Klaipeda NEPTŪNAS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klaipeda NEPTŪNAS Thread

It is official - Klaipeda NEPTŪNAS will be representing Lithuania in Euroleague.
    Predicted budget - 2m Euros.If that..
    Predicted number of victories in the tournament(by me) - 1.
    Anyways, this team might go even higher at the local front, why not,with budget increase.Lets just hope that they wont overspent stupidly with whatever they will have and can stay within the budget.Because they will have to be smart - them damn agents already jacking up prices for Mazeika and Runkauskas by publicly announcing numerous interests from foreign clubs i am not saying that they do not deserve a pay rise,especially as they have been playing for the team for a while.But..Within the reason,that's how it should be
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
    It is official - Klaipeda NEPTŪNAS will be representing Lithuania in Euroleague.
    Predicted budget - 2m Euros.If that..
    Predicted number of victories in the tournament(by me) - 1.
    Anyways, this team might go even higher at the local front, why not,with budget increase.Lets just hope that they wont overspent stupidly with whatever they will have and can stay within the budget.Because they will have to be smart - them damn agents already jacking up prices for Mazeika and Runkauskas by publicly announcing numerous interests from foreign clubs i am not saying that they do not deserve a pay rise,especially as they have been playing for the team for a while.But..Within the reason,that's how it should be
    It's good for Lith basketball. Hungry crowd in solid arena. Vilnius got spoiled with those Eurocups throphies. Rytas will have to win something big to get people back.

Other thing, I'm really looking forward what players Neptūnas will sign. They don't have a lot of money so I would like to see a lot of young guns who would see actual time in Euroleague. I would love to see Ulanovas staying, Čižauskas playing under Maksvytis (the head coach of "golden generation" where Vytenis shined), they could sign Marius Grigonis (I think he wants to stay in Spain though).
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      It's good for Lith basketball. Hungry crowd in solid arena. Vilnius got spoiled with those Eurocups throphies. Rytas will have to win something big to get people back.

Other thing, I'm really looking forward what players Neptūnas will sign. They don't have a lot of money so I would like to see a lot of young guns who would see actual time in Euroleague. I would love to see Ulanovas staying, Čižauskas playing under Maksvytis (the head coach of "golden generation" where Vytenis shined), they could sign Marius Grigonis (I think he wants to stay in Spain though).
      Yeah,that is interesting point of how they might approach next season - do they go for some big guns and try to impress Europe and then go down in a blazing glory and start all over again in 2015-16,or they could be more sensible and try to sign some youngsters for a longer contract and just hope for some buy outs afterwards.
      Lets just say that them 10 games in Euroleague that Neptunas can offer for players could be mightily attractive for some bb agency,let's just say Beobasket? Sounds familiar? As a matter of fact i think that's where lrytas lost their identity as a club.Let's hope that Neptunas wont get tricked into this kind of relationship.
      Lets talk about Grigonis now - would Spanish second division give him so much exposure? You can not earn that much moneys being 21 anyways,so it might just be sensible for him ,what,upgrade his game ,for less money that Spaniards can offer.
      Should Neptunas play VTB as well,in addition of 40 plus games in LKL,he should volunteer for this team. Just like that.

Comment

Lets talk about Grigonis now - would Spanish second division give him so much exposure? You can not earn that much moneys being 21 anyways,so it might just be sensible for him ,what,upgrade his game ,for less money that Spaniards can offer.
        Should Neptunas play VTB as well,in addition of 40 plus games in LKL,he should volunteer for this team. Just like that.
        I think Grigonis is up to some mediocre ACB team. I got such impression from following things about him. Second devision shouldn't be an option for him. He proved his value here being very young.
        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
        Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

I thinking Neptunas do well next year. I think roster:

C. Gaidikas, Gaidikas,
          PF. Kisielius, Sarkauskas, Cepukaitis
          SF. Siknius, Sinica, Veme
          SG. Mazeika, Runkelis, Girdziunas
          PG. Brazelton, Wasiliewski, Eitutovich

