Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Serbia national team 2014

Quote Originally Posted by christodoulou76 View Post
    A little surprised by Micov and Bjelica listed as 3rd stringers. Also I would think Velickovic would not be a starter on this team. But you know best - great squad any way you look at it!
    ah i didnt put it in that way i mean it doesnt mean that micov and bjelica will be 3rd stringers xD and velickovic probably wont play

Micov's appearance at WC in Spain is at the question cuz of his illness as some sources says

Any new developments/news on the Serb national team?? Can anyone who is from Ex-yugo translate or otherwise post new information. I can't find any good info or talk.

Want to see Serbia's official roster...

and who will not play, you guys have any idea?
    Old Profile: GustavoGanso (Since 2010)

Serbia NT head coach Aleksandar Djordjevic reduced to 20 the names of the players still in race for a spot in FIBA World Cup.
    There are all the players selected in the 2014 NBA Draft.

Vasilije Micić,
    Nemanja Dangubić,
    Novica Veličković,
    Stefan Jović,
    Nikola Kalinić,
    Stefan Birčević,
    Bogdan Bogdanović,
    Marko Simonović,
    Luka Mitrović,
    Vladimir Štimac,
    Miloš Teodosić,
    Vladimir Micov,
    Nenad Krstić,
    Vladimir Lučić,
    Stefan Marković,
    Nemanja Bjelica,
    Miroslav Raduljica,
    Dejan Kravić,
    Ognjen Kuzmić
    Nemanja Nedović.

http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/s...world-cup.html

my thoughts... i am a bit dissapointed and i think that we can not make anything with this roster at WC i think we wont even pass group,i hope im wrong...

I could understand Savanovic or Macvan cut, but why Erceg is out? He had really good season...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    I could understand Savanovic or Macvan cut, but why Erceg is out? He had really good season...
    Erceg is a very poor player

He has some kind of "injury" well some Serbian players always have some kind of "injury" when question about playing for NT pops out...anyway he doesnt even deserve to play for NT because of his behavior to Serbian NT in past,well i dont think he would even fit in that kind of game that our coach wants to play...im more scared cuz of Micov and Lucic i hope they will play ...

Quote Originally Posted by Exitche View Post
    He has some kind of "injury" well some Serbian players always have some kind of "injury" when question about playing for NT pops out...anyway he doesnt even deserve to play for NT because of his behavior to Serbian NT in past,well i dont think he would even fit in that kind of game that our coach wants to play...im more scared cuz of Micov and Lucic i hope they will play ...
    Now it's more clear. Thnx. Anyway, I don't think you should worry too much about Serbia making out of the group. Iran might be tough, but surely Serbia is better. Egypt... well, they aren't good enough

Now it's more clear. Thnx. Anyway, I don't think you should worry too much about Serbia making out of the group. Iran might be tough, but surely Serbia is better. Egypt... well, they aren't good enough
    we will see with right coach we could do alot but im not sure about Djordjevic really...if nothing we have a team for the future i hope...we have very good shooting line,we didnt have shooting line like this since 2002 so i hope for the best...

Novica Velickovic canceled his participation in Serbian NT,Aleksandar Djordjevic said that he is a very dissapointed and that cuz of Novica Velickovic they didnt call Savanovic and Macvan,he also said that he doesnt have "nerve" to call them now,well as we all know Savanovic is a great man and much greater Serb so i hope he will come now

As a Bucks fan I'm really hoping Miroslav has the opportunity to play quality minutes for Serbia. He had some nice moments in Milwaukee last season and the majority of us felt he earned more playing time than he received, especially towards the end of the year. Is it fair to say that his main competition will be Kuzmic for that backup center spot behind Kristic? Rad and Kuzmic actually went at it pretty hard in garbage minutes during a game in Milwaukee last season. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Diesel View Post
    As a Bucks fan I'm really hoping Miroslav has the opportunity to play quality minutes for Serbia. He had some nice moments in Milwaukee last season and the majority of us felt he earned more playing time than he received, especially towards the end of the year. Is it fair to say that his main competition will be Kuzmic for that backup center spot behind Kristic? Rad and Kuzmic actually went at it pretty hard in garbage minutes during a game in Milwaukee last season. Interesting to see how it plays out.
    Yeah probably if Miroslav doesnt cancel his participation in NT he will be 1st backup for Krstic

I'd like to know what Serb fans think of the Group A that they are in? I believe its the hardest Group. Its the clear group of death. What do you guys think would you prefer to be in another group? If so which group would you like to be in and why?

We think that we can win vs every1 in our group with exception of Spain and most of serbian fans actually think that we have to win in this group as much as we can if we want medal...if we cant win vs the best then we dont deserve a medal...you know sooner or later be it in group or knock out stage we have to win if we want results...

Quote Originally Posted by Exitche View Post
    We think that we can win vs every1 in our group with exception of Spain and most of serbian fans actually think that we have to win in this group as much as we can if we want medal...if we cant win vs the best then we dont deserve a medal...you know sooner or later be it in group or knock out stage we have to win if we want results...
    I think Serbs can win a medal this year they are bringing all the top guns. Teo, Bog Bog, Kristic etc... I say LTU or USA vs Serbia for bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by Raze Lupin View Post
    I think Serbs can win a medal this year they are bringing all the top guns. Teo, Bog Bog, Kristic etc... I say LTU or USA vs Serbia for bronze.
    we will know if we can win a medal at the end of this month...

Quote Originally Posted by Raze Lupin View Post
    Your kidding ?

Since Macvan,Savanovic, Erceg and Velicnkovic aren't playing we have no PF that is even good enough to play EL. At SF Micov and Lucic are injured and it's a big question will they play.
    When it comes to guards Bogdanovic had a good year but so far he has showed that he can't play good if he doesn't have ball in his hands all the time and that's not going to happen with Teodosic on the court and since Milosavljevic ( only Serbian player who can play great without ball in his hands ) is injured we will be terrible if BB and Teodosic do not find the way to play together and might even not pass the group stage.

Also having Djordjevic as a coach and Muta Nikolic as his advisor isn't something that gives confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball fan View Post
    Your kidding ?

Since Macvan,Savanovic, Erceg and Velicnkovic aren't playing we have no PF that is even good enough to play EL. At SF Micov and Lucic are injured and it's a big question will they play.
    When it comes to guards Bogdanovic had a good year but so far he has showed that he can't play good if he doesn't have ball in his hands all the time and that's not going to happen with Teodosic on the court and since Milosavljevic ( only Serbian player who can play great without ball in his hands ) is injured we will be terrible if BB and Teodosic do not find the way to play together and might even not pass the group stage.

Also having Djordjevic as a coach and Muta Nikolic as his advisor isn't something that gives confidence.
    About Muta Nikolic he was also advisore when we won gold medal 1998 and 1996 at olympics and 1997 at Eurobasket,as for other i agree with you who knows what will happen at the end we have atleast much better team than last year Micov will probably play but i dont know what will be with Lucic,Savanovic isnt playing that good anymore i dont say he isnt good or that he is too old but i think Macvan is much better option but since Velickovic(he is also bad player) wont play i would call Macvan and Erceg i hope...i hope atleast Savanovic will come cuz its also good for him ...i hope djordjevic will call two of them i dont know i have a bad feelign about this ...

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball fan View Post
    Your kidding ?

Also having Djordjevic as a coach and Muta Nikolic as his adviser isn't something that gives confidence.
    smiri se bre.

Seriously Srbija will pass the group stage. Serbs are better than Iran and Egypt.

Why don't you like the coach and adviser?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast