No announcement yet.

Adriatic League 2014/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Matalac, Helios and Rabotnicki are the candidates. Now ABA will play games instead of organizing tournament.
    4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Comment

At the prediction game I'm either all-perfect or in minus believing some country will finaly start to play the way they can needless to say the all-perfect days are rare

Helios isn't a candidate anymore, they dropped out after they realised 150k € for wild card is non-negotionable and I can't remember where I've read it, but supposedly Radnički is off the list as well.
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Martin View Post
        So Matalac, Helios and Rabotnicki are the candidates. Now ABA will play games instead of organizing tournament.
        Do you mean Metalac? First I thought it might be some team from other countries but I haven't found a team with that name on the net...

Comment

Originally posted by Milos.Djuric View Post
          Do you mean Metalac? First I thought it might be some team from other countries but I haven't found a team with that name on the net...
          Yes, Metalac Valjevo

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
            At the prediction game I'm either all-perfect or in minus believing some country will finaly start to play the way they can needless to say the all-perfect days are rare

Helios isn't a candidate anymore, they dropped out after they realised 150k € for wild card is non-negotionable and I can't remember where I've read it, but supposedly Radnički is off the list as well.
            JPF,
            Radnicki or Rabotnicki is off?

WC prediction game standings:
            39 AmonRA 125
            46 Dr. Martin 115
            50 Milos.Djuric 109
            52 Joško Poljak Fan 106

Comment

They would not have signed Pavkovic, Gece and Cek if they not play in ABA, so that is already decided... imo..

Comment

DARKO BAJIĆ ANGAŽOVAO BOBIJA MARJANOVIĆA

Boban Marjanović-red2.jpg

sexy uniform

Comment

Originally posted by Peace View Post
                  http://www.kkcrvenazvezda.rs/index.p...ja-marjanovica

DARKO BAJIĆ ANGAŽOVAO BOBIJA MARJANOVIĆA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7167[/ATTACH]

sexy uniform
                  It's for a historic movie, what could you expect, an NBA jersey?
                  It is a bit funny xD

Comment

Yes, that is from filming a historical movie, and Bobi "acting" Janis Krumins( 220 cm tall Soviet Latvian center), who was won 3 gold European medal and 3 Silver Olympic medal with Soviet Union..

Comment

JPF,
                      Radnicki or Rabotnicki is off?
                      My bad, mis-read it
                      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Guess I was wrong, Metalac get WC for ABA

Comment

Thats cool im so happy i think they will always play infront of 4000 people
                          Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Originally posted by Milos.Djuric View Post
                            It's for a historic movie, what could you expect, an NBA jersey?
                            It is a bit funny xD
                            Movie... hahaha funny

So Metalac got it, good. I am not happy but, Serbia deserved 4 spots according to the ABA system.

Comment

Originally posted by Exitche View Post
                              Thats cool im so happy i think they will always play infront of 4000 people
                              Hala sportova Valjevo 1.jpg

Is it an odd remark or the slightest humour?

Valjevo is clearly a default choice. Metalac is a long way off meeting the standards set by Adriatic League in term of seating capacity & hotels.

I personnaly think that Adriatic League wild card comes too early.

The team is rebuilding with an eye toward the future. During the off-season, the club management has deliberately cut older players in order to make room for some potentially talented youngsters such as Kutlesic ('94), Babovic ('95), Rakicevic ('95) or Kocovic ('96), and build a strong team within a few years. They need time & practices to grow as individuals & team, but at the same time, experience versus Adriatic top teams will be valuable for them. Unfortunately, without reinforcement, Metalac will be dead last and won't have the right to compete in Adriatic league in 2015/16. By contrast, with reinforcement, talented youngsters who came for play time will warm the bench and no one can guarantee success in avoiding relegation.

Last but no the least, Metalac will have to pay Adriatic league participation fee of 150.000 € and won't be able to invest in the infrastructure (new arena) and in the team's lifeblood (coaches, players and so on).

Comment

I'm happy for Metalac but unfortunately since they don't have proper hall in their city this is like another Mega in the league since they will play away, i know they stopped works on their new hall (5,000 capacity, only foundations finished) and this can push local government to finally finish it.

For the new hall they need something like 50x150.000 euros (for example construction cost of the new hall in Kraljevo were around 8 million euros, and in Valjevo with old project they plan to build bigger hall (planned costs around 10 millions)) so that 150k that will go for ABA definitely could not contribute to the construction of a new hall, simple everything depends on the local government, and state, and their willingness to invest in the hall.
                                Last but no the least, Metalac will have to pay Adriatic league participation fee of 150.000 € and won't be able to invest in the infrastructure (new arena) and in the team's lifeblood (coaches, players and so on).
                                New hall in Valjevo at the moment:

And some renders of the new hall:

Arena-Valjevo.jpg
                                Arena-Valjevo-eksterijer-odozgo.jpg
                                Arena-Valjevo-eksterijer.jpg
                                Arena-Valjevo-eksterijer-odozgo1.jpg
                                This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information