Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panathinaikos 2014/15

So new coach is Dusko Ivanovic.

The owner has decided to 'Hellenify' the whole team and we'll probably have 2-3 foreigners instead of the allowed 6 in the league next season. It's most probably a budget decision but they want to emphasize on "Greece".

Lasme and Gist are almost gone. Maciulis has a team option which will probably not be exercised. Brammos is as good as gone. There are rumours that Pappas will have his contract terminated.

There's some interest in Matzaris from Olympiakos and Nick Calathes is expected to rejoin the team. Vougioukas might also return. Vezhenkov and Mpochoridis might join from Aris.

So far...

Originally posted by Alvertis4 View Post
    So new coach is Dusko Ivanovic.

The owner has decided to 'Hellenify' the whole team and we'll probably have 2-3 foreigners instead of the allowed 6 in the league next season. It's most probably a budget decision but they want to emphasize on "Greece".

Lasme and Gist are almost gone. Maciulis has a team option which will probably not be exercised. Brammos is as good as gone. There are rumours that Pappas will have his contract terminated.

There's some interest in Matzaris from Olympiakos and Nick Calathes is expected to rejoin the team. Vougioukas might also return. Vezhenkov and Mpochoridis might join from Aris.

So far...
    I don't know really understand the decisions being taken especially when players like Maciulis, Lasme and Gist are left out... what I do know is that paying 6 million for Calathes for 3 years (if true) is way too much imo...

Let's see what happens in the near future...

Comment

The main question is, how DD will stand with Ivanovic?
      As I read, he didn't want him as a coach, so I can see conflicts here
      2022/2023:
      PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
      SG: Baldwin, Hollins
      SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
      PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
      PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

The signals we get from Pao is that they are willing to spend money when they have to. The offer they made to Calathes, and the money a coach like Ivanivic gets are considerable amounts. So I am not so sure that they want to lower the budget. It could be that they will make 3 big signings, along with many Greek players.
        PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Apparently Gist stays. Lasme will go to Efes most likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Alvertis4 View Post
            Apparently Gist stays. Lasme will go to Efes most likely.
            Big mistake. lasme much better then Gost.
            BTW, some rumours that Maciulis is candidate to MTA, to replace Ingles
            2022/2023:
            PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
            SG: Baldwin, Hollins
            SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
            PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
            PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

H εξέλιξη της τεχνικής δεξιότητας της ντρίπλας και η εξάσκηση όλων των πιθανών τελειωμάτων αναβαθμίζουν το παιχνίδι της νέας γενιάς!

The Greek judge can not be serious, at least they should not be. Harsh decision.
              Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
              Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

Does anyone know the salaries of the players and coach? And contract lengths. I think Diamantidis expires this season and I'm hoping he continues!

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information