Eurobasket 2015 will be held in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurobasket 2015 will be held in?

It looks like FIBA Europe will take away the championship from Ukraine.
    They have been running late with works on halls anyway and now with russians attacking it is only a matter of time the championship will be taken away from them.

according to some sources Greece could get it instead.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Originally posted by Picek View Post
    It looks like FIBA Europe will take away the championship from Ukraine.
    They have been running late with works on halls anyway and now with russians attacking it is only a matter of time the championship will be taken away from them.

according to some sources Greece could get it instead.
    I thought Greece and money does not get along these days... Are they capable of doing this (money-wise)? Or will Germany be the main sponsor ?
    Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

Originally posted by Z.A.L.I.A. View Post
      I thought Greece and money does not get along these days... Are they capable of doing this (money-wise)? Or will Germany be the main sponsor ?
      If Greece as a state has financial issues that doesn't neccesarily mean Greek basketball federation wouldn't be able to organise it as they're obviously different entities. Howeve I doubt the federation would do that, especially since Fiba is demanding more € with every eurobasket and they've already pulled out of WC14 wild card race as they've considered paying for that would be ethicaly questionable considering the state of Greek economy, if I understood correctly and if I did, props to them.

Some Slovenian site is repeatedly mentioning France being the most interested in replacing Ukraine. COme to think about it, since Parker said he intends to play in 2015, that's a great oppurtunity for them to say farewell to a part of a great generation.
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
        If Greece as a state has financial issues that doesn't neccesarily mean Greek basketball federation wouldn't be able to organise it as they're obviously different entities.
        Usually basketball federations heavily depend on a country. Especially when it comes to international events. It is hard for me to imagine any basketball federation in Europe that could live on its own, i.e., without money injection from the country. Considering that Greece as a country has serious issues with money, I doubt that the federation could organize any big international event in there (I'm talking about the nearest future only). Anyway, if they can afford it - why not. Greece is a beautiful country. Good luck for them.
        Last edited by Miškinis; 03-04-2014, 06:02 PM.

Comment

i would like to see it in some scandinavian country Sweden,Norway,Finland or something like that :P
          Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

According to Krepšinis.net both Poland and Czech Republic wants to organize the event. Also according to the article, Ukraine has already paid 4 millions of euros for the event. Therefore Poland suggests to allow for Ukraine to organize only games of one group. The rest would be played in both Poland and Czech Republic. As a result the event would be organized by: Poland, Czech Republic and Ukraine.
            Last edited by Miškinis; 03-04-2014, 07:52 PM.

Comment

If true, that would be sad.
              Poland could make sense as replacement; after all they were partners with Ukraine in 2012 Euro Football Champ, however they had organized the Eurobasket in 2009.
              5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                If true, that would be sad.
                Poland could make sense as replacement; after all they were partners with Ukraine in 2012 Euro Football Champ, however they had organized the Eurobasket in 2009.
                I think that's a bit too soon to host it again in 6 years period, while honestly I am not the biggest fan of more countries sharing the eurobasket, unless the standards for organising it get raised to the level that such option would become the only viable way for some smaller countries to host it.

My guess would be France, Turkey or Italy might make a serious run, Spain is hosting WC and is likely out due to it, Slovenia, Lithuania, Poland were the last 3 organisers and wouldn't make sense unless there would be no options left, Greek federation made a stance on WC tickets that might make them reconsider paying all that money to FIba, I don't think Germans changed their point of view after the run for 2015 EC either, I'd love to see it next door in Croatia which already has better infrastructure than a lot of the upper mentioned, although that's not really likely...

@Zalia, you've got some valid points there
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Exitche View Post
                  i would like to see it in some scandinavian country Sweden,Norway,Finland or something like that :P
                  You would not. F.e. beer is something like 7-10€ in Helsinki and if I remember right it was 13€ or 14€ in ice hockey games. Cheapest hotel is something like 125€/night. No one from real basketball countries would travel to Finland. In Hockey, game tickets were 250€ for one game! Last summer Finland played basketball game against UK and cheapest tickets were 55€. For me it's much more cheaper to travel Slovenia/Lithuania/Poland/where ever than stay in home.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtyh View Post
                    You would not. F.e. beer is something like 7-10€ in Helsinki and if I remember right it was 13€ or 14€ in ice hockey games. Cheapest hotel is something like 125€/night. No one from real basketball countries would travel to Finland. In Hockey, game tickets were 250€ for one game! Last summer Finland played basketball game against UK and cheapest tickets were 55€. For me it's much more cheaper to travel Slovenia/Lithuania/Poland/where ever than stay in home.
                    No wonder you the Fins have so many traveling fans.
                    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Looks like France is gearing up as a lead candidate.

Sacramento Kings
                      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

It's no secret here that the Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania) together with Finland have unofficially discussed the possibility of a joint bid. The original idea for the Baltic States was to aim the 2017 EC, but now they are discussing whether they are able to host it two years earlier.
                        Live long Baltic States!

Comment

Serbia will also apply
                          Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtyh View Post
                            I would like Finland too, but 55 Euros ...

I have changed my mind I vote for Serbia - Nis/Vrsac
                            4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Comment

candidate which lost to Ukraine was that of France, Germany, Italy and Croatia together where city in each of the countries would host a group in first phase..
                              our federation confirmed that we are ready..
                              also, they are stating that FIBA should first contact the candidate which lost to Ukraine and discuss the possibility of hosting the championship..

edit: it looks like nothing will happen from that idea since Croatia and France will try to get it alone..
                              yes,
                              Last edited by Picek; 03-20-2014, 10:31 PM.
                              "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information