Comment

Originally posted by mazeikis View Post
            I thinking Neptunas do well next year. I think roster:

C. Gaidikas, Gaidikas,
            PF. Kisielius, Sarkauskas, Cepukaitis
            SF. Siknius, Sinica, Veme
            SG. Mazeika, Runkelis, Girdziunas
            PG. Brazelton, Wasiliewski, Eitutovich
            Good luck to all LKL teams. I hope Neptunas will do well, too. But why the hell did you put Polish players into the Neptunas roster? And why the hell did you put Gaidikas twice for centre? There has to be another centre besides Gaidikas. The rest of the roster is fine, but I don't know if Neptunas will win more games with Kazys Maksvytis using this roster.

Comment

So, D.Gailius signs with the team.I feel that as in last season, he went for opportunity rather than money.
              So he is steadily investing in himself and his overall market value will be much higher, come the end of December. Training with NT team, playing in Euroleague will probably benefit him much more in a long term financially than, for example, case where Runkauskas instead decided to go to and play in Romania.I know that Runkauskas is nearly 30, but just for the sake of argument, does anyone really knows the diferrence of what he would had and will be earning?
              Is it twice as much? Threefold? Five times more? I do not realy believe, but still....It could be a case of him just feeling under valued though, who knows.

Comment

So, D.Gailius signs with the team.I feel that as in last season, he went for opportunity rather than money.
                So he is steadily investing in himself and his overall market value will be much higher, come the end of December. Training with NT team, playing in Euroleague will probably benefit him much more in a long term financially than, for example, case where Runkauskas instead decided to go to and play in Romania.I know that Runkauskas is nearly 30, but just for the sake of argument, does anyone really knows the diferrence of what he would had and will be earning?
                Is it twice as much? Threefold? Five times more? I do not realy believe, but still....It could be a case of him just feeling under valued though, who knows.
                Good for Gailius. He has done everything right to make sure he's advancing up, instead of staying in one place or jumping too high too soon, as many prospective players have done. Runkauskas left, but is that a big loss to Neptunas? I don't know. All I know about Runkauskas is that he's a sniper. Did he add any more value to Neptunas besides shooting?

Neptunas' team looking decent next season. I don't think it's Euroleague-level team, though. For that they need at least one strong Euroleague-level player. Here's the roster so far:

C: Anisimovas, Galdikas, Sarakauskas
                PF: Zavackas, Vasylius, Dimsa (?)
                SF: Gailius, Butkevicius
                SG: Mazeika
                PG: Girdziunas

The team needs three more guards and one more forward/center. I think Vasiliauskas, Delininkaitis and Dulkys would have been the ideal choices for this growing team, but Dulkys already signed with an Italian team and Vasiliauskas extended his contract with a Polish team. I suppose Peciukevicius could cover the point guard hole, but his ability to quickly transition from Eurochallenge to Euroleague is questionable. Other than that, I supposed Neptunas could look to the European market for a couple of aspiring guards. For the forward position, Jogela could be considered. I liked his performance (fighting spirit, rebounding, scoring second chance opportunities, etc) on the reserve team.

Comment

For a team like Neptunas, Runkauskas loss of course is important thing. Decent shooter, clutch player. They'll have hard time to replace him. Maybe some US player will come instead, but with limited budget it's like lottery, whether you'll hit the jackpot or not, while you knew what you can expect from Runkauskas. Overall, this team looks far from EL level and I don't think those couple of new additions will lift them there, unless management will make some surprise signings, but I guess it's unlikely. Moreover looking at this roster, it lacks EL experience badly. Good team to fight for top places in LKL, might have good season in Eurocup later, if draw won't spoil it, but in EL I'm afraid that last season's Rytas' set worst ever record of Lith club with 1 win is in danger

Comment

Runkauskas mix/report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WidrJqcUGoo
                    Poor man's Navaro

Sarakauskas will return after New Year, according to "Dimsa is coming" article, or in November, according to Maksvytis interview to LKL.lt. Maksvytis confirmed that they are looking for post player (Dilys one of candidates)

