CentroBasket 2014 @ Mexico
    8/1 Puerto Rico 88 - 72 Bahamas
    8/2 Puerto Rico 97 - 64 US Virgin Islands
    8/3 Puerto Rico 93 - 58 El Salvador
    8/5 Puerto Rico 65 - 75 Mexico
    8/6 Puerto Rico 78 - 73 Dominican Republic
    8/7 Puerto Rico 60 - 74 Mexico

Friendly
    8/14 Puerto Rico 95 - 64 Angola (@Bilbao)
    8/16 Puerto Rico 66 - 77 Turkey (@Belgrade)
    8/17 Puerto Rico 97 - 87 Argentina (@Belgrade)
    8/22 Puerto Rico 86 - 112 United States (@New York)
    8/27 .vs. Turkey (@Madrid)

Basketball World Cup 2014 @ Spain
    8/30 .vs. Argentina
    8/31 .vs. Senegal
    9/1 .vs. Greece
    9/3 .vs. Phillipines
    9/4 .vs. Croatia
    Last edited by J-Mart; 08-27-2014, 01:29 AM.
    sigpic

I would like to see how Maurice Harkless will fit in with PR.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
      I would like to see how Maurice Harkless will fit in with PR.
      http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com...-orlando-magic
      I think he'll fit in nicely. He doesn't seem to command the ball much as he is not a great shooter. He plays good defense and has good energy too. I think he'll fit in great.

We have some good talent from where Coach Olmos can choose from... Ricky Ledo is another kid that might join the team too as well as Shabazz Napier. If they join it'll be up to the coach to manage egos and make it work. Im confident he can make them blend into a team and take PR back to the top 10 in the rankings and hopefully a great presentation in this WC.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mart View Post
        CentroBasket 2014 @ Mexico
        TBD

Basketball World Cup 2014 @ Spain
        8/30 .vs. Argentina
        8/31 .vs. Senegal
        9/1 .vs. Greece
        9/3 .vs. Phillipines
        9/4 .vs. Croatia
        Esta bastante bien distribuido el itinerario. Tenemos Dificil/regular/dificil/regular/dificil... I hope we can do good in this tourney, we need to get out of the first round... We will jump up the ranking if we do since we didn't make it out of the 1st round in 06. I believe we can do it, like I said I think the most important game for us I believe is Argentina. If we can win that one game, it'll make life a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by HGCOLLAZO View Post
          I think he'll fit in nicely. He doesn't seem to command the ball much as he is not a great shooter. He plays good defense and has good energy too. I think he'll fit in great.

We have some good talent from where Coach Olmos can choose from... Ricky Ledo is another kid that might join the team too as well as Shabazz Napier. If they join it'll be up to the coach to manage egos and make it work. Im confident he can make them blend into a team and take PR back to the top 10 in the rankings and hopefully a great presentation in this WC.
          Thanks for the info. From a couple of Orlando games I watched, Harkless is a good utility player that can play SF and PF if needed. Good to hear more and more NBA players are potential players for the national team.
          Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
            Thanks for the info. From a couple of Orlando games I watched, Harkless is a good utility player that can play SF and PF if needed. Good to hear more and more NBA players are potential players for the national team.
            You are welcome! I'm no expert though

But I do believe that PR has a bright future. We have a lot of 2nd and 3rd generation boricuas living abroad, almost more than in the island itself, so that gives us a large pool of where to choose talent. The staff, however, needs to be careful of not adding players just for the sake of it. They need to consider chemistry and egos. I'm all in for the talent, but they need to be cautious about who they ask to join. As for Harkless, I think he'll be great! How long have we wanted a real SF? He has great potential.

I think we can get a really good team for this Upcoming WC...

We could have 3 star PG's in Arroyo, Barea and Shabazz Napier.
            SG David Huertas and Holland
            SF Harkless and Galindo (I don't know what's going on with Vassallo)
            PF Balkman, Nathan Peavy and Ricky Sanchez
            C PJ Ramos and Daniel Santiago

Angel Alamo, Richard Chaney, Matt Lopez, Carlos Lopez, Larry Ayuso...

Not to mention Devon Collier and Ricardo Ledo...

So much to say that the WC can't get here soon enough!!!!

