Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurobasket 2015. qualies

started today..

Russia is currently losing 54-37 to Switzerland midway through the third quarter..
    Swiss made 16-0 run to open the third quarter.
    can we already say that Russia won't qualify for eurobasket 2015.?

edit: 66-47 swiss lead at the end of third
    considering only first team from each group qualifies and 5 second best teams as well russians will have hard time qualifying eventhough qualifications only started..
    Last edited by Picek; 08-10-2014, 03:35 PM.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Since they're playing both home and away games, I find it hard to believe that defeat alone would kick them out of the 15' eurobasket. They entered the 4th quarter with 2-14 run now and aren't all that far away anymore.

7 groups, of course all 7 1st placed teams will go through, 6 best 2nd placed teams will join them. Best 2nd placed teams will be determined without their results against the teams that will end up 4th placed and that could be a problem for Russia in case they lose as I don't think there would likely be all that many 2nd placed teams with a defeat against the 3rd placed.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

at the end they lost 79-77 eventhough they made a comeback in the final quarter..
      but not once they were the ones with the lead in the fourth..
      they had a chance for it but missed..
      anyway, as you said it's 6 and not 5 second place teams who will also qualify..
      but if russians don't beat italy both home and away they will be with 2-3 record at best (if they atleast beat italy in russia).
      btw. their last game in the group is @ Italy..
      beware..

edit: Georgia beat Czech Republic..
      Czech were keeping it close for most of the game and when Pachulia had to go to the bench because of 4 fouls early in the fourth rest of Geogian team took over..
      Last edited by Picek; 08-10-2014, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Montenegro beat Israel 100-97 in OT.

Great game for Rochestie (17 pts, 9 ass) and Casspi (28 pts, 10 reb)

Comment

seems like noone cares about those games.Almost none of those small countries "stars" bother to show up anymore.And i'm not talkin only about NBA players.I see no Gavel for Slovakia,no Hanga for Hungary,no Stefansson for Iceland,no Gortat/Lambe for Poland,no Pleiss for Germany,none of GBs or Sweden's good players.About Russia,i wont be surprised if in a few years they'll be on current Poland or Bulgaria level.They just dont produce good players anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
            seems like noone cares about those games.Almost none of those small countries "stars" bother to show up anymore.And i'm not talkin only about NBA players.I see no Gavel for Slovakia,no Hanga for Hungary,no Stefansson for Iceland,no Gortat/Lambe for Poland,no Pleiss for Germany,none of GBs or Sweden's good players.About Russia,i wont be surprised if in a few years they'll be on current Poland or Bulgaria level.They just dont produce good players anymore.
            NBA players rarely come to play for their NT in qualification games, there is only few of them left which come regulary for their NT and when they come they get superstar calls.For example, Casspi tonight got Lebron treatment from refs and got 13 fouls called for him, most of them was simple touch fouls.If it wasn't for him and his floping game would be over in regular time.

Comment

What is going to happen with Ukraine? They lost the organization, are they going to play on the Championship w/out playing qualifiers? If not they should be added to Group A with Bosnia, GB and Iceland.
              4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Martin View Post
                What is going to happen with Ukraine? They lost the organization, are they going to play on the Championship w/out playing qualifiers? If not they should be added to Group A with Bosnia, GB and Iceland.
                they qualified for WC..
                so even if EC would be played on Mars they would be there because of the fact they are playing on WC.

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
                Teletović is here for instance.
                team GB had problems getting their best even for London olympics.
                because of FIBA enlarging number of teams for EC, most of the teams are using this qualifications to try others as well..
                but in some cases (Russia) it got a bit more out of their hands.. but i guess with them there are other reasons as well..
                most of the big teams will qualify for EC regardless if Pleiss, Lampe or anyone else is playing for them.
                and small team can make a surprise or two with or without their stars (Iceland beating GB without Stefansson) but at the end they won't make it all the way..
                Last edited by Picek; 08-11-2014, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nothing to lose View Post
                  NBA players rarely come to play for their NT in qualification games, there is only few of them left which come regulary for their NT and when they come they get superstar calls.For example, Casspi tonight got Lebron treatment from refs and got 13 fouls called for him, most of them was simple touch fouls.If it wasn't for him and his floping game would be over in regular time.
                  I don't think Casspi got "superstar calls".

He got 13 calls because he played 42 minutes, was the center of Israel offence and played most of the time close to the basket.

Of course maybe 2-3 calls were in question, but a lot of the calls in the game were in question.

(for example, the crucial unsportsmanlike foul against D'or Fisher, less than a minute to the end).

Anyway, congrats to Montenegro for a great effort and great spirit.

I actually enjoyed both teams offence.

Like i said previous times this year at the Euroleague forum, I can't believe Rochestie isn't playing at euroleague club.

His Pick'n'roll game is fantastic, and he is a winner with big balls.

Comment

Originally posted by ran222 View Post
                    I don't think Casspi got "superstar calls".

He got 13 calls because he played 42 minutes, was the center of Israel offence and played most of the time close to the basket.

Of course maybe 2-3 calls were in question, but a lot of the calls in the game were in question.

(for example, the crucial unsportsmanlike foul against D'or Fisher, less than a minute to the end).

Anyway, congrats to Montenegro for a great effort and great spirit.

I actually enjoyed both teams offence.

Like i said previous times this year at the Euroleague forum, I can't believe Rochestie isn't playing at euroleague club.

His Pick'n'roll game is fantastic, and he is a winner with big balls.
                    Actually he is playing for EL team Nizhny Novgorod which is in group A with Real,Efes,Zalgiris and Sassari.He is a nice player but what surprised me at Israel was their atrocious interior defense, we played before and i dont remember being that bad.Our guards attacked the paint at will, and our big men scored a lot of points in the paint.As soon that gets better Israel becomes much better team defensively.Frankly i didnt expected us to win because of our crippled roster but i am glad we got this win.

I cant believe Netherlands actually won vs Bulgaria because i was sure they would end up winless in this group.Anyway, best of luck in next 2 games, see you in Podgorica.
                    Last edited by Nothing to lose; 08-11-2014, 09:45 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Nothing to lose View Post
                      Actually he is playing for EL team Nizhny Novgorod which is in group A with Real,Efes,Zalgiris and Sassari.He is a nice player but what surprised me at Israel was their atrocious interior defense, we played before and i dont remember being that bad.Our guards attacked the paint at will, and our big men scored a lot of points in the paint.As soon that gets better Israel becomes much better team defensively.Frankly i didnt expected us to win because of our crippled roster but i am glad we got this win.

I cant believe Netherlands actually won vs Bulgaria because i was sure they would end up winless in this group.Anyway, best of luck in next 2 games, see you in Podgorica.
                      I totally forgot Nizhny will play in the Euroleague this year...

I agree about Israel defense.

Fisher isn't in great shape, and he needs to be more coordinate with the other guys (he didn't play in the last 3 preperations games) especially in the pick'n'roll defense that was emberassing.

and i don't wanna talk about the player i truely HATE which is Lior Eliyahu.

The guy is the worst defender i saw in my life, when you take into account his lengh and athleticism.

can't rebound, can't play man to man D, can't play zone D.

Montenegro showed it could be a serious dark horse at any European competition.

When you add Pek and Vucevic - you get an exciting team (and maybe the best frontcourt in Europe).

Comment

Originally posted by ran222 View Post
                        I totally forgot Nizhny will play in the Euroleague this year...

I agree about Israel defense.

Fisher isn't in great shape, and he needs to be more coordinate with the other guys (he didn't play in the last 3 preperations games) especially in the pick'n'roll defense that was emberassing.

and i don't wanna talk about the player i truely HATE which is Lior Eliyahu.

The guy is the worst defender i saw in my life, when you take into account his lengh and athleticism.

can't rebound, can't play man to man D, can't play zone D.

Montenegro showed it could be a serious dark horse at any European competition.

When you add Pek and Vucevic - you get an exciting team (and maybe the best frontcourt in Europe).
                        Pek and Vucevic are how do you call it well in serbia when they play we call it "kurcobolja" and in english it would be they dont give a fu*k xD
                        Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                          they qualified for WC..
                          so even if EC would be played on Mars they would be there because of the fact they are playing on WC.
                          I have short memory
                          4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Comment

Let's see what comedy the Russian's bring tonight against Italy

Comment

Originally posted by each way View Post
                              Let's see what comedy the Russian's bring tonight against Italy
                              One of the worst games ever watched...

Italy somehow managed to win thanks to Alessandro Gentile (unstoppable on offense in the 4th quarter) and Marco Cusin (great defense with 7 rebs and 4 blocks)...

I think this group is almost decided, with Italy 1st... Switzerland will miss Capela so Russia can come back as 2nd (but i don't know if it will be enough to qualify).

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information