Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: Lithuanians in NBA

We saw how manny chances got other 2rounder of Knicks organisation Brazdeikis. Im not a fan with organisation he was drafted by.

Right now Knicks guard lineup is long they even added Vildoza for mysteriuos reasons. Ntikilina 7pick didnt get no chances already last season.

Thibs is one of few coaches last thing he thinks about is developing youngsters he is using 9men rotation in regular, 7 in playoofs and tries to win games.

If Rokas want to get some playing time next season go directly to Barcelona with coach that believes in him.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 07-30-2021 at 11:48 AM.

According to this Jokubaitis will play in Barsa next season and Knicks even have the scout in Barselona:

https://us.newschant.com/sports/knic...as-jokubaitis/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Continuation of what I wrote above. For the first time I hear comparison with Calderon It makes sense in terms of their offensive craftiness, but Jokubaitis is more physical and more of a contact guard than Calderon, IMO. It seems that Jokubaitis chances to be in Knicks 2022/2023 will also depend on Vildoza's status in the team. There's a chance Jokubaitis will play in summer league. All good. Let's now see how Saras will handle him.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/30/knicks...as-jokubaitis/

I'm looking forward to see Velicka, Jokubaitis, Brazdeikis, Sirvydis, Kulboka in the summer league. This and U18 couple of games that I plan to see will make up for absent summer to me regarding Lith BB. Have to admit didn't see and won't watch a single Bucket league games.

Pistons waved Sirvydis. And Corey Jospeh (decent rotation player in his prime). They remain wild organization I wish Sirvydis now would play in some small club (like Lietkabelis) and would get plenty (I mean plenty) of playing time. I'm sure he'll be a baller, it's just a matter of time.

i understand that Pistons scout that fallen in love with Sirvydis body understand better what is nba tallent what isnt than me.

But i would suggest not look just on players lenght and lenght of hands,but look at simple things like: do kid cares about result,do kid plays defence or overall competes on court. There is obviuos red flags on Sirvydis attitude on those things and not to see that i dont know what to say about such scout.

Usually nba teams gives 2 years for draft projects before taking other body, if nba team cuts youngster after just 8months it seems they lost any hope they had about making Sirvydis nba player.

i understand that Pistons scout that fallen in love with Sirvydis body understand better what is nba tallent what isnt than me.

But i would suggest not look just on players lenght and lenght of hands,but look at simple things like: do kid cares about result,do kid plays defence or overall competes on court. There is obviuos red flags on Sirvydis attitude on those things and not to see that i dont know what to say about such scout.

Usually nba teams gives 2 years for draft projects before taking other body, if nba team cuts youngster after just 8months it seems they lost any hope they had about making Sirvydis nba player.
    Obvious? Like what? Like averaging 6.6ppg in 15min (55.6%, 38,2%) in Eurocup being 19yo? (the only one with such role and impact at this age in entire tournament). Not caring about the game? What's your proves? It's not like Brazys (he actually thinks Sirvydis can be really good) or Adomaiits (both expressed their view on him in podcasts) even mention something like that (while f.e. both openly said that sometimes it looked that Tubelis is often using only 90% effort). You know me, If I see a player sucking I will tell. IMO, you just accuse Sirvydis without any single prove and actually can't get the perspective about what kind of prospect Sirvydis is.

To me, Sirvydis is nice prospect. He's the guy who can be effective off the ball, he has high IQ, he brings effort at D, even if never will be great defender, he competes, he has nerves to play in clutch. All he needs is time and I can't get the hate he receives. Because the guy loves tatoo and uses social networks I guess. He will be a nice swingman Europe wise, IMO, soon.

Yes i didnt see a single sign he cared to win basketball games in rytas,he cared only about his stats.When situation become not so good in rytas team,he run away as fast as he could and was fooled by agents.

I didnt see Sirvydis competing for goods of a team,i saw young kid that wanted to look cool shooting sexy long shots infront of those scouts. Thats red flag for me .

When i saw young Dmo is said same things and u in same manner defended Motiejunas,now i see similiar things in Sirvydis. Hopefully this time i will be wrong.But im not fan seeing such cocky kid at all.

Nba teams dont cut projects after 8months in normal circumstances,they saw something.

One more ltu second rounder went nowhere in nba. History dont lie.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 08-01-2021 at 06:16 PM.

IDK. I see situation differently. To me Sirvydis is a bit naive and a bit light to lose the touch with the ground, but not cocky and arrogant as D-Mo was (BTW, even for cocky D-Mo only injury screwed things, not his character, cause he had good working ethics and he actually was a beast for Rockets prior injury; later events are just echos of crippled player). IMO, with time Sirvydis will be OK, now already got some hits, seem to have decent working ethics (backed up by Pistons). You emphasize some shot of his flaws, but overlook how matured he can be on the court. He rarely rush things, he's a very talented system player who can play a bit of ISO as well. IMO, he has a nice balance between individual effort and specially nice adjustment to what happening on the court. That's the signature of 2000s generation. All Jokubaitis, Sirvydis and D. Giedraitis are of that kind. Perfect talented system players. While 1999 generation in Brazdeikis and Velicka is more PRO ISO and I hope some sort of balance might come from. This 1999-2000 generation has potential to improve our backcourt talent.

So all 5 Lithuanians will play in Summer League. Jokubaitis (Knicks), Brazdeikis (Magic), Velicka (Nuggets), Sirvydis (Pistons), Kulboka (Hornets). It's just summer league, but should be some sort of record. We know that Brazdeikis can dominate summer league, already had that 30pts game. All others are really intriguing. Specially how Jokubaitis will look there and Velicka.

Exclamation

But i would suggest not look just on players lenght and lenght of hands,but look at simple things like: do kid cares about result,do kid plays defence or overall competes on court.
    In my experience scouts are always making too much of subjective factors (probably to justify their jobs). The bottom line is always whether a player delivers the results on the floor.

Kulboka signed two way nba contract. Those nba clubs right now is in love with young long bodies that can shoot ...they dont care what players level is on other basketball elements

From all those our summer leaguers Brazdeikis,Kulboka,Sirvydis,Velicka,Jokubaitis if atleast one will become real nba 15min rotation player one day that would be fantastic outcome.

But more realistic that next ltu nba real player will be Tubelis simply because he is big. For perimeter type foreigners demand and competion is alot bigger to survive in that league.

Default ai

Kulboka signed two way nba contract. Those nba clubs right now is in love with young long bodies that can shoot ...they dont care what players level is on other basketball elements

From all those our summer leaguers Brazdeikis,Kulboka,Sirvydis,Velicka,Jokubaitis if atleast one will become real nba 15min rotation player one day that would be fantastic outcome.

But more realistic that next ltu nba real player will be Tubelis simply because he is big. For perimeter type foreigners demand and competion is alot bigger to survive in that league.
    For us it's more important how these guys career will pan out overall. We know what Hornets career Macijauskas had, but he was a superstar on FIBA court and ect. I personally think that Kulboka, as a role stretch 4, might feel more comfortable in NBA. Three point line is further, but much more space and angles as well (Kuz also was pretty good offensively in the NBA, that wasn't an issue, the D was). The question is can Kulboka survive defensively. And the odds is not in favor for Arnoldas. I assume that since NBA getting smaller, he might survive at 4, guarding guys who are also more of a stretch 4s. He is agile guy for 4 position. It will depend I guess on how things will elevate f.e. if Zion will be playing 4, and will establish dominance in NBA, teams will want bigger and tougher 4s to guard him (Tubelis here fits the narrative). But generally I believe Kulboka has more chances to be a decent NBA role player, than decent EL player. The latter league requires toughness and sturdiness and Kulboka is not a contact guy at all. NBA requires athleticism and agility, and there Kulboka fairs better. Not sure if Kulboka's NBA career would mean a lot for the NT, but hopefully with time and experience he can get tougher and smarter and thus become a long term FIBA piece for us.

The good news is that all players are basically from positions that we need to improve. That is 1,2,4. Off course, Brazdeikis and Sirvydis may play 3, but they are also guys who might potentially cover 3 positions as well (2-4). Even if all will fail in NBA, we should get something from the bunch for the NT. I somehow today see both Kulboka and Sirvydis as the guys who should be used at 4 in the small ball shooting units.

Macijauskas and Jasikevicius they went to nba as europe stars not as some tallented future kids. Thats tottaly diffrent category.

In 2005 those 2 lithuanians were in place were today is Misic or Campazzo types. Go or not to go to nba.

Macijauskas and Jasikevicius was undrafted in nba. They didnt have big size and athletics so no nba scout could see elite shooting,elite basketball minds, tough tough characters those strenghts made them really great players.

For every Bertans or Galinari shooting bigs types that made nba career there are atleast 50 foreigners similiar type that after 2 years were waiwed and return home and never reached even euroleague level.

I would rather see more lithuanians having 10+pts averages in euroleague than getting drafted in 2 round of nba draft if we talking about stronger NT.

Real tallents is first 20 picks . All those 2 rounder picks is simple gamble by nba teams and biggest part of them fail.

To survive in nba is not about just size and shooting to those Kulboka types. Do they have character and real men balls to survive that ridiculous nba competion?

Real strong characters that what makes great players great.

Just size in weak mind and weak character they can play in uleb,but not in nba.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 08-04-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Macijauskas and Jasikevicius they went to nba as europe stars not as some tallented future kids. Thats tottaly diffrent category.

Macijauskas and Jasikevicius was undrafted in nba. They didnt have big size and athletics so no nba scout could see elite shooting,elite basketball minds, tough tough characters those strenghts made them really great players.

