Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Klaipeda NEPTŪNAS Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Won't be top scorer like Palacios. Lima-esque. Or Savenkov-esque
    Sorry , but who is Savenkov ?
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    What a monumental collapse against Strasburg! Up 18 points on aggregate with a half left to play and they blew it all.

Realistically speaking Neptunas had no business being up 18 against Strasbourg. 8/10 from me
    I know it seems like they let it slip , but on the other hand they were never suppose to lead at all , the way they have been playing lately .
    But also i am almost sure that i will have to eat my words regarding Klaipeda as a team .
    All credits go to Maksvytis - win against lrytas was so convincing that with McKAy arrival you just don't know what to expect .
    I would have to agree with opinion that with arrival of Butkevicius and Girdxiunas Lrytas did not become better team as expected .
    And that Klaipeda is getting better and better with each and every game .
    Game on.

Quote Originally Posted by auris1 View Post
    Sorry , but who is Savenkov ?
    Neptunas' center 13 years ago. More rebounds than points
    http://old.lkl.lt/zaidejas/96693/?seasonId=17773

Neptunas' center 13 years ago. More rebounds than points
    http://old.lkl.lt/zaidejas/96693/?seasonId=17773
    7,6 points vs 7,7 rebounds ?
    Fair enough )

Question

So is Neptunas really as competitive as they look so far this year despite all the good players, e.g. Girdiūnas, Seibutis, Butkevičius, elionis, the club has lost since this time last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    So is Neptunas really as competitive as they look so far this year despite all the good players, e.g. Girdžiūnas, Seibutis, Butkevičius, Želionis, the club has lost since this time last year?

They are really good. Surprisingly good I'd say. Maksvytis does decent job. Jerai Grant is as good as never before in Neptunas. Looks so light, more versatile. Delininkaitis in decent shape after getting rid of all the injuries that bothered him previous season. Lonzo Williams also is having decent season, plays over my expectation atleast, last season in Lietkabelis he looked almost dead, thought it was big mistake to sign him as main PG, but he is delivering big time. Masiulis, Olisevicius plays good. Weaver finally shows some good atitude as he is quite talented guy, but everywhere had some behaviour issues. Galdikas is a true captain/leader, maybe it doesn't noteable on scoresheets, but he brings the team together. Only Kisielius and Dambrauskas dissapoints for now. But overall I really like this Neptunas. With such shape they can go back to finals once again

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Weaver finally shows some good atitude as he is quite talented guy, but everywhere had some behaviour issues
    For example?

For example?
    Nothing criminal, just all his career (atleast in Europe) was known as not the hardest working guy, who didn't get along too well with coaches and team, had some motivation issues

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Nothing criminal, just all his career (atleast in Europe) was known as not the hardest working guy, who didn't get along too well with coaches and team, had some motivation issues
    Now that's progress. So far all i heard was "OMG 16 teams, must be difficult player" So I guess you have quotes and/or citations?

Most of those 16 he acumulated in 00s when he migrated between NBA teams in various G-League teams. In Europe he didn't finish seasons with Israeli and Turkish teams, in both cases those teams changed lots of teams and even coach

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123