Lietuvos Rytas 2014-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lietuvos Rytas 2014-15

My god,so rumours were true - V.Seskus was announced as a new head coach of the team.
    Vainauskas can always replace him with another Beobasket person ,like next day he decides Seskus is not good enough,but for now...well,i can humour this decision regardless of what was said about Seskus on this forum - he does have some peculiar talent of creating a decent team with limited amount of money -
    and from now on,this more than anything how you can describe Lrytas - limited budget and big ambitions.This combo never works out that well in the end.
    Anyway,congratulations to Seskus for having a vision different to others and having guts to take this big step up out of his comfort zone.
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see this move as continuum of Rytas crisis.
    LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
    Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
    Buzelis, Lelevicius
    Murauskas, Sirvydis
    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
      I hope I'm wrong, but I see this move as continuum of Rytas crisis.
      Crisis ?That word is open to wide interpretation - for me,the only tournament lrytas failed miserably was Euroleague. Eurocup - that was close,wasn't? LKL - bad judgement call to win against Zalgiris in the last game of regular season.They would have had a place in euroleague either way had they won or lost the final. VTB -had they had Kavaliauskas eligible ,then....
      LKF - who cares.
      In the end,so close but no cigar.
      So perhaps the owners should take some blame as well - too many games,that was what killed Lrytas in the end.
      I liked this team per se,if anything,this one was an upgrade from the last season.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
        Crisis ?That word is open to wide interpretation - for me,the only tournament lrytas failed miserably was Euroleague. Eurocup - that was close,wasn't? LKL - bad judgement call to win against Zalgiris in the last game of regular season.They would have had a place in euroleague either way had they won or lost the final. VTB -had they had Kavaliauskas eligible ,then....
        LKF - who cares.
        In the end,so close but no cigar.
        So perhaps the owners should take some blame as well - too many games,that was what killed Lrytas in the end.
        I liked this team per se,if anything,this one was an upgrade from the last season.
        This season was a little better (still failed almost everywhere they could), but I was reffering to post Jonas Vainauskas era. Rytas is pretty much lost since than.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
        Murauskas, Sirvydis
        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Worst season in history making it already 4 seasons without a single trophy, now budget cut, moving to smaller arena due to poor attendance, Seskus as a coach... If it's not a crisis, then I don't know how to call it.
          FFS this move with Seskus... I found out about it couple of weeks ago, that Seskus was in Vilnius during VTB games and came back to Prienai with deal in his pocket, sources were serious and it was done deal, but I still couldn't believe it till official announcement from Rytas. It looked too unreal. It's either Vainauskas is so desperate and is goin' crazy, either it's not Seskus who will have to rise his level till Rytas, but Rytas is goin' to lower it's own that much that Seskus suits them. I guess only the future will tell us, when we'll see Rytas moves in players' market

Comment

So Rytas signed Adas Juskevicius (2 years), Arturas Valeika (2+1) and Kyrylo Natiazhko (1+1)

Current roster:
            Natiazhko Kavaliauskas
            Valeika
            Orelikas Seskus
            Gecevicius Redikas
            Juskevius Dambrauskas
            The Moon Is A SCAM(http://www.revisionism.nl/Moon/The-Mad-Revisionist.htm)!

Comment

Originally posted by LuDux View Post
              So Rytas signed Adas Juskevicius (2 years), Arturas Valeika (2+1) and Kyrylo Natiazhko (1+1)

Current roster:
              Natiazhko Kavaliauskas
              Valeika
              Orelikas Seskus
              Gecevicius Redikas
              Juskevius Dambrauskas
              Prienai No.2. Unless they will sign 3 strong foreigners/nt level players, but it wont happen as Gailius is too expensive for them.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

What are the prospects of re-signing Darius Songaila and Renaldas Seibutis?

Last edited by Hepcat; 10-23-2014, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                  What are the prospects of resigning Darius Songaila and Renaldas Seibutis?

Seibutis too expensive, Songaila wants more money and isn't really happy about some other stuff, hard to say if he'll stay, but there are chances

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                    This season was a little better (still failed almost everywhere they could), but I was reffering to post Jonas Vainauskas era. Rytas is pretty much lost since than.
                    All right then,I see what you meant it now.
                    So what is the story behind Vainauskas jn?
                    I do not want to lay a dirt on the guy I know nothing about,so let me just say that the rumours I picked up t-he was heavy on drugs and he was hard to work with.I noticed that he has been appealing with public about getting his job back recently,yet ....So it is either his personal issues aren't resolved yet ,or he had really pissed off his dad on the major scale and no matter what he will not get that job back.
                    Plus,let's remember that Zalgiris had this mad Romka era,where he spent huge amount of moneys he did not have.So that is that.
                    But this - this seems to me like they are downsizing big time and giving up on the dream and ambitions to become club number one in Lithuania.Let alone to achieve something in Europe.
                    Funnily enough,this will give more opportunities to young and up coming Lith players,one thing i always thought this club lacked in giving them so.

Comment

Interesting move by Rytas to sign many Lithuanians. It will be interesting to see how they will do in LKL/EuroCup. Since they have nothing to lose, why don't they pick up a couple of prospects? I remember when Valanciunas debuted in the Euroleague - it was when Kurtinaitis was the coach. Somehow I doubt that had foreigners been in charge of the team, Valanciunas would've gone big. He'd been forced to ride the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by macleopard13 View Post
                        Interesting move by Rytas to sign many Lithuanians. It will be interesting to see how they will do in LKL/EuroCup. Since they have nothing to lose, why don't they pick up a couple of prospects? I remember when Valanciunas debuted in the Euroleague - it was when Kurtinaitis was the coach. Somehow I doubt that had foreigners been in charge of the team, Valanciunas would've gone big. He'd been forced to ride the bench.
                        Forced move or desperate would sound more specific Overall I think vainauskas is too poor manager to handle this crisis properly. Ain't right move, ain't right time.
                        Regarding prospects, we have too few now in LT, Valanciunas was special one, it was quite obvious that he'll be star sooner or later, even bench wouldn't spoil him IMO, such guys would find a way one way or another
                        Last edited by Mindozas; 06-22-2014, 04:14 PM.

Comment

So far Seskus has not shown good coaching skills. He keeps blaming foreigners and makes them ride the bench (probably because he's not well versed in English), his offensive schemes are quite random (almost like Pacesas' style streetball basketball), defense is not given due priority, etc. It seems that all he has is the ability to get his players fired up (an ability that he hasn't exploited this season yet, except for the season opener against Partizan, which, I have to admit, was beautifully played). I think he'd better have been a Rytas' assistant than the head coach.

Comment

Were political considerations the primary factor in Rytas' decision not to participate in the VTB United League this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                              Were political considerations the primary factor in Rytas' decision not to participate in the VTB United League this year?

No. LKL changed it's format, goin' back to 4 rounds system, 40 games for each club, so for Rytas, Neptunas it was just too much games, there was no way to fill them all

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information