Comment

From what I saw in last year's FIBA Americas, Balkman spent most of his playing time at "C" position matching mainly with Ricky Sanchez at PF. Good thought by Olmos, undersized centers have lot of success in international basketball/euroleague (Mike Batiste, Kyle Hines, Joey Dorsey, Marcus Slaughter, Bryant Dunston, Shawn James, Alex Tyus), especially when they are matched with a tall, long and good shooter PF. Also, Balkman at C, helps Arroyo and Barea to run pick n roll in a much more efficient way.

If Olmos thinks the way above, I don't see any room for both Ramos and Santiago in the team.

I ve heard that Olmos had a meeting with Peavy last December. Peavy is eager to play for the NT, that's why he signed with Bayamon. Let's hope he is in a good shape, he hasn't played a single game since September 2012.
              Last edited by sixama23; 02-06-2014, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sixama23 View Post
                From what I saw in last year's FIBA Americas, Balkman spent most of his playing time at "C" position matching mainly with Ricky Sanchez at PF. Good thought by Olmos, undersized centers have lot of success in international basketball/euroleague (Mike Batiste, Kyle Hines, Joey Dorsey, Marcus Slaughter, Bryant Dunston, Shawn James, Alex Tyus), especially when they are matched with a tall, long and good shooter PF. Also, Balkman at C, helps Arroyo and Barea to run pick n roll in a much more efficient way.

If Olmos thinks the way above, I don't see any room for both Ramos and Santiago in the team.

I ve heard that Olmos had a meeting with Peavy last December. Peavy is eager to play for the NT, that's why he signed with Bayamon. Let's hope he is in a good shape, he hasn't played a single game since September 2012.

Yes, Balkman had a lot of success as C, his speed, vertical jump and never say never attitude helped him excel as a C. I placed him as a PF just to fill out a roster spot.

As for Ramos and Santiago, they are in regardless. This will technically be Santiago's farewell tourney. Besides, it doesn't hurt to have a 7 footer with good basketball IQ. Ramos is another story. He is "good" but he seems to be stuck as an eternal project. He never really develop into what everyone in the island was hoping, but still in a tourney such as this one there will be times were he'll be needed. At the very least, with his height he'll alter a couple of shots and discourage a few others.

Peavy, man I hope he is ready, him and Balkman form a great combination when they play together, they aren't scared of anybody, they fight every board, they'll give it all in the court and the energy with which they play will pump up the rest of the team!!!

Comment

I have serious doubts about how much a lock Ramos is on this team.
                  It would not surprise me to see a frontcourt of Balkman/Peavy/Harkless/Sanchez/Santiago

Galindo and Ledo at SF
                  Huertas and Holland at SG
                  Arroyo, Barea and A-Rod at PG
                  Last edited by J-Mart; 02-06-2014, 11:23 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Im not so certain either, but I think that we DEFINITELY need one of them... We cant go to the WC w/o a true C.

Ledo is no Lock to join the team at this point since he hasn't publicly committed (to my knowledge) but it'll be some pleasant news if he does. As for the 3rd PG on the team, unless Napier gets drafted early, I believe that Andres will get it. But if Napier gets drafted early in the NBA draft and he commits to the team, he could very well play and be the 3rd PG...

Comment

Im not so certain either, but I think that we DEFINITELY need one of them... We cant go to the WC w/o a true C.

Ledo is no Lock to join the team at this point since he hasn't publicly committed (to my knowledge) but it'll be some pleasant news if he does. As for the 3rd PG on the team, unless Napier gets drafted early, I believe that Andres will get it. But if Napier gets drafted early in the NBA draft and he commits to the team, he could very well play and be the 3rd PG...
                      I dont think we need another shooting-first PG...
                      sigpic

Comment

and PR wants to play France in a friendly...
                        sigpic

Comment

But I do believe that PR has a bright future. We have a lot of 2nd and 3rd generation boricuas living abroad, almost more than in the island itself, so that gives us a large pool of where to choose talent. The staff, however, needs to be careful of not adding players just for the sake of it. They need to consider chemistry and egos. I'm all in for the talent, but they need to be cautious about who they ask to join. As for Harkless, I think he'll be great! How long have we wanted a real SF? He has great potential.

looks like you are fully loaded from the list you can still form a competitive Team B.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mart View Post
                            and PR wants to play France in a friendly...
                            That'll be great... I read the article in Primerahora.com and hope it happens. Seria tremendo para el equipo, Francia es en mi opinion uno de los 2 mejores europeos.

Comment

Kevin Young, Mike Rosario, Piwi Garcia, Edwin Ubiles

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information