For every Nowitzky or Galinari shooting bigs types that made nba career there are atleast 50 foreigners similiar type that after 2 years were waiwed and return home and never reaches even euroleague level.

I would rather see more lithuanian having 10+pts averages in euroleague than getting drafted in 2 round of nba draft. I take those 10pts euroleague player way more seriuosly as help to NT.

Real tallents is first 20 picks . All those 2 rounder picks is simple gamble by nba teams and biggest part of them fail.
    I disagree. Data shows that all drafted Lithuanians thus far (except Adriuskevicius) reached at least Euroleague's level. JV, Domas, D-Mo, Igauskas, Rooney, Songaila, Seibutis, Gudaitis, Javtokas, E. Zukauskas. In the future we may have some guys who won't reach EL level inevitably, but thus far it's really one sided. If there's a drafted Lithuanian, he's at least EL player in a long run. That's the reason I like any drafted Lithuanians chances.

Mind that Jasikevicius became EL star at 24 or even later truly. He really exploded as 27 playing Maccabi. Let's just give them time. I don't feel like I want to give up on any of drafted Lithuanians yet. Far from that. All Kulboka, Sirvydis, Brazdeikis, Jokubaitis have at least solid working ethics and talent for European/Lithuanian prospects.

Kulboka didn't shine in the first Summer League, didn't entirely sucked, but he should utilize his chances better than 1/4 from the field.

Rough start for Velicka. From highlights I can see that his body language reminded him in the key game against Denmark. He looked anxious and hesitant, nearly lost. Hope he'll get more chances. Rumor is that he looked quite nice in the camps of Nuggets.

Jokubaits surprisingly didn't play. Maybe duo to jet lag (Garuba didn't play as well f.e.), maybe just Knicks wanted to test other guys first. He'll get his chance and I feel that he should look OK offensively.

Sirvydis didn't get his chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post

Jokubaits surprisingly didn't play. Maybe duo to jet lag (Garuba didn't play as well f.e.), maybe just Knicks wanted to test other guys first. He'll get his chance and I feel that he should look OK offensively.
    Saras told Knicks that they can only play him in half of games

Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Saras told Knicks that they can only play him in half of games
    Some says in the very first three games...So one is wasted in this case.

Summer league for Europeans and I think specially Lithuanians who are usually extreme system players and very unselfish is kinda frustrating. There's always that feeling that they lack ISO mentality and most American guys, some of them less talented, just go ISO not caring about others So watching a little bit Velicka and Jokubaitis, I thought wouldn't it be nice if some Lithuanian would just come to Summer League and dominate? And then I figured Brazdeikis did just that 2 years ago. He dropped 30pts in his second Summer League game. We need guys like Brazdeikis. On other hand Iggy also was cold in the first game so maybe some Liths will do better later, just as Kulboka did, but he's Summer League vet now.

Tonight Kulboka had a decent game. 13pts (5/11 FG), 3rbs, 3stl, 1as in 27min. I like how his off ball movement improved. He seems more coordinated and sturdier. Also at 4 he's underrated passer (look at that beauty in the second video):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il5s2iPIaqM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEQ6Lf1KGp0

Brazdeikis also solid with 12pts (5/9 FG), 4pts, 1as in only 17min. He's an instant offense. Hope some-one will give a contract, but somewhere he could actually play.

Pity Velicka got only 4 minutes. He managed to show his best trait - slashing strong, drawing contact and finishing.

Sirvydis was missing threes, but I like that he didn't lose much of agility as got bigger.

I re-watched Slovenia- Lithuania game. Also I watched Iggy's first game in SL highlights and second game live. I believe that Brazdeikis today is the most ready piece that Lithuania needs. He is ultimate going to the basket from perimeter, observing the contact and finishing strong with either hand. I declare that today he's the most dangerous Lithuanian player with the ball in his hand at perimeter.. Grigonis tried hard, did all he can, danced with various of moves, but he simply doesn't have toughness and athleticism to brake pesky perimeter defence. He barely can go ISO cause he's just too soft. Even 35yo Kalnietis was better at it, and current Kalnietis is far from his prime athletically. Our problems was so obvious when we didn't really had a single guy who can split the D, tear the gap (physically and manly) and to go inside. Brazdeikis can do that.

IMO, Brazdeikis and Jokubaitis (assuming he'll get even tougher and more explosive over the season) are the key players for upgrading NT in 2022. Brazdeikis and Jokubaitis are most ready and has the package that we need the most. Grigonis should occupy shooter's spot, not penetrators' and facilitator's spot. Give Brazdeikis and Jokubaitis the ball and get the fuck out of their ways going to the corners.

On other hand, Brazdeikis signed 2 ways contract. Likely as long as he won't have long term contract, NBA or Europe, he may not join NT. But I surely hope he'll come. That's very important for us, IMO.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast