No announcement yet.

2014 U16 European Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spain will qualify with 1 win and 4 blowouts..those great fiba europe competition systems.It was better and more fair when only the top 2 of each group made the semis.

Comment

Spain in fact qualifies thnx to the three-way tie.

QF will be:

Serbia-Spain
      Turkey-Italy
      Germany-Latvia
      France-Bosnia

Comment

Originally posted by carlo View Post
        Spain in fact qualifies thnx to the three-way tie.

QF will be:

Serbia-Spain
        Turkey-Italy
        Germany-Latvia
        France-Bosnia
        I like Serbia, Turkey, Germany and France to advance.

Comment

Serbia upset by Spain 78-64, in a repeat of 2013 U16 tournament (undefeated Croatia eliminated by barely qualified Spain). For Serbian team Aranitovic had an awesome game, but was too alone (four Serbian players with zero points). Spain was indeed the better team today.

Much improved Turkey eliminated Italy, despite a strong comeback of Italian team in Q3, after a nightmare 1st half.

France confirms as the only undefeated team.

Comment

What about the semifinals? Who should Turkey play against? Hope it's Spain

PS Now I saw it's France - Turkey and Spain - Latvia.
            So the final is France against Latvia. Al thought I would really like Turkey to make it 3/3 in youth competitions this summer.
            Last edited by SaliH; 08-28-2014, 08:11 PM.
            Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
            Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Comment

Originally posted by SaliH View Post
              What about the semifinals? Who should Turkey play against? Hope it's Spain

PS Now I saw it's France - Turkey and Spain - Latvia.
              So the final is France against Latvia. Al thought I would really like Turkey to make it 3/3 in youth competitions this summer.
              In fact France-Turkey looks like a true final, imo both are currently the best teams.

Comment

In the u20 and u18 tournaments at the semifinals Turkey played against the best performing teams at the competition.

PS Where can we watch the games?

Comment

Originally posted by SaliH View Post
                  In the u20 and u18 tournaments at the semifinals Turkey played against the best performing teams at the competition.

PS Where can we watch the games?
                  This generation is beyond the expectations, hands down. They are coached very well, plays unselfishly. Hopefully we have great players in 00' - 01' borns and i cant wait to see them to be combined with 99' borns of this team. The future looks good for Turkish National Team finally.

Comment

Originally posted by gockun View Post
                    This generation is beyond the expectations, hands down. They are coached very well, plays unselfishly. Hopefully we have great players in 00' - 01' borns and i cant wait to see them to be combined with 99' borns of this team. The future looks good for Turkish National Team finally.

Although its very early to say, it looks like the 2000 and 2001 generations are just as good as the previous generations.
                    There are some extremely talented players like Mert Konuk, Eray Akyüz, Emircan Ilyasoglu, Efe Yurtlu, Ege Cem Sun etc.

Here for example some footage of 2001 born Ömercan Ilyasoglu

And beside those there certainly will be some late bloomers as well.
                    1999 is very talented as well with Onuralp Bitim, Cagatay Afsar, Enis sipahi, Muhaymin Mustafa etc. I can't wait to see all these youngsters in action in a few years.
                    The future of turkish basketball really does look extremely bright.

Especially because the archievements this year aren't the result of a random golden generation like the one with hedo, Okur and omer asik, ilyasova etc.
                    No the whole youth development system in turkey changed and from generation 1995 onwards, every single generation is among the best in europe. It won't take another decade or so for the next wave of great players like before.

Comment

• That little guy Ilyasoglu looks good. He's got a feel for the game, knows how to pass the ball. I'm impressed!

Comment

• The final will be Latvia-France.

French team is the only undefeated and has shown a remakable continuity so far, Latvia is the host team and has improved in the last games.

Comment

• France wins a well deserved title beating Latvia 78-53.

Great game of French center Killian Tillie, named MVP.

France finished unbeaten in the tournament, winning always by double digits, closest game was with Germany (+11).

Comment

• Was right about us...Still believe Kotrulja with years will be better and better and there are few decent other prospects. My prays are for Kalajzic. We need desperatly some PG's who can play pro level
                            Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information