Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 285

Thread: Lithuanians in NBA

  1. #261
    Senior Member madmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    It would probably take Jonas averaging 50 and 25 for SF to give him a little bit of credit...

  2. #262
    Senior Member LuDux's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    It would probably take Jonas averaging 50 and 25 for SF to give him a little bit of credit...
    50 Blocks and 25 assists?

  3. #263
    Senior Member madmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    50 Blocks and 25 assists?
    touche

  4. #264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Jonas is surely top 10 bruiser in entire NBA
    He's top 5 traditional traditional bruiser. Maybe even top 1 or 2 in terms of pure post coring. However, as I said there's only couple of such left in NBA and those have very little role. Jokic, Gasol, Embiid, Sabonis are not traditional bruisers, you can find such breed among top 100 players, but no traditional bruisers basically left as key players. The fact that JV this month helped Memphis so much was a pleasant surprise to me, he shows he may have some ideas how to survive this bigs plague in the NBA. However, it's surely about dynamic young guns, they play run and gun type of basketball and recently started to learn how to win, JV sometimes helps sometimes not, but recently he really stepped up.
    However, JV goes up and down in current NBA. He's a match-up big. When he will have advantage, they will give him the ball. When he will be an open hole at D, he'll sit. Notice that against the Cat he got 4pts and 9pts against LAC (Zubac), but Memphis is rolling, winning everything now.

    JV himself understand situation very clearly, other than some of his fans clearly:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sJ7KwGffCI
    Last edited by Straight forward; 01-14-2020 at 12:34 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  5. #265
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    2,106
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    We all understand that basketball is changing you don't need to repeat in every post.

    But that doesn't mean that old school center can't play 20-25 min and dominate againts those small centers.Jonas shows it's possible.Maybe he can't guard pikenroll but surely those pf type centers can't guard him either.

    Reading your comments it's seems after 5years basketball will be played only by 2m06 and less players.That will not happens teams will still need big bodies for 15-20 min streaches as they need now.

    Jonas said basketball is changing little bit and he adding to his game new elements and using them.I said Valanciunas is at this peak right now mentally, he is talking way smarter,playing way smarter and understand basketball way better than in his 18-23 old years.When he was young fast super athletic, but stupid young chicken that was running without thinking.

    I expected from Jonas good things in next 4 years it should be his best years I see obviuos maturity as a basketball player on the floor and how he talks now.

    Such mature players are ready to win playoffs games.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 01-14-2020 at 06:39 PM.

  6. #266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Reading your comments it's seems after 5years basketball will be played only by 2m06 and less players.That will not happens teams will still need big bodies for 15-20 min streaches as they need now.
    No, there will be tall players, even some 2.21cm as Porzingis, but all of them will be agile and will be able to play D in the whole court. 7 footers who stand in the paint and can't guard p'n'r, can't switch will be extinct for good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  7. #267
    Senior Member madmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    No, there will be tall players, even some 2.21cm as Porzingis, but all of them will be agile and will be able to play D in the whole court. 7 footers who stand in the paint and can't guard p'n'r, can't switch will be extinct for good.
    and tell me how is Porzingis doing in Dallas these days? Standing around the perimeter and bricking all of his jumpers while shooting 40% from the floor for a 7'3 guy lmao...is that the kind of future big NBA really wants? If you really think that super efficient players like JV won't be needed in the future, you are more delusional than ever then. Basketball is a simple game at the end of the day - the ball needs to go through the hoop in order to win. If you can't do it efficiently, then all of your supposed agility is worth nothing