Some internet comment section rumours: Louis Amundson, Jeremiah Massey; Chris Douglas-Roberts, Dionte Christmas. Doron Perkins, jeremy Chappell
                    The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

I'm raising this mutha(1) from the dead
                      (1)this thread is now gangsta rap, prepare your staccato

FIBA Champions League
                      Group C
                      ASVEL
                      EWE Baskets
                      PAOK
                      Neptunas
                      Rosa Radom
                      Ventspils
                      Usak vs AEK/Cluj
                      Winner of Benfica/Varese vs Szolnoki

Current Roster

C Jarai Grant
                      FC Vytautas Šarakauskas
                      SF Arvydas Šikšnius
                      SG Martynas Mažeika
                      PG Mindaugas Girdžiūnas
                      PG Laurynas Beliauskas

Interested in:
                      SF Arnas Butkevičius
                      CF Darjuš Lavrinovič
                      cG Tomas Delininkaitis
                      FC Tadas Klimavičius

Last edited by LuDux; 07-21-2016, 03:53 PM.

Comment

So ,Klaipeda bubble just burst open in most ordinary and casual way we ,Lithuanians , know - players misbehaving and getting sacked, GM accused of financial discrepancies and mixing personal interested with running the club .
                        Thankfully , financial situation is not that dire ,players can be replaced and life goes on .

Comment

Lets just hope that the Club can get back to winning ways.

Comment

Quite mysterious story. Or 3 seperate stories, nobody really knows outside Neptunas "kitchen". Could be 2. Were financial stuff reason or excuse? Who fired Drew and Omari, Kurauskas or "owners"? And was it related to words by either Adomaitis or Kurauskas who said after Klimavicius left, that there's might be further firings? Or maybe these events are connected to recent words of Adomaitis that Neptunas has serious plans to build team cappable of challenging Zalgiris and new leadership decided to start changes right away?

Someone could write collection of novels depicting all possible scenarios. Book of year guaranteed despite protests from 3 000 000 basketball literature experts.

Neptunas had huge problems at SF position with Siksnius missing half of games and 3 quaters of shots and Butkevicius not playing at all. With their return and new C, Kacinas and Sarakauskas will return to their natural PF position, so Omari's departure shouldn't be a problem

People often said that Adomaitis scheme depends on dominant PG, but this year Neptunas went with passer. I guess it worked until Baron left and maybe it was decided to return to old ways. If new PG will be of Ewing'16 level loss of Naron and Drew won't be remembered

Obviously a lot will depend on newcomers and Butkevicius Siksnius and Girdziunas, but if they play like they can play Neptunas can return to medal podium already this year

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
                              Quite mysterious story. Or 3 seperate stories, nobody really knows outside Neptunas "kitchen". Could be 2. Were financial stuff reason or excuse? Who fired Drew and Omari, Kurauskas or "owners"? And was it related to words by either Adomaitis or Kurauskas who said after Klimavicius left, that there's might be further firings? Or maybe these events are connected to recent words of Adomaitis that Neptunas has serious plans to build team cappable of challenging Zalgiris and new leadership decided to start changes right away?

Someone could write collection of novels depicting all possible scenarios. Book of year guaranteed despite protests from 3 000 000 basketball literature experts.

Neptunas had huge problems at SF position with Siksnius missing half of games and 3 quaters of shots and Butkevicius not playing at all. With their return and new C, Kacinas and Sarakauskas will return to their natural PF position, so Omari's departure shouldn't be a problem

People often said that Adomaitis scheme depends on dominant PG, but this year Neptunas went with passer. I guess it worked until Baron left and maybe it was decided to return to old ways. If new PG will be of Ewing'16 level loss of Naron and Drew won't be remembered

Obviously a lot will depend on newcomers and Butkevicius Siksnius and Girdziunas, but if they play like they can play Neptunas can return to medal podium already this year
                              Thats a lot of wishfull thinking. So far they are still heading Down, With no signs of changing direction. These signings is just talks, wont believe untill it starts to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information