Lithuanians in NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
    Oh, it's very nice to hear that from a guy who thinks D. Casey is responsible for the fact JV is not an all star and blames current Grizzlies coach for not using JV as the main tool in the team. I surely would like you to be that much of a discloser when you speak about JV, LOL

Now, regarding Jasikevicius you basically right, even though I think he still could make a career if he ended up in NBA at 21-22. Later he adjusted entirely to El. He was talented enough to develop his talent more up to NBA style if had a chance. While with Macijauskas...I think he lacked athleticism for the NBA.
    lol, Casey is a moron coach either way, as his tenure with Pistons proves already...regarding JV, he's coming into his own again after slow season start and is already playing 30 min a game recently just like last year. So no, he doesn't need Jenkins to cater to him at all, as he will get his numbers and stats either way. It's just too bad that he's wasting his prime years in a tanking franchise with no chance to reach the playoffs over the next few seasns. Hopefully he'll get traded to a more solid team soon enough

Comment

• Is Nick Nurse an idiot too?

It's possibility. Some teams would use JV in PO for a little role. However, he can't guard p'n'r, can't step up, let alone switch everthing. I have high doubts there will be such team which will want JV.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Is Nick Nurse an idiot too?

It's possibility. Some teams would use JV in PO for a little role. However, he can't guard p'n'r, can't step up, let alone switch everthing. I have high doubts there will be such team which will want JV.
        oh Ok, so you are still singing the same tune regarding JV...all I can say is keep on hating and JV will just keep on rollin'

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax View Post
          oh Ok, so you are still singing the same tune regarding JV...all I can say is keep on hating and JV will just keep on rollin'
          So when you have no answers you just go for accusing? Was Nick Nurse or Masai Ujiri (GM that is being fished by other teams at the moment) an idiot trading JV for veteran Gasol? Don't be two-faced, answer the question, it was you just in an hour trying to unmask Lithuanian winners Why the hell JV was traded if he's that good as you say?

Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

So when you have no answers you just go for accusing? Was Nick Nurse or Masai Ujiri (GM that is being fished by other teams at the moment) an idiot trading JV for veteran Gasol? Don't be two-faced, answer the question, it was you just in an hour trying to unmask Lithuanian winners Why the hell JV was traded if he's that good as you say?
            yeah, Raptors suddenly won a chip just because they acquired an old, semi-retired Marc Gasol in a trade...not because of Kawhi leadership and the constantly improving play of Siakam and VanVleet. And they were doing just fine with JV on the team too before he was traded, so it's not like they were losing left and right when they finally decided to pull a plug on a trade Gasol is yet another piece on their team and he doesn't even score nowadays, so whatever he gives them defensively is negated when they go 4 vs 5 offensively lol

Comment

yeah, Raptors suddenly won a chip just because they acquired an old, semi-retired Marc Gasol in a trade...not because of Kawhi leadership and the constantly improving play of Siakam and VanVleet. And they were doing just fine with JV on the team too before he was traded, so it's not like they were losing left and right when they finally decided to pull a plug on a trade Gasol is yet another piece on their team and he doesn't even score nowadays, so whatever he gives them defensively is negated when they go 4 vs 5 offensively lol
              So your answer is...Gasol is a better defender? I'll help you- by far and that's not all. Gasol is terrific facilitator at offence, perfectly and quickly reading the game, much more crafty than JV and much more reliable shooter from three, that's what Raptors wanted in the first place. Some-one who could move the ball from perimeter and sometimes shoot threes, a big who could be effective staying in perimeter to clean the space for Leonard, Siakam and Lowry. No-one wants to slow down the tempo and play through JV and similar type of centers. Everybody wants spacing, all around skills, shooting, IQ, mobile agility at D. That's why traditional bruisers are globally dying, but off course you see it as some personal hate on JV Suite your self

Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• 2019/2020 nba

Domantas Sabonis aver. 34min 18pts+13,4reb+4asist+0.6bl on 51,3% PER:20,22

Jonas Valanciunas aver. 25min 14pts+9.9reb+1,9asist+1bl on 57,6% PER: 20,38

by PER (player efficiency rating ) both our players makes nba top 40. Btw Giannis and Luka is nr.1 and nr.2 on that list good times in nba for europeans.

stats per 36min

Domantas Sabonis 18,9pts+14,1reb+4,1asist+0.6bl

Jonas Valanciunas 20,2pts+14,2reb+2,7asist+1,4bl

the only similiar stats i could found in same season of 2 lithuanians was back in 1997/1998

Arvydas Sabonis aver. 32min 16pts+10reb+3asist+1,1bl on 49,3%

Zydrunas Ilgauskas aver. 29min 13,9pts+8.8reb+0,9asist.+1,6bl on 51,8%

the diffrence back than both Arvydas and Zydrunas was more less not part of our NT.When Domantas and Jonas is huge part of our NT.
                Last edited by Shawshank; 12-24-2019, 07:53 AM.

Comment

• So after 10 games in G league, we can make few remarks about Ignas brazdeikis. In 31,5min he scores 19,3ppg, grabs 6,4rbs. I really like his inside game, he's tough, versatile and crafty. In some situations he utilizes his off right hand perfectly, just as in this video I share, when he needs to go to his right from the defender. I can live with 47% from 2pts rage, but I would love to see better accuracy from three- 32%. He can surely shoot better, but he takes some wild shot, step back shots way beyond the line, he just has to look for more reasonable shots. I find his rebounding rate pretty nice, specially that he spends a lot if time in the perimeter. However, only 1.6 assists seems not good enough. To me, he's too wild of an offensive player and too shaky defender, but it's a process I guess. Hard evaluate his G league performance, but at scoring he stands at 27 spot in the league, best scorer scores 24.9ppg so it's surely not China league if some got that impression.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                  Murauskas, Sirvydis
                  Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Jonas finally played dominant game againts his nemesis Baynes 30 pts+8reb+4ssist

His tandem looks like nice with Morant and Grizzlies winning lately, even when not winning loosing big leads that's showing their potential of young team.

In interviews after game we can see what Jonas says he kinda is grown up in the room in that team .This will help his leadership skills no doubt, he never had such role.

Valanciunas is becoming mature player at peak of his powers right now.With all abilities+ experience and strong mentality.

Jonas shoots 3 pointers without thinking if his open nice to see that.Right now Valanciunas becoming best shooting big we have.

His jumpshoot mechanism is slow, but very soft not bricks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                      Jonas finally played dominant game againts his nemesis Baynes 30 pts+8reb+4ssist

His tandem looks like nice with Morant and Grizzlies winning lately, even when not winning loosing big leads that's showing their potential of young team.

In interviews after game we can see what Jonas says he kinda is grown up in the room in that team .This will help his leadership skills no doubt, he never had such role.

Valanciunas is becoming mature player at peak of his powers right now.With all abilities+ experience and strong mentality.

Jonas shoots 3 pointers without thinking if his open nice to see that.Right now Valanciunas becoming best shooting big we have.

His jumpshoot mechanism is slow, but very soft not bricks.
                      JV's current 47% 3 point shooting percentage is the second best in the whole NBA lol... Only guard George Hill shoots more efficiently than him. Yet SF still tries to convince us that JV is not built for a contemporary modern basketball lol - talk about banging your head against the wall despite being proven wrong so many times lmao

Comment

JV's current 47% 3 point shooting percentage is the second best in the whole NBA lol... Only guard George Hill shoots more efficiently than him. Yet SF still tries to convince us that JV is not built for a contemporary modern basketball lol - talk about banging your head against the wall despite being proven wrong so many times lmao
                        That's his most modern train in his game. I'm the poster who always make adjustments if there's a need. When I caught that JV shoots threes 42% few weeks ago, I already had in mind that he should be unleashed in FIBA to shoot as well. When he reached 45% I wrote about it in NT section, so don't pretend you disclosed me or someth, you were the one who commented my post. If JV can shoot threes in FIBA and I think he can, it's great, but his D is still huge issue. However, now, I'm more optimistic that Sabonis and JV may found room to play together more efficiently and that JV may found a nice role without asking to shift (slow down) the whole game for him.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

JV is not built for modern basketball, everyone understands this, except you.

Comment

• Somehow surprised Sabonis stands only 9th forward in the East by fans voting. When we finally have truly worthy guy to make an All star game, our fans are sleeping. I admit I gave my first vote only today somehow, but at least I did. Maybe Liths are active, just China's kiddos messing around, voting for Tacko Falls and some other scurbs, who knows.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Somehow surprised Sabonis stands only 9th forward in the East by fans voting. When we finally have truly worthy guy to make an All star game, our fans are sleeping. I admit I gave my first vote only today somehow, but at least I did. Maybe Liths are active, just China's kiddos messing around, voting for Tacko Falls and some other scurbs, who knows.
                              I've never voted and don't plan to. Sabonis making it won't me feel any better, I would rather have him rest those days. For all the amazing games he had this year, he also had his share of injuries and bruizes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svajunas View Post
                                JV is not built for modern basketball, everyone understands this, except you.
                                I know right - I almost feel guilty now for cheering for a guy and liking his game, how silly if of me lol

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information