now all presure in On Lithuania.Maybe he is right,but i will say this if my team somehow will find a way to win this one i would say this: kazlauskas second year in arrow made max of what we could.WE will see.

Good luck for both teams,this gonna be defensive battle,the one who will find more offence should win this one in the end.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 09-08-2014 at 06:41 AM.

Its the weakest pair of Quarterfinals sadly. Its a toss up match. neither team is that strong so either could win this one. Lith have slightly better defence though so it may be a decisive factor, but lithuania also have incapable guards so the game could end with turkey just throwing fast breaks after lithuanian guards just turn it over again and again.

Without going into much details, seems like a 50/50 match. Since Turkey handles the critical parts of the game and crunch times better under pressure, I would give slight edge to Turkey.

Despite poor guards, i think Lithuania still has a better team, but that should be an equal game, plus Turkey is on fire after last game

Well it'll be a fight against bigs inside. It'll be intense there and i hope Ömer with our other bigs can deliver this toughness, Ömer i've watched against Australia is not something we can cover up if we want to reach semis.

I don't know about Jasaitis situation if he's hurt that's good for our forwards.

It's a 50-50 good hard fought defensive minded teams. I'm just happy we've reached to quarter finals and will be able to watch one more competitive basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by ataman5 View Post
    Well it'll be a fight against bigs inside. It'll be intense there and i hope Ömer with our other bigs can deliver this toughness, Ömer i've watched against Australia is not something we can cover up if we want to reach semis.
    After the game, Ataman said Omer Asik was a bit sick and did not join the last training with the team prior to the game, and it was simply a bad day for him... I think Baynes, Bairstow and other Australian bigs also wore him down a lot... This will probably happen again with JV, Bros, etc, thus he will need support. Savas and Aldemir did not look good, but the latter especially can give some physical challenge to Lithuania bigs.

The game is 60-40 for Lithuania, imho...
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

I believe that this time will be easy win for Turkey..

i voted Lithuania ... we did great job but thats it i think...

Lithuania will win
    IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
    Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
    Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
    Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
    Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Reaching quarter final was my expectation and we did it.
    I don't care we win or lose. If we win it is fantastic. If we lose it is ok.
    I voted for Turkey just because I am Turkish, not any valid ground.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

we're gonna lose so bad, maybe 20 maybe 30, our terrible team will choke, we don't have the slightest chance
    la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

So what if its the weakest QF? No one will remember the draws and the competition system. If you can get in the top 4, then that's all history will remember. The only thing I feel sorry for is that the US has not been tested in this tournament. This, to me, is the greatest failure of this tournament. And a loss for basketball.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

A Milli Basketbol Takımı’nda Başantrenör Ergin Ataman, “Ben yüzde 100 kazanacağımıza inanıyorum. Çünkü takımın o direnci var” dedi.
    Ergin Ataman said he believes that Turkey will this against Lithuania % 100 . Because team that have resistance.

This Turkish team never gives up and game after game they are just managing to get those crucial wins... Lithuania has to play better than how they did against New Zealand in second round if they want to make it to the semis..

Of course had Kalnietis not been injured and playing with the Lithuanian NT we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast