Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Lithuanians in NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Svajunas View Post
    Noticed that you mention Tadas in both line ups. We have to have some else at 4 as well. Maybe Maciulis for some 12-13 mins.
    Generally Sabonis and Sedekerskis should fill position 4. But, yeah, most likely we will take third PF. The problem is that we don't really have a player who would truly deserve a spot. Required level is not there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    Marciulionis son will be bust like first Sabonis son

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Generally Sabonis and Sedekerskis should fill position 4. But, yeah, most likely we will take third PF. The problem is that we don't really have a player who would truly deserve a spot. Required level is not there.
    Motiejunas is still active and a willing player to participate...

So I decided that my signature was getting a bit old so I've gone to a completely different look. I was going to post pictures of about eight players but there's a 500 character limit to signatures when it comes to coding. Hard core NBA fans should therefore not have any trouble identifying the all-time greats I've chosen.

Sirvydis shows no love for Rytas and speaks about his NBA campaign. Jarutis and Co. did a nice job, completely fucked relations with both Srivydis and Blazevic:

https://www.15min.lt/24sek/naujiena/...i-1130-1488626

Iggy with a 10 days contract with Orlando.

Suddenly Iggy in the game and hitting some clutch shots. 14pts, 3rbs, 2stl in 32 min. This 10 days contract may be a blessing for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZMBBCe3NJc

OK, closer look at Brazdeikis' performance. FOA, he improved at D end. In his first G league season he was absolute black hole defensively, like literally...Now I see he moves his ass quite a bit, hustles, his positioning is way improved even if he couldn't get away with few calls duo to extensive hand check, he even handled a bigger and stronger Isaiah Steward in ball fight under the rim in one possession. Still many work has to be put up, but for the first time I see Iggy with defensive motor and at some point I thought he's gonna remain completely trashy defensive player. Now we can see that he wants it and he works on it and he can play some D. To me it's the biggest surprise.

Offensively he did some good and some bad things. Obviously was eager as f...to prove himself so went for some headless drives and wild shots which could only had a dead end. It's good that he showed passion, on other hand I'm wondering wouldn't he be throwing anything and every time he gets a chance at NT level either I like his offensive aggressiveness however, he has huge offensive swagger and we miss such players in our basketball school. If he finds proper balance of it at the high level, it's good news for us, but he shouldn't become a messy chemistry breaker though. In terms of not hesitating to operate offensively he's there with Kleiza and Macijauskas, just give him a chance I love that his agility seems to be convincing even at NBA level. He is 198cm (Grigonis height), but he moves really well with his beefy 100kg frame. I think essentially he can play 2/3 in the NBA quite comfortably. So we can expect more versatile, tougher and more explosive version of Grigonis if he lives up to his potential. Really love those strong drives to either side. That drive to the right and laying up a high off the window with his off hand was nasty. It's a nasty skill when a driver can go to either side. That's why I'm so high on Marciulionis and Iggy offensively, they are equally effective going to both side (while f.e. Velicka, Jokubaitis depends on their strong sides heavily, at least at this point of career).

One good games is not a spring yet, but he is likely to get heavy minutes in upcoming games, let's what he'll bring:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRB9QCm2nY0

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    OK, closer look at Brazdeikis' performance. FOA, he improved at D end. In his first G league season he was absolute black hole defensively, like literally...Now I see he moves his ass quite a bit, hustles, his positioning is way improved....
    An interesting detail is that he was the last (I think) Orlando Magic player to step out onto the floor but the coach then let him play for a whopping 31:35. Not surprising since the game went well for the Magic with Brazdeikis on the court. His +/- of +18 was the best on the team. When adjusted per minutes played only Wendell Carter's +14 in 19:23 of play was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    An interesting detail is that he was the last (I think) Orlando Magic player to step out onto the floor but the coach then let him play for a whopping 31:35. Not surprising since the game went well for the Magic with Brazdeikis on the court. His +/- of +18 was the best on the team. When adjusted per minutes played only Wendell Carter's +14 in 19:23 of play was better.

Again 30 minutes of action. That's a real experience. This time not all of his shots went in, but nevertheless he's really getting his feet wet at NBA level. He is lefty, but he loves to finish with his right in these drives. Again, his defensive positioning is much improved:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwsAgZUjxpY

Exclamation

Hmmmm. Once again Ignas Brazdeikis was the last Magician to venture onto the court, but he ended up with almost the most minutes played. That may have been because the Magic team struggled somewhat less with Brazdeikis on the floor. His +/- of -16 in 30:25 of playing time was the second "best" on the team on a per minute played basis after the -11 of R.J. Hampton in 31:22 of playing time. But then again his PER number was only 1 and his team lost 132-96 so I'm not willing to make any pronouncements upon his game.

Casey on Sirvydis. A message to Jarutis as well and all the big mouths who bashed Sirvydis not really considering the situation more carefully:

“He played over in Europe, played in Israel last year. He’s been around basketball all his life,” Casey said. “He’s one of the better shooters on the team as far as getting his feet set and knocking ’em down. The main thing with him is getting stronger, which he’s done. I’ve told our guys, he’s going to be a player one day. He’s going to be one of those big two/threes who can stretch the floor.

“It’s good to see him get the opportunity,” Dwane Casey said. “Nobody on our team works as hard as Deividas.”

https://www.nba.com/pistons/features...s-future-plans

Without checking the schedule there's pretty good chance this season we will have a night there 4 Lithuanians play 20+ minutes

those 6 worst nba teams is tanking so bad that is funny.Thats seriuos competion is going on who will lose more and will get first 5 picks in 5 men 2021 draft.

Cavs brought back 40 old Vareajo from brasil out of retirement to help them to tank and made that old man run for 20minutes in his first game

i follow nba closely,but players those 6 teams are putting on floor in last week half of them never heard.

So i wouldnt be too high in recent sudden 25min+ jump by Sirvydis and Brazdeikis.

6 GMs made clear orders - find a way to lose.
    Last edited by Shawshank; 05-11-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Exclamation

Cavs brought back 40 old Vareajo from brasil out of retirement to help them to tank and made that old man run for 20minutes in his first game
    They may just be looking to the future. Haven't you heard that forty is the new twenty?

If Casey continues to repeat that Sirvydis gonna be a player one day, we have to believe him. He raised our buy JV

“That’s who he is,” Casey said. “That’s what he does and the more confidence he gets, I think he can knock those down.”

“He’s a kid that really will benefit from the G League and the back and forth, back and forth,” Casey said. “And I don’t know when he’s gonna be a player, but I predict he’s gonna be a player and, and a shooter and score. And he’s a smart player. He makes the right decisions but just needs the experience and for his body to fill out.”

https://www.mlive.com/pistons/2021/0...o-nuggets.html

I admit that at some point of this season I started to doubt Brazdeikis' chances as Knicks let him go and Sixers waved him as well. I thought maybe he does little improvement at D end and basically is barely coachable player, but the last stint we seen changed the perspective substantially. In every game he had some eyes opening defensive stops. The block for Simmons goes as the biggest highlight. Or rotating from the weak side and stopping George Hill. Offensive abilities is off course all what Iggy is about. He has above average size and toughness for his position (swingman). It was really impressive to see how he bullied his way with his drive against Kortmaz and the latter had nothing on him, Iggy is just too sturdy, too big. He also snatches some bad ass rebounds, doesn't shy away from contact. With Iggy ability to put the ball on the flour, to push aggressiveness out of perimeter, he can be a very very important piece for the NT cause we always lacking that kind usually. It won't happen in a night, as he still a little bit raw and wild generally and needs more playing time to get together, but due to his toughness and quite unique skillset he may be an X factor of the NT here and there even this season. I don't care whenever he will be balling in NBA or high level Europe, but now he showed that he's gonna player, and his skillset is very much in need for out BB. I was afraid that he will turn into another Stauskas to some point, but Brazdeikis showed tremendous improvements and his cobination of toughness and skill will allow him to be a player surely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS4t0QTdcvY

Sirvydis also made some nose, dropping down 16pts. As for a guy who followed him closely, I didn't see anything what surprised me, I have no doubt he's gonna be a player, again, no matter if EL or NBA. What I like about Sirvydis most is his flexibility. You don't give me the ball? OK, I'll hustle. You give me the ball? OK, I'll be aggressive. He is a high IQ, flexible, perfect system player who can also explode with aggressiveness if that's what you will ask him. Compared to Brazdeikis he much more off the ball kind of a wing with more expressed shooting profile, but much more able to put the ball on the floor if we compare him with say Rokas Giedraitis (another swigman). Sirvydis used to play some 1 in youth tournament and while he's not particularly a guy who plays with the ball essentially, but he is pretty versatile either. The only issue is that I think he doesn't have absolutely deadly accuracy as it comes to shooting no matter one of the best looking shooting mechanics in BB at the moment. But if he will be able to be 37-39% kind of a shooter, that will do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVKQicrfWBI

With that said, both will be legitimate NT pieces soon, but Brazdeikis more crucial and impactful due to his ability to be one of creators and aggressors from perimeter.

From Canada's The Sports Network(TSN) today:

Indiana Pacers

One stat to watch
    Indiana is led by All-Star big man, Domantas Sabonis, who is set to become the first player in Pacers history to average 20 points, 10 rebounds and five assists per game in a season. He is one of five players to achieve those totals this season. (Giannis Antetokounmpo, Julius Randle, Russell Westbrook and Nikola Jokic are the others.) The issues come with Sabonis' defense: When he is on the court, the Pacers are outscored by 2.1 points per 100 possessions; when he is off the floor, their defensive rating improves from 111.5 to 109.9, so he is a prime candidate for late-game offense-for-defense substitutions.

Their playoff ceiling is ...
    First-round fodder. Given Turner's injury and uncertainty about the future of their first-year head coach in Bjorkgren, merely escaping the play-in tournament would be a surprise. -- Jason Joseph

Memphis Grizzlies'

The Grizzlies improved from last season despite franchise cornerstone Jaren Jackson Jr. sitting out until late April while recovering from meniscus surgery. The spotlight in Memphis always shines on second-year point guard Ja Morant, a rising star with a flair for the spectacular. However, an argument can be made that center Jonas Valančiūnas was the Grizzlies' MVP during the regular season. He averaged 17.1 points per game while ranking third in the league in rebounding (12.5) and double-doubles (49).

Their playoff ceiling is ...
    First-round fodder. While anything can happen in the truncated play-in format, the Grizzlies' season likely ends there for the second consecutive year. -- Tim MacMahon

Last edited by Hepcat; 05-18-2021 at 11:06 PM.

Jokubaitis officially declared for NBA drafts and Velicka is auto eligible (will participate in some workouts in USA). Some projections for Jokubaitis:

ESPN: 43rd
    The Athletic: 34th
    The Ringer: 30th

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324