  8. #268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    and tell me how is Porzingis doing in Dallas these days? Standing around the perimeter and bricking all of his jumpers while shooting 40% from the floor for a 7'3 guy lmao...is that the kind of future big NBA really wants? If you really think that super efficient players like JV won't be needed in the future, you are more delusional than ever then. Basketball is a simple game at the end of the day - the ball needs to go through the hoop in order to win. If you can't do it efficiently, then all of your supposed agility is worth nothing
    I don't care how he's doing. He's coming after a huge brake, like a year or 1.5 of a year, he needs time to get it going. But that's not the point, the point is that he is agile and he can step out, he can switch, he can move his legs. That's the future of a big. And no, basketball isn't a simple game, there's D among other things, it's only you who take it primitively and still spreading your homerism at the best
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  9. #269
    Senior Member madmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    I don't care how he's doing. He's coming after a huge brake, like a year or 1.5 of a year, he needs time to get it going. But that's not the point, the point is that he is agile and he can step out, he can switch, he can move his legs. That's the future of a big. And no, basketball isn't a simple game, there's D among other things, it's only you who take it primitively and still spreading your homerism at the best
    the only reason you consider basketball a "complicated" game is because you wanna sound like a genius expert here who tries to vow everybody with his walls of text and pretentious bolstering about certain players you like and crapping on some others which you dislike...I can give you a simple resume of how one of the best NBA teams Houston Rockets play for example - it's mainly just Harden or Westbrook pounding the ball at the top of the key and then they receive a screen from Capella and one of them (usually Harden) shoots a three after a few more dribbles or drives into a paint to force an issue and maybe draw a foul if he's lucky or lob the ball to Capella for an easy dunk if he baits 2 or 3 defenders to commit to him. Another one of their usual "complicated" plays is clearing the strong side for Harden's iso against his lone defender and leave him to take care of matters there. That, and some usual kick outs to 3 point shooters after driving to the crowded paint id their whole offensive repertoire. Doesn't sound too complicated now, does it? It's all about execution there my dear friend. And yeah, I don't even need to mention that they are allergic to playing defense too...and despite all of that, they are still one of the best teams in the NBA

  10. #270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    the only reason you consider basketball a "complicated" game is because you wanna sound like a genius expert here who tries to vow everybody with his walls of text and pretentious bolstering about certain players you like and crapping on some others which you dislike...I can give you a simple resume of how one of the best NBA teams Houston Rockets play for example - it's mainly just Harden or Westbrook pounding the ball at the top of the key and then they receive a screen from Capella and one of them (usually Harden) shoots a three after a few more dribbles or drives into a paint to force an issue and maybe draw a foul if he's lucky or lob the ball to Capella for an easy dunk if he baits 2 or 3 defenders to commit to him. Another one of their usual "complicated" plays is clearing the strong side for Harden's iso against his lone defender and leave him to take care of matters there. That, and some usual kick outs to 3 point shooters after driving to the crowded paint id their whole offensive repertoire. Doesn't sound too complicated now, does it? It's all about execution there my dear friend. And yeah, I don't even need to mention that they are allergic to playing defense too...and despite all of that, they are still one of the best teams in the NBA
    Dude, your efforts is pathetic. You come here and say basketball is a primitive game That's how low you can get trying to cover JV. No disrespect, you're the biggest homer I remember in these forums since VS666. Rockets is horrific defensive team and none is taking them as serious contenders, none. Harden can score, Westbrick is most overrated star in the league. They suck at D badly and they will get smashed in PO. The only years they provided in PO, when they had good defensive players as Arisa and such. With Harden and Westbrick in the backourt they are regular season fillers, they will go down in PO as always. And Clippers are obvious top contender, because they have scary D team and they provide when PO will come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  11. #271
    Senior Member madmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Dude, your efforts is pathetic. You come here and say basketball is a primitive game That's how low you can get trying to cover JV. No disrespect, you're the biggest homer I remember in these forums since VS666. Rockets is horrific defensive team and none is taking them as serious contenders, none. Harden can score, Westbrick is most overrated star in the league. They suck at D badly and they will get smashed in PO. The only years they provided in PO, when they had good defensive players as Arisa and such. With Harden and Westbrick in the backourt they are regular season fillers, they will go down in PO as always. And Clippers are obvious top contender, because they have scary D team and they provide when PO will come.
    and this is how we know that you're the biggest troll on this forum - instead of discussing anything I said, you proceed with personal attacks and more agenda driven nonsense lmao. How come you never mention that your beloved Sabonis is actually a horrible defender too? Is it because it doesn't fit your narrative here and shitting on Jonas makes Sabonis Jr somehow a better player? Get a grip mate - basketball is not that serious and there's no need to get defensive just because somebody has a different opinion than yours

  12. #272
    Senior Member LuDux's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Sabonis is actually a horrible defender
    Statistically he's pretty good, 11th in DWS and 21st in DBPM
    https://www.basketball-reference.com..._advanced.html

  13. #273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    and this is how we know that you're the biggest troll on this forum - instead of discussing anything I said, you proceed with personal attacks and more agenda driven nonsense lmao. How come you never mention that your beloved Sabonis is actually a horrible defender too?
    It's not personal attacks, I have nothing against you as a person, I would even somehow feel you may be rather good person, you're just not very good BB poster and very stubborn fan who can't deal with some facts.

    As for Sabonis, he's not a great defender, but he improved in that category rather nicely in last 2 seasons, thus Ludux numbers appear. The key is that Sabonis has very decent positioning and can move his legs, can step out (guarding p'n'r), even can be pretty decent at switching everything. Now, he's a solid defender for NBA, and very decent for FIBA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  14. #274
    Senior Member madmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuDux View Post
    Statistically he's pretty good, 11th in DWS and 21st in DBPM
    https://www.basketball-reference.com..._advanced.html
    I'm not entirely sure how much faith you can put into these stats, since JV has a pretty decent DWS as well...Obviously, defensive impact depends a lot on your teammates and playing alongside Myles Turner helps even more than usual (as opposed to JJJ, who is very raw and commits the most fouls in the entire NBA)
    Last edited by madmax; 01-16-2020 at 12:08 PM.

  15. #275
    Senior Member Shawshank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Klaipeda
    Posts
    2,106
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Both our boys made huge double double last night

    JV 26+17 Domas 26+10+9

    I click on highlights and literally Jonas and Domantas having dunk and layups party and nobody even try to make a faul to stop that.This NBA small era getting funny Nobody cares about inside defence those wings just let you easily score inside and try to run to shoot treepointer on other side

    In fiba nobody will let you shoot layups all game like that.You will get double teams,hard fauls and etc.

    NBA had never had such weak inside defence never.Its a joke compared to 90s inside defences where you got hit inside constantly.

    Dantoni and Rockets is going even further last 3 games played with 1m90-1m99 height players entire game and won all 3 games.Its not hard to guess how they playing inside anti defence with Harden and Tucker in big men's role and now they trying to trade the only big they use Capela this is comedy


    NBA regular is unwatchable only playoffs when they begin to play defence and seriuos basketball.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 02-04-2020 at 12:00 PM.

  16. #276

    Default

    There's some good points, but you exaggerated a little bit. There is D, not as tiny and tough as in EL, but there's D. And both of them nailed some serious shots. The key is match-ups. Sabonis would bully Porzingis inside any given day, like he stands no chance. Softy unicorn can't bring real toughness as of yet. Sabonis just killed him inside. JV got a beefy and pretty good ISO defender in Drummond, but dominated him hitting some really good shots, but also Drummond is nearly as crappy p'n'r defender as JV himself, and Memphis utilized that also.

    NBA is as soft as ever, true. But you also always have to consider timing, is it a back to back game, road game and all that stuff. If in EL pretty much every game is the battle between 2 fresh and 100% prepared teams, in NBA is a mess and up and down roller coaster. In some games some players literally walking gassed. But that's how stars and non-stars separates. Sabonis shows an amazing motor and extremely equal and consistent effort and toughness every game. He works like robot every game and thus far showed amazing durability also. Really hope he won't go down with an injury at some point of the season. 34.5min per game is serious. He's basically among top 20 most played players in the league.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  17. #277
    Senior Member madmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,408

    Default

    it's really hilarious how old school centers are supposed to be relicts in today's small ball era of NBA, yet they are simply unstoppable in the paint and nobody pretty much can even contain them because of soft defensive rules... At least in FIBA they can rely on smaller courts and no 3 sec defensive rule to slow these giants down, NBA on the other hand is completely powerless to stop them if they get the right mismatches and enough passes lol

  18. #278

    Default

    Well, after almost 20 games, Brazdeikis now shooting really solid 49%/35,6% in the G league. That's good numbers for a guy who shoots of the dribble and plays with the ball in his hands. Lately really scoring a bunch and stands as 5th best scorer in the G league. So offensively he dominates, and may be on his way be the best scorer in entire league. That's pretty impressive, after all there's 288 players in the league, some of them will make career in NBA, and a bunch of them in Europe. Offensively he's improving. If he would manage to improve his really really shaky and sometimes horrible D, he would have a legitimate chance to crack NT.


    Specially now, when you see Maskoliunas is up to some really mediocre players. Again, I can't deal with the fact 90-95kg Bendzius will be filling position 4, while a wing (SG/SF) Brazdeikis stands at 100kg. Seriously, dude, I don't remember such travesty in NT ever. Even our smaller, stretch 4 in the past were way bigger, like M. Zukauskas (100kg), Kleiza (106kg), J. Maciulis (105kg), even Kuzminskas who is too soft for 4 is 101kg. Now we gonna combat Olympics with softies who plays no D. We're getting more and more serious with each new coach since Kazlauskas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

  19. #279
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,661
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Well, after almost 20 games, Brazdeikis now shooting really solid 49%/35,6% in the G league. That's good numbers for a guy who shoots of the dribble and plays with the ball in his hands. Lately really scoring a bunch and stands as 5th best scorer in the G league. So offensively he dominates, and may be on his way be the best scorer in entire league. That's pretty impressive, after all there's 288 players in the league, some of them will make career in NBA, and a bunch of them in Europe. Offensively he's improving. If he would manage to improve his really really shaky and sometimes horrible D, he would have a legitimate chance to crack NT.


    Specially now, when you see Maskoliunas is up to some really mediocre players. Again, I can't deal with the fact 90-95kg Bendzius will be filling position 4, while a wing (SG/SF) Brazdeikis stands at 100kg. Seriously, dude, I don't remember such travesty in NT ever. Even our smaller, stretch 4 in the past were way bigger, like M. Zukauskas (100kg), Kleiza (106kg), J. Maciulis (105kg), even Kuzminskas who is too soft for 4 is 101kg. Now we gonna combat Olympics with softies who plays no D. We're getting more and more serious with each new coach since Kazlauskas.
    Stop ruining every thread with your Kulboka obsession and Bendzius hate. I'm trying to ignore it, but it comes from everywhere now


  20. #280

    Default

    Word in Brazdeikis. His scoring rates in G league equals previous NBA studs marks. Brazdeikis is interesting package, have huge upside offensively, yet we openly discuss whenever he'll ever become a true role NBA player:


    Speaking of the G League, it's time for the Knicks to call up their 2019 second-round selection, Ignas Brazdeikis.

    The Knicks were surprised Iggy dropped to 47th overall last June, and traded up to grab him. As a freshman at Michigan, not only did Brazdeikis average 14.8 points and 5.4 rebounds, he also posted impressive advanced statistics. Per Synergy data, Brazdeikis scored 1.19 points per Spot Up possession, which placed him in the 92nd percentile of all NCAA players. According to Basketball-Reference, he was the first freshman in Big Ten history to score more than 500 points, grab more than 200 rebounds and knock down more than 50 made 3-pointers. Only five other freshmen in NCAA Division 1 history tallied at least 500 points, 200 boards and 50 treys, while also shooting above 39% from downtown. Those other four frosh are Kevin Durant, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Lauri Markkanen.

    Brazdeikis also opened some eyes with his impressive play at the Las Vegas Summer League back in July. Over New York's final four games in Vegas, he averaged 18.0 points (on 55% shooting), 5.5 rebounds, 2.5 dimes and 2.8 made 3-pointers, while shooting a scorching 57.9% from downtown. He then carried that strong play into G League competition this season. On the year, he is averaging a team-high 21.5 points to go along with 7.5 rebounds, 3.0 dimes and 1.8 trifectas. He's currently the only player in the G League averaging more than 21 points, seven boards and 1.5 triples.



    https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybe.../#609d83db77fa
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The flick from the future...

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •