44. You may not vote on this poll
  • France

11 25.00%
  • Spain

33 75.00%
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarterfinals: France - Spain

Default Quarterfinals: France - Spain

Spain is rolling full steam ahead, France is hanging on in the tournament, but I have a feeling Spanish are not comfortable with this match-up, they'd have preferred Croatia. Any chance of repeating 2013 Eurobasket semis for France?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Good luck to France, but I really can't see them having any appreciable chances to beat Spain

Yesterday the France - Croatia game was horrible. France should improve his level if they want to beat Spain.

france, ofcourse

Spain has been on a rampage... I hope France can keep it close...

Lauvergne and Gobert won't be able to handle the Gasol bros. Although the French commentator yesterday said that Gobert had the most blocks per minute in the NBA last season. Maybe I misheard that. Anyway, he might need to play more against ESP. Batum will have to step up big time too.
    Last edited by christodoulou76; 09-07-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    Lauvergne and Gobert won't be able to handle the Gasol bros. Although the French commentator yesterday said that Gobert had the most blocks per minute in the NBA last season. Maybe I misheard that. Anyway, he might need to play more against ESP. Batum will have to step up big time too.
    Highest block/playing time ratio actually.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieJB View Post
    Highest block/playing time ratio actually.
    That's the same thing as what I said. Here is the stat.

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    That's the same thing as what I said. Here is the stat.
    I overlooked your "per minute", that's why... I was surprised you could imagine he really was the best overall blocker in the NBA...!!

Edit: now, this kind of statistics is a bit misleading, as obviously the correlation between playing time and blocks made is not linear... It's certainly not bad, but nothing to go crazy about...

gobert looked like amateur vs tomic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ananasas View Post
    Good luck to France, but I really can't see them having any appreciable chances to beat Spain
    i agree they just don't have enough offense. you can't beat this spanish team in the 60's or even the 70's. they need to score close to 90 and they don't have those capabilities.

Even if France had Parker with them I'd struggle to them having a realistic chance on Spain's home court. If they can keep it under 15 I think it would be a good effort.
    Pistons: 2018-2019 In the middle of nowhere

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Quote Originally Posted by miloje View Post
    gobert looked like amateur vs tomic.
    Gobert has looked like amateur against every opposing center. But Lauvergne couldn't handle Tomic either. As I said, France will have a huge problem with the Gasol bros.

Imo no chance for France... Spain won't win by 24 like in the first round but I think they will still win by around 12-15 point difference

What will happen with a high degree of probability:

- The home crowd will cheer for their team
    - The referees will make some bad call in favour of the home team
    - Spain will play hard and try its best to deny its rival any chance to get closer, regardless of the score
    - At some moment, the losing team will try to rough it up, someone will take exception and start a fight
    - Rudy somehow will be involved in that fight
    - In spite of the game's result, haters will say all of the above makes them lose respect for Spain, while at the same time will praise their team of choice for displaying some of those very same characteristics

Come on... Does all the Spanish players need to whine to the referees all the time?
    Do they have to rough it up in most games? It is usually NOT the opponent who do the roughing up.
    This does not happen by coincidence...Spain chooses to get the game to this point.
    Even you writing this post...means that you expect Spain to do it, and I dont blame you.
    Just do not expect us to believe the spanish players are saints

Quote Originally Posted by Cuneyt View Post
    Nothing further from my mind. All I'm saying is they do exactly as the rest. When I see someone playing at this level who doesn't accept a bad call in his favour, I'll change my opinion.

By the way, please educate me on how a team playing an uptempo, offensive game, currently 10+ points up, benefits from dragging the game down with hard fouls, protests and fights.

Come on... Does all the Spanish players need to whine to the referees all the time?
    Do they have to rough it up in most games? It is usually NOT the opponent who do the roughing up.
    This does not happen by coincidence...Spain chooses to get the game to this point.
    Even you writing this post...means that you expect Spain to do it, and I dont blame you.
    Actually 100% of non-real madrid fans hate rudy and msot of real madrid fans think rudy is a dumb.
    BARÇA O MUERTE

The home team will win, not just because they play home.
    4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Im tired of explaining they dont whine, its just our spanish way to express our emotions, thats how every spanish are. We tend to gesticulate toooooo much. If surprised, open my eyes, if puzzled, shake my head and put a weird face expression.

Its easy to understand, I think. Thats how we are, and I like it
    GASOLDEPENDENCE.... I love it

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast