Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Lithuanians in NBA

So what I take from Jokubaitis Summer league campaign that he was really smooth offensively. It's obvious he that he could put up solid numbers in the league if unleashed, but only introduction to game's culture was at stake this time. Prior 3 years I wouldn't believe that Jokubaitis will fair that well in the NBA courts. He added physicality and he still can add some. IMO, he can be a role players surely in the NBA. Even defensively he showed that motor which was obvious in the Euroleague, specially early in the season, and he wouldn't be complete black hole in the NBA as Jasikevicius was. Big player is growing for us and now let's hope Saras will only cement all what he has:

Jokubaitis, selected 34th overall in the second round, has left the Knicks to go back to Spain to be with his Barcelona team. The plan was for Jokubaitis to play three games — and that’s what he did.

In the three games he played, Jokubaitis was provided limited minutes but was super efficient. He’s fast, he can shoot from 3 and has a liveliness on defense — even if he needs to bulk up.

In 29 minutes, the 20-year-old shot 70 percent (7-of-10). He was 3-of-5 from 3-point range and averaged 6.3 points. He did not play in the opener.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/14/knicks...ning-to-spain/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Bruzas braked down Summer League Liths performances. You will read about why I was saying (in shape and healthy ) Kulboka should be in NT camp. I think he a bit overemphasized Jokubaitis' first game. And I agree with him that Brazdeikis is primarily a guy with the ball, so whenever we use him 2 or say sort of point forward at 3, he has to play with the ball a lot.

https://www.krepsinis.net/naujiena/l...ubaitis/313343

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Summer league for Europeans and I think specially Lithuanians who are usually extreme system players and very unselfish is kinda frustrating. There's always that feeling that they lack ISO mentality and most American guys, some of them less talented, just go ISO not caring about others So watching a little bit Velicka and Jokubaitis, I thought wouldn't it be nice if some Lithuanian would just come to Summer League and dominate? And then I figured Brazdeikis did just that 2 years ago. He dropped 30pts in his second Summer League game. We need guys like Brazdeikis. On other hand Iggy also was cold in the first game so maybe some Liths will do better later, just as Kulboka did, but he's Summer League vet now.
    Summer league is simply a circus and shouldn't be taken seriously by any serious arm's length basketball observer.

Tonight Kulboka had a decent game. 13pts (5/11 FG), 3rbs, 3stl, 1as in 27min. I like how his off ball movement improved. He seems more coordinated and sturdier. Also at 4 he's underrated passer:
    I don't understand how/why Arnoldas Kulboka drew any interest from the NBA in the first place. When was the last time he showed any game in competition? The last real test he got he was a complete dud for Team Lietuva at the 2017 U19 World Cup:

Lithuania - 2017 FIBA U19 World Cup

Last edited by Hepcat; 08-18-2021 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    Summer league is simply a circus and shouldn't be taken seriously by any arm's length basketball observer.
    But you will sneak into the stat sheets just to make sure you got all story objectively, right?

I don't understand how/why Arnoldas Kulboka drew any interest from the NBA in the first place. When was the last time he showed any game in competition? The last real test he got he was a complete dud for Team Lietuva at the 2017 U19 World Cup:

Lithuania - 2017 FIBA U19 World Cup

Ermm...OK.

Bruzas braked down Summer League Liths performances. You will read about why I was saying (in shape and healthy ) Kulboka should be in NT camp. I think he a bit overemphasized Jokubaitis' first game. And I agree with him that Brazdeikis is primarily a guy with the ball, so whenever we use him 2 or say sort of point forward at 3, he has to play with the ball a lot.

https://www.krepsinis.net/naujiena/l...ubaitis/313343
    dinosour expert is changing his mind every 3 months about Kulboka What Kulboka shown last season he had business being invited to Nt camp.

Rarely any seriuos players plays 3 summer leagues if that the case something aint rigth.Summer league is made for draftees before their first season to prepare them for rookie season and players which are fighting for their nba careers.

Sirvydis sucked in summer league.

Velicka didnt get no chance and overall looked bad.

Jokubaitis is not nba type player.

Kulboka in dream world can become Bertans,but in reality such stories happends for 1 in 50 for such very tallented PF shooting european players.

Brazdeikis is tricky ponny. His 1 vs 1 offensive style is what ltu basketball is missing right now.But Defence is weak,he is too big and slow to play SG + he dont create of others just for himself.

Dont see neither of those 5 making real nba career 200+ nba games.

My prediction 2 years from now all of them will be playing in europe.

dinosour expert is changing his mind every 3 months about Kulboka What Kulboka shown last season he had business being invited to Nt camp.

Rarely any seriuos players plays 3 summer leagues if that the case something aint rigth.Summer league is made for draftees before their first season to prepare them for rookie season and players which are fighting for their nba careers.

Sirvydis sucked in summer league.

Velicka didnt get no chance and overall looked bad.

Jokubaitis is not nba type player.

Kulboka in dream world can become Bertans,but in reality such stories happends for 1 in 50 for such very tallented PF shooting european players.

Brazdeikis is tricky ponny. His 1 vs 1 offensive style is what ltu basketball is missing right now.But Defence is weak,he is too big and slow to play SG + he dont create of others just for himself.

Dont see neither of those 5 making real nba career 200+ nba games.

My prediction 2 years from now all of them will be playing in europe.

Yeah, there's a good chance all 5 will be in Europe, so? I wish luck for all, but I want Brazdeikis to play solid baskeball in Europe. That would be beneficial for NT. He already has ISO game and cheekiness, now he needs to learn how to play in smaller courts in Europe.

Kulboka had bleak season overall, but at the end of the season he was balling in ACB and now looks solidly in Summer League. He's a little bit streaky, but nevertheless developing. Hopefully, he'll reach that level of being a role player for the NT. If he would provide at least something close what Cancar provided for Slovenia this summer (BTW, Kulboka will be 24 just as Cancar is now) that would be very nice.

Jokubaitis, Velicka and Sirvydis would actually benefit from playing G league or NBA because they would learn more ISO scoring skills and would be more aggressive overall attacking the basket and it's the best place to work on your body. That's what American culture can really teach. However, I believe it's always more beneficial if your best players playing Europe, when it comes to NT. They just much more ready for FIBA BB. We see how Domas struggles with smaller court and different rules in FIBA.

The good thing is that basically all 5 players are perimeter players. Kulboka stretch 4, Sirvydis combo forward (I see him as 3/4 in a long run), Brazdeikis swingman, Jokubaitis and Velicka more of point guards, but can go combo as well. Perimeter quality is what we lack so it's nice to see these guys running and not some another 7 footers with their hook shots.

PS: Urbonas was saying Sirvydis was sick with Covid just prior Summer League. This may be affecting his performance as well. Tonight played well with 11pts. What I see that he moves really well for 203cm. At least Pistons camp didn't screw him as Raptors screwed Valanciunas with early bulking up program. Sirvydis looks bigger, but still agile.

Brazdeikis will go to europe only if there will be no other choice around nba/G league world. Thats red flag when i hear that,because in such case i really skeptical about such player will want to play in some eurobasket. Olympics maybe but thats it from players comming with that mindset.

Cancar is one better examples with those 2pts average nba deep bench players that played well for NT at 24.But how much does it was him and how much it was Doncic creating wide open long shots for him ? With Luka even Lietkabelis Dimec looked like solid back up.

Sirvydis he didnt show nothing on basketball court.Only theories about his fantastic basketball body and ale elite shooting. Im sorry if in summer league he shoots like 1 from 10 and that should be his strenght thats sucking. Im tired hearing how tallented he is...when he will start show that tallent? enough talks he should start playing well somewhere or im not taking him seriuosly as ale future NT player.

If we want that our most tallented kids play well for NT in the future and adapt fast to NT answer is not G league,but high quality europe leagues. G league prepares nba stylistic type 1 vs 1 players not fiba tournament players.

We can have even 15 summer league young players but if neither of them cant even average 10pts there and plans to play in G league i dont see how exactly that helps our NT any time soon.

NT needs young players that balling in uleb/euroleague levels not some prospects that running after unlikely dream in G league .

The things is that no-one knows what's the best path for particular individual. Cancar was no-body till this summer in FIBA, but his invisible work in NBA kitchen obviously was a right choice for him. Time will tell. Most of our young players developing in Europe. Couple in NCAA. Couple in G league. All good, IMO.

I see that Spain direction is still good way to go. Basically it has been a good path for Grigonis, Sedekerskis (eventually), Kulboka, D. Giedraitis. Now Jokubaitis and Jakucionis (B team obviously) heading to Barsa. This direction is kinda trending.

Exclamation

But you will sneak into the stat sheets just to make sure you got all story objectively, right?
    Normally, yes, but for the circus they call Summer League why bother?

Velicka didn't understand how one should play in the Summer League He had to be more selfish. On other hand, after crappy first game he never really got a chance. 4 minutes is not a chance. Too bad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75RkcQ8kzK0

Exclamation

i don't know about Arnoldas Kulboka. He just doesn't seem to be developing as a player. Consider his Champions League numbers:

2017-18: PER 10.5 in 28:42 minutes over 14 games
    2018-19: PER 2.8 in 11:30 minutes over 12 games
    2020-21: PER 4.7 in 18:50 minutes over 6 games

Shaqtin' A Fool Lithuanian edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKAj...JoyfulEditions

Hope that Karnisovas won't sleep on Sirvydis. It would be a good place for him. Beefy G league season is a must for him.

Deep sleepers for the Chicago Bulls to add to the camp roster: Deividas Sirvydis

Another young potential free agent target for the Bulls that could be a good find for Arturas Karnisovas and the Bulls is the former Detroit Pistons lengthy 6-foot-8 21-year-old shooting guard Deividas Sirvydis. The second-round pick of the Dallas Mavericks in the 2019 NBA Draft has a lot of potential in this league.

It wasn’t the best opportunity for Sirvydis to find his rhythm with a legitimate team in the 20 games he played with the Pistons last season. What Sirvydis needs is a sustained opportunity to succeed at this level or at least some level of stability in the G-League.

His insane length and natural shooting ability should come along in the next few seasons if he finds the right situation soon. And with the upgraded core that the Bulls have amassed since the trade deadline last season, Sirvydis could find a good home in Chicago.

A really good mover off-ball with a strong fundamental shooting stroke, it just seems like a matter of time before Sirvydis finds the right fit. He is good in catch-and-shoot situations and is excellent at shooting off of screens. The Bulls could add a very solid floor spacer with a lot of room to grow heading into Training Camp with Sirvydis.

Sirvydis is also a good enough defender, given his length with a wingspan north of 6-foot-10, to defend most anyone at the two or the three.

Out of the three players on this list, I would personally like a potential Sirvydis signing the best. He did not have the best showing with the Pistons Summer League team, but his ceiling is just too high to ignore at the young age of 21.

https://pippenainteasy.com/2021/09/0...camp-roster/3/

Watched Ignas Brazdeikis pre-season action and I would say he would be a perfect piece now for "Saras' Zalgiris" concept. 22,6yo guy who already has tools to be PRO, but still needs time of adjustment and polishing. Saras would crystallize his role. What I do like about Brazdeikis that he developed a really nice motor defensively. In NCAA he was all about the buckets, but now he hustles defensively as well. He's not a good defender, but the guy is sturdy and hustles and that's already good news, he won't be a black hole defensively at 3. I like that he's a good rebounder for his size. The shift of the attitude shows that Brazdeikis is willing to work and do what fits his career. Offensively now in NBA he lacks more stable jump shot and overall more consistency scoring wise. That may come, or may not. IDK about his NBA career, but I do see EL material in Iggy. At 25 he could be a valuable player of EL if he would work with some-one as Saras in Zalgiris. I wish him luck, but contemporary NBA is not the best fit for him. He's not so super good to be a creator in the NBA, and that's his best trait offensively - playing with the ball - and he can't really shoot consistently. This puts his NBA career in Jeopardy. NT wise he won't add shooting, but he can be good enough as one of secondary distributors, aggressive slashers, the one who can play with the ball at 2-3.

I take it that Deividas Sirvydis is still a free agent without a contract, and that at this time both Ignas Brazdeikis and Arnoldas Kulboka seem destined to begin the season toiling in G-league.

I take it that Deividas Sirvydis is still a free agent without a contract, and that at this time both Ignas Brazdeikis and Arnoldas Kulboka seem destined to begin the season toiling in G-league.

Brazdeikis has more chances to step on the court here and there. Kulboka surely will be playing in the G league first. Sirvydis should play in the G league for Pistons. G League season starts November 5.

Kulboka picks 98 number of the Hornets jerseys, it's the year he born. He expected to have complete freedom in G league. Hope he'll do OK and will get his chances in the NBA.

As a starter in Greensboro, Kulboka will have the ultimate green light to take tons of threes and the freedom to make mistakes on both ends while learning the Hornets’ system. As is the case with Scottie Lewis, if we see lots of Kulboka with Charlotte this season, that means multiple players have been injured, but head coach James Borrego will put him out on the court somewhere down the line.

https://www.atthehive.com/2021/10/10...noldas-kulboka

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526