Adriatic League 2014/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy M View Post
    According to "walla.co.il" (only them), MTA have offer from the Adriatic League a wild card to play their next season.
    That's mostlikely true. ABA is now 3rd or 4th season without any major sponsor and is trying to sell those 2 wild cards in order to cover the ussual expenses. Ajzeja probably knows more, but I've heard Szolnok wasn't in particular satisfied with the league in the past and I am guessing they won't be here the next season and even if they would be, Levski is certanly out. And even if publicly Lisac (ABA GM) is saying there is a lot of interest for the league, it's obviously ABA trying to shop those wild cards around, not many teams stay interested after they realise wild-card money isn't exactly negotionable.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
      That's mostlikely true. ABA is now 3rd or 4th season without any major sponsor and is trying to sell those 2 wild cards in order to cover the ussual expenses. Ajzeja probably knows more, but I've heard Szolnok wasn't in particular satisfied with the league in the past and I am guessing they won't be here the next season and even if they would be, Levski is certanly out. And even if publicly Lisac (ABA GM) is saying there is a lot of interest for the league, it's obviously ABA trying to shop those wild cards around, not many teams stay interested after they realise wild-card money isn't exactly negotionable.
      if you ask me they can leave this league right now i mean they are useless both szolnok and Levski,Assesoft or whatever name is should get invited and Rabotnicki or some other good team there are many other good teams that could profit from this situation and they should invite for free so this league can get on quality then they would get some sponsors... idk
      Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy M View Post
        According to "walla.co.il" (only them), MTA have offer from the Adriatic League a wild card to play their next season.
        In that case for sure Riyadi (Lebanon) won't continue trying to join the Adriatic league

Comment

Ajzeja probably knows more, but I've heard Szolnok wasn't in particular satisfied with the league in the past and I am guessing they won't be here the next season and even if they would be, Levski is certanly out.
          Yes, but it was the past.
          It seemed we don't play this season but fortunately we are in the league.

I don't know we will play in Aba next year or not. Our financial position is depend on a little bit politics and the "wind" could change.
          But I think this is known situation on this part of Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exitche View Post
            if you ask me they can leave this league right now i mean they are useless both szolnok and Levski,Assesoft or whatever name is should get invited and Rabotnicki or some other good team there are many other good teams that could profit from this situation and they should invite for free so this league can get on quality then they would get some sponsors... idk
            I don't think there will be more sponsors if we are not in the league.
            In fact we are here because there were not sponsors.

But I understand your statement. Not so interesting a match against hungarian/bulgarian/czech teams for you.
            I think CZ has has more tradition and more rivalry against Rabotnicki (or other ex-yugo teams) .

Comment

Krka won with a 7 players rotation and ended Zvezda's streak. They ussualy only get fired up for Olimpija switching 2-3 gears up all of a sudden for the national championship, while getting beaten up badly just about everywhere in ABA no matter what, this time Zvezda got them fired up as well obviously.
              it's not excuse, but Zvezda also play with shorter rotation(8 players), Jovic and Dangubic was injured(and deep bench is the strongest quality of Zvezda)..
              Also it was clear that we didnt play even with 30% strength(which is understandable when you play at every 3 day), + there was call 5 technical fouls against Zvezda...
              So all of that have influence at the final score and first lost match in ABA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                In that case for sure Riyadi (Lebanon) won't continue trying to join the Adriatic league
                I'll glad to see both teams. Maybe the sport can do something that leaders can't.
                For sure that Riyadi will have warm welcome in Tel-Aviv
                2022/2023:
                PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

• Originally posted by ajzeja View Post
                  I don't think there will be more sponsors if we are not in the league.
                  In fact we are here because there were not sponsors.

But I understand your statement. Not so interesting a match against hungarian/bulgarian/czech teams for you.
                  I think CZ has has more tradition and more rivalry against Rabotnicki (or other ex-yugo teams) .
                  you missunderstood me its not about from which country the team comes its about quality if levski and szolnok would play better and invest more i wouldnt have anything against but atm i think these teams are much better? i also think that ABA should consider inviting some greece and turkish team when i say that i dont mean PAO OLY GALATA FBU i think Banvit and EFES maybe

Comment

• Guys,
                    Szolnok is good this season, I don't like them because they didn't play the game against Partizan last season, ABA wasn't important to them, but this season they are good. They have deserved to stay in this league.

Levski, I would like to see some Bulgarian teams in ABA every season, this season Levski didn't have enough money, now at the end of the season they signed few good players so lets see how they will end the season.

Why wild cards? I don't know all the financial details about ABA but seems like some teams are paying big money and some don't pay nothing. I think if all 14 teams pay at least 50000 EUR this problem will be solved. Again, maybe I am wrong...

I have mentioned this many times before, I think a qualifying tournament is the best solution. All countries should have representatives on the qualifying tournament, which needs to be held at the beginning of the season (September).

Example:

Spars Sarajevo (BIH) - Sopron KC (HUN) after Home/Away game winner Spars Sarajevo (BIH)
                    FMP (SRB) - GKK Sibenik (CRO) after Home/Away game winner FMP (SRB)
                    Rabotnicki (MKD) - Sutjeska (MNE) after Home/Away game winner Rabotnicki (MKD)
                    Lukoil Academik (BUL) - Tajfun (SLO) after Home/Away game winner Lukoil Academik (BUL)

Last four (Mega, Igokea, MZT and Levski) will wait for the winners of the fist stage

Next will be delegated draw, in order to keep all countries in ABA:

Spars Sarajevo will play Igokea
                    FMP will play Mega
                    Rabotnicki will play MZT
                    Lukoil Academik will play Levski

MTA - If they want to play they should also play the qualifying tournament
                    Romanian league is also good, they should be invited on they tournament.
                    Greek or Turkish team to join ABA is impossible
                    If ABA wants to add country (Israel, Romania...), they should use the National Standing Coefficient to choose which country will lose place/team on the qualifying tournament OR make 16 teams league.

What do you guys think?

You remember we talked about how bad the F4 tournament was, we all wanted playoffs, this season they finally change it to playoffs. But again I think they made a mistake they were supposed make 6 team playoff. C. Zvezda and Buducnost should not play the first stage, first stage should be played by the 3rd place team against 6th place team and 4th team against 5th team...

Example:

Cedevita - Krka
                    Partizan - Olimpija

Then

Partizan - Olimpija -> C. Zvezda
                    Cedevita - Krka -> Buducnost

Also hopefully soon we will have at least 10 team U20 league....
                    4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Comment

• I hope that Spars Sarajevo will play this league in next season, or at least for two season.

They have tons of players from our U16, U18 and U20 national team, and our domestic championship is weak, those talents desperately need better opponents if they want to develop.

By the way, best player of Spars is PG Aleksej Nikolić(born 1995), who even played on last Fiba World Cup for Slovenia.
                      Due to his elegance and imagination, Mirza Delibasic was one of the continent's greatest ever players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exitche View Post
                        you missunderstood me its not about from which country the team comes its about quality if levski and szolnok would play better and invest more i wouldnt have anything against but atm i think these teams are much better? i also think that ABA should consider inviting some greece and turkish team when i say that i dont mean PAO OLY GALATA FBU i think Banvit and EFES maybe
                        Ok, I see.
                        I can not argue for the greek teams , but I don't think turkish teams would come to the ABA. The turkish league is at least as strong as Aba or stronger. So why would come any teams?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Martin View Post
                          Guys,
                          Szolnok is good this season, I don't like them because they didn't play the game against Partizan last season, ABA wasn't important to them, but this season they are good.

This story is not so simple.

When we went to the top8 in the Eurochallenge in end of February, asked the abaliga to find a new date for Partizan's match.
                          We did not get correct answers about it.
                          (Unfortunately this cup is not so Eurocup, one week one match. The quarter finals three matches in eigth days. So it would have been 4 matches in 8 days with aba game.)

The abaliga was not flexilbe or helpful. I think they waited maybe two games were enough in quarter final.
                          Fortunately we made egual on the second game at home.

I can imagine if our opponent is not Partizan, only a "smaller" club, then the end of situation have been other.
                          (eg. Levski-Zadar this January)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Martin View Post
                            Guys,
                            Szolnok is good this season, I don't like them because they didn't play the game against Partizan last season, ABA wasn't important to them, but this season they are good. They have deserved to stay in this league.

Levski, I would like to see some Bulgarian teams in ABA every season, this season Levski didn't have enough money, now at the end of the season they signed few good players so lets see how they will end the season.

Why wild cards? I don't know all the financial details about ABA but seems like some teams are paying big money and some don't pay nothing. I think if all 14 teams pay at least 50000 EUR this problem will be solved. Again, maybe I am wrong...

I have mentioned this many times before, I think a qualifying tournament is the best solution. All countries should have representatives on the qualifying tournament, which needs to be held at the beginning of the season (September).

Example:

Spars Sarajevo (BIH) - Sopron KC (HUN) after Home/Away game winner Spars Sarajevo (BIH)
                            FMP (SRB) - GKK Sibenik (CRO) after Home/Away game winner FMP (SRB)
                            Rabotnicki (MKD) - Sutjeska (MNE) after Home/Away game winner Rabotnicki (MKD)
                            Lukoil Academik (BUL) - Tajfun (SLO) after Home/Away game winner Lukoil Academik (BUL)

Last four (Mega, Igokea, MZT and Levski) will wait for the winners of the fist stage

Next will be delegated draw, in order to keep all countries in ABA:

Spars Sarajevo will play Igokea
                            FMP will play Mega
                            Rabotnicki will play MZT
                            Lukoil Academik will play Levski

MTA - If they want to play they should also play the qualifying tournament
                            Romanian league is also good, they should be invited on they tournament.
                            Greek or Turkish team to join ABA is impossible
                            If ABA wants to add country (Israel, Romania...), they should use the National Standing Coefficient to choose which country will lose place/team on the qualifying tournament OR make 16 teams league.

What do you guys think?

You remember we talked about how bad the F4 tournament was, we all wanted playoffs, this season they finally change it to playoffs. But again I think they made a mistake they were supposed make 6 team playoff. C. Zvezda and Buducnost should not play the first stage, first stage should be played by the 3rd place team against 6th place team and 4th team against 5th team...

Example:

Cedevita - Krka
                            Partizan - Olimpija

Then

Partizan - Olimpija -> C. Zvezda
                            Cedevita - Krka -> Buducnost

Also hopefully soon we will have at least 10 team U20 league....
                            i agree i hope this league will improve and will take ideas of others and arguments this league has potentional to bring back old ex-yu league glory i mean you have ABA and you can invite any1 you have whole balkan alot of people and everything you we should bring best basketball where it belongs,we also have tonshit of young players etc etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by ajzeja View Post
                              Ok, I see.
                              I can not argue for the greek teams , but I don't think turkish teams would come to the ABA. The turkish league is at least as strong as Aba or stronger. So why would come any teams?
                              well i think they have alot and will start investing alot in young players and could play with them also i think some italian team could participate?

Comment

• 21st round
                                ajzeja 5/7
                                Josko 5/7
                                AmonRA 5/7
                                Dr.Martin 3/7

overall
                                AmonRa 104/146 71,2%
                                ajzeja 91/124 73,4%
                                Josko 74/110 67,3%
                                Dr. Martin 62/89 69,7%