No announcement yet.

Lithuanians in NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the misfortune to set eyes on some of his other ill-inspired posts though....

Comment

Kuzminskas gets attention from Lakers and Jazz. Confirmed by his agent. He's considering to be in summer league. Kuzminskas is 25. He should go there if he'll have a chance. Even if he will end up with a little role as Claver has in Portland, that would be good for Kuzminskas, IMO. To work with NBA physical coaches and all the stuff - he surely would be forced to work hard. That's what he's lacking now - being physical and nasty. However, Unicaja has the rights of him for the next season. NBA teams would have to pay a buy out.
      Last edited by Straight forward; 01-08-2015, 02:28 PM.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
        To work with NBA physical coaches and all the stuff - he surely would be forced to work hard.
        Or he might be rarely used and be waived by the end of the next season. It's a gamble. Kuzminskas has a lot of weaknesses to work on, namely defense, strength and confidence, and while he can get away with playing okay defense in the NBA (still quite a bit better than his current defense), he has to be strong and confident. Coaches in the NBA expect that from every player, and those (physically and mentally) weak players get left behind. Unless he plays well in Top 16, in ACB Playoffs and in the NT this summer, I really can't see him in the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by macleopard13 View Post
          Or he might be rarely used and be waived by the end of the next season. It's a gamble. Kuzminskas has a lot of weaknesses to work on, namely defense, strength and confidence, and while he can get away with playing okay defense in the NBA (still quite a bit better than his current defense), he has to be strong and confident. Coaches in the NBA expect that from every player, and those (physically and mentally) weak players get left behind. Unless he plays well in Top 16, in ACB Playoffs and in the NT this summer, I really can't see him in the NBA.
          You right, but his game fits better to the NBA, IMO. He's good cutter and good in transition. Those 2 things - everyday breakfast in NBA.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by ViIkas
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7502[/ATTACH] Jonas do sex in Motiejunas arse funy
            I have one thing to say about your post. Your post is very infelicitous. The picture is also infelicitous. I am afraid I have to report your infelicitous post to the administrators so that you will be careful next time.

Comment

Kuzminskas gets attention from Lakers and Jazz. Confirmed by his agent. He's considering to be in summer league. Kuzminskas is 25. He should go there if he'll have a chance. Even if he will end up with a little role as Claver has in Portland, that would be good for Kuzminskas, IMO. To work with NBA physical coaches and all the stuff - he surely would be forced to work hard. That's what he's lacking now - being physical and nasty. However, Unicaja has the rights of him for the next season. NBA teams would have to pay a buy out.
              Wow, I just caught this post of yours - thanks for the info - I hadn't heard this somehow (in spite of being a big Kuzminskas fan).

Comment

And here's an interesting NBA stat that would make optimistic most of Liths here. Jonas is No.1 in the NBA by PPP (points per possession). Dmo is No.5 in the NBA by PPP. And both are still underused. For example Aldrige has 512 possessions, Marc Gasol 442 while Jonas 247 and Donatas 249. Imagine where those two will be in a couple of years when they'll get unleashed? Somewhere at the light of the best NBA bigs.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                Murauskas, Sirvydis
                Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

It's interesting that Ed Palubinskas who has Lithuanian roots now is famous and well respected NBA shooting coach. He's well known for teaching Shaq and Howard shooting FTs. Maybe he would be interested to work with Lithuanian NT (?). All DMo, Sabonis and Gudaitis have some issues with FT shooting + he would bring some of the USA basketball culture which could be a nice compliment for Lithuanian traditions.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                    Murauskas, Sirvydis
                    Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

It's interesting that Ed Palubinskas who has Lithuanian roots now is famous and well respected NBA shooting coach. He's well known for teaching Shaq and Howard shooting FTs. Maybe he would be interested to work with Lithuanian NT (?). All DMo, Sabonis and Gudaitis have some issues with FT shooting + he would bring some of the USA basketball culture which could be a nice compliment for Lithuanian traditions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Palubinskas
                      Not sure if we could afford him. Probably gets big bucks to coach shaq or howard.

Comment

Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                        Not sure if we could afford him. Probably gets big bucks to coach shaq or howard.
                        Sure. The only way we could get him - it's his will and some sort of patriotism. No idea if he has any sentiments to Lithuania. Besides, I don't know how much current federation and coaches would want something like that. I see it as highly conservative - it's good and bad at the same time. Personally, I liked how Jr, Nelson worked with the NT.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Ligonis
                          what is name Ed? it is not lithuanian. I hate emigrants,leave contry than forgotten lithuanian than exepting to have lithuanian citisinship for example Stauskas and Surna. Ilgauskas also traitor. Why no playing to nacional team? Garastas not there ,still exuse,no playing, what, he hates Lithuania? Palubinskas not lithuanian if no langauge, no patriot. Let stay in NBA,he not deserve to couch Lithuania.
                          You dont know anything about him or why he is living there, maybe his parent or granparents moved there 50 years ago. His name could be Ed short for Edvardas or just Ed because he is american.
                          btw stauskas never showed interest in lithuanian citizenship.

No reason to hate and judge, when you dont know the whole story.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Palubinskas
                            Nice find, didn't know that Palubinskas is working as shooting coach Anyway, I don't know if he could help to improve free-throw shooting of our players you mentioned. Unlike Shaq or Howard, who are terrible shooters and has no proper technique, our guys can shoot, but it looks like the main problem is their psychology, atleast with Gudaitis and Sabonis it's quite obvious. Of course maybe Ed is good psychologist too

Comment

Another Lithuanian in NBA camps this summer. G. Biruta joins Nuggets camp.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                              Murauskas, Sirvydis
                              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

So Gudaitis is drafted by the 76ers, 47th pick. I thought he was a bit underrated in the draft, but apparently the analysts see him as an undersized NBA center with terrible court vision.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information