Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 85 of 85

Thread: Klaipeda NEPTŪNAS Thread

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vilnius
    Posts
    1,972
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    I don't expect miracles. To complete full season healthy it would be one of the successes already. It won't be easy for his body to cope with quite heavy schedule. And it's not fair to compare his age with our legendary players who already were contributing at early 20s, guy lost few years of bball cause of injuries
    Not only cause of injuries. He almost didn't get a playing time in Basconia when was healthy and his loaning was bad: Spanish team where he didn't get a playing time as well and a bad organisation Nevezis. He really hasn't been lucky.

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    I don't expect miracles. To complete full season healthy it would be one of the successes already. It won't be easy for his body to cope with quite heavy schedule. And it's not fair to compare his age with our legendary players who already were contributing at early 20s, guy lost few years of bball cause of injuries
    But it's not really fair to say he'll need some special time to get on track physically wise. He should be absolutely 100% ready from the beginning of the season. He's a 21yo kid. If his injuries wasn't crippling and leaving permanent marks he should be just fine. "Not easy for his body to cope with the schedule"...is this Jankunas we're taking about? If your comment is a spot on I would be highly concerned. Just get to the court and feast young stud, if not...

    BTW, I really liked that stretch I've got with Baskonia at the end of past season. I believe he will be ready and only injuries can stop him from solid or very solid LKL season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  3. #83
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,535
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    But it's not really fair to say he'll need some special time to get on track physically wise. He should be absolutely 100% ready from the beginning of the season. He's a 21yo kid. If his injuries wasn't crippling and leaving permanent marks he should be just fine. "Not easy for his body to cope with the schedule"...is this Jankunas we're taking about? If your comment is a spot on I would be highly concerned. Just get to the court and feast young stud, if not...
    He'll need some time for sure, he was out of basketball activities for a long time, I mean serious basketball. He will be ready at the beginning, but none knows how his body will react later. The schedule he will have to cope with is quite intense. Again, when was the last time he played full season? Like never. It doesn't matter the age, some guys are prone to injuries all career long, would you guarantee now that Sedekerskis is not the case?


  4. #84
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    2,046
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Man, you're bad with numbers Like always. Or maybe you consciously moving numbers to support your arguments, either way. Sedekerskis will turn 22 in January 17, that's a second half of the season. "In early season"...

    The differences between Sedekerskis and say Stombersgas, Siskauskas, Maciulis, they weren't hindered by injuries. But I agree that we should see some real things from Sedekerskis already if he still got it.
    This season lkl ended in June if for you January in second part of season ok, for me "is still early" in the season 2-3 rd months from 8 month season.

    Is ridiculous to compare today Tadas to those 3 SF, that by age of 21-22 all three made their debuts in NT (1995,2000,2007).

    Compare him to slow starters like Salenga or something, but not to 3 of top 5 SF ltu basketball ever had,they were very good very early in their careers in men basketball.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 08-01-2019 at 10:24 PM.

  5. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    This season lkl ended in June if for you January in second part of season ok, for me "is still early" in the season 2-3 rd months from 8 month season.

    Is ridiculous to compare today Tadas to those 3 SF, that by age of 21-22 all three made their debuts in NT (1995,2000,2007).

    Compare him to slow starters like Salenga or something, but not to 3 of top 5 SF ltu basketball ever had,they were very good very early in their careers in men basketball.
    Let's see how Sedekerskis will look at Neptunas as 21-22yo. Than we'll talk. Maciulis was a 8,5 pts, 3,5reb for more or less MEH Zalgiris in LKL. I won't compare one of the greatest Youth level stand-outs we ever had with freakin' Salenga. The dude never had a decent chance to show what he can. Now he'll get one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •