Israeli BSL format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israeli BSL format

hello everybody, i'm new here and i wanted to ask you about the format of the israeli league regular season since even wikipedia doesn't explains it.
    my question is what's winners league and losers league? my guess is that after the first 22 regular season games the first four teams play each other in the winner league (how many times one vs. another?) and the rest of the league plays the losers league for the 4 spots in the playoffs (again how many times one vs. another?). then the first 4 in each league crosses for the playoffs. am i right in my guessing? thanks for the answers
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

Originally posted by AliG View Post
    hello everybody, i'm new here and i wanted to ask you about the format of the israeli league regular season since even wikipedia doesn't explains it.
    my question is what's winners league and losers league? my guess is that after the first 22 regular season games the first four teams play each other in the winner league (how many times one vs. another?) and the rest of the league plays the losers league for the 4 spots in the playoffs (again how many times one vs. another?). then the first 4 in each league crosses for the playoffs. am i right in my guessing? thanks for the answers
    You are right.

1-4 plays against each other twice.
    rest of the teams plays against each other once. (last place after this round is relegated to 2nd divison).

OTR FINAL - best of 5 series:
    1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5

Semi final- best of 5 series

winners of QTR finals

Final- 2 games(Home&away), in case of a win to each team the total differences will decide

IMO, it's a shame the final is 2 games instead of best of 3/5 series.

Comment

Originally posted by ran222 View Post
      You are right.

1-4 plays against each other twice.
      rest of the teams plays against each other once. (last place after this round is relegated to 2nd divison).

OTR FINAL - best of 5 series:
      1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5

Semi final- best of 5 series

winners of QTR finals

Final- 2 games(Home&away), in case of a win to each team the total differences will decide
      thanks for the reply

IMO, it's a shame the final is 2 games instead of best of 3/5 series.
      i don't like either the mixed format for the playoff but the finals in 2 games looks like a real bullcrap! personally i like the NBA 7 games format (maybe with 82 games in the reg season, the 7 games-series are a little too much but you know they have to sell the product no matter what) and the elimination like the Ncaa tournament (but this format not always rewards the best team) but a consistent 5 games serie through the playoffs is my ideal format.
      "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information