Betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betting thread

I don't think we have a topic like this, so maybe it's time to open it. I didn't bet for a long time, but recently Betandwin gave me some birthday bonus, so I decided to go for it. Last week was decent, but weekend was much worst - even if I had a good ideas like betting for Lakers against Mavs, Climamio against Benetton, Getafe not losing, Arsenal winning, Siena winning in Armani... this usually was mixed with other picks, and everything went down.

Hopefully mid-week will be more succesfull, I will be posting my bets here (first one will be probably later) and I am always looking for a ideas, especially from a guys who have better eyes for a national leagues and knows more about up and downs of the local teams.
    Why you should going out to get a hamburger, if you can get steak at home?

Okay, it's time to make some bets. Some interesting games for today:

"Suicide Games"
    Hemofarm vs Brose Bamberg (5.50/1) (ULEB CUP) - Hemofarm will be without a few key players and they already advanced, so Bamberg is not without chances
    Maroussi vs Azovmash (3.80/1 - earlier it was 5.70/1) - Maroussi is good at home, but Azomvash has really powerful roster and a they are waaaay underestimated, at list at bwin.com...
    Lokomotiv Rostov vs Panionos (3.20/1) - Panionos is good enough for me to have some chances to win in Russia
    Telindus Oostende vs Hapoel Jerusalem (3.00/1) - Hapoel is so unstable this year, they don't necessary have to win in Belgium, this group is very balanced.

"Normal games"
    Anwil vs Besiktas (2.10/1) - Besiktas still have some chances to advance, and coach of Anwil wants to test some players he has in the roster, I don't think you can win with Pelkic or Otasevic against Besiktas...
    Snaidero Udine vs BC Ventspils (1.50/1) - Ventspils game depends too much of 3-pointers, this causes some problems for them at road, Snaidero should win it.
    Alba Berlin vs Khimki Moscow (1.90/1) - I can't stand the way Alba is playing (I really like some of their players though), and I think it's a good occasion for Khimki to finally win a road game...

Any other opinions? Pick? Predictions?
    Last edited by woma; 01-09-2007, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by woma

Any other opinions? Pick? Predictions?
      I must say I'm looking for a russian win in Madrid tonight..
      odds are around 3,6-3,9
      Real without Hamilton and Mumbru will have a tough task against Lavrinovic bros..
      Tunceri is doubtfull for the game tonight and Raul Lopez is coming back after an injury with only few trainings..
      during the weekend Real almost blew a 25 point lead at home against joventut eventhough Joventut played without Bennet and Fernandez for most of the second half since both of them sustained injuries during the game..
      they would have probably lost the game if it was a minute or two longer.

eventhough it is far away from being a sure pick 'cause Uniks didn't impress in their away games, they've won against belgian and dutch club but they've lost in Greece and in Serbia i think there is some value in these odds on Uniks..
      also I took a spread +9 on Uniks at thegreek.com

and same as you I'm with Bamberg tonight..
      no Topić who was suspended by the club yesterday, no Joksimović 'cause of injury no Marković 'cause of injury.
      Plisnić can't play tonight 'cause he already played in Uleb cup this season for Oostende..
      Bakić and Savović are long term injured..
      according to Bamberg's homepage Hamman will make his debut tonight, Ensminger is out..
      and while Hemofarm already qualified for the second round Bamberg can still make it in theory so they desperately need a win tonight..
      don't know if they can do it, but if they can't do it tonight then they never will...
      also besides ML I took a spread +11,5..

basicly that's it for me..
      maybe some small stakes on Anwil and on Dexia (spread +15,5)..
      "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

I was thinking about Uniks, but they had to play on sunday in Moscow, and they also looked terrible for me in that game. I bet on them during the weekend and I was very disappointed, not only in losing money, but also in what they show having so strong roster, I can't call them a team after that game...

Comment

I was thinking about Uniks, but they had to play on sunday in Moscow, and they also looked terrible for me in that game. I bet on them during the weekend and I was very disappointed, not only in losing money, but also in what they show having so strong roster, I can't call them a team after that game...
          usually big teams now how to bounce back after a bad game..
          I guess we will see if they can be called a big team..
          btw. I don't think losing to Dynamo can be called a disaster especially since Dynamo finally looks like a team who won ULEB cup last year..
          but I didn't watch the game so..
          "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

I agree with most of the picks, i would also add Montepaschi. Lukoil is very tough at home court, but i don`t think a two-headed monster in the frontcourt of Mate Skelin and Georgij Cekovski will be enough to compensate for Siena`s superior backcourt.
            My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

Anwil vs Besiktas (2.10/1) - Besiktas still have some chances to advance, and coach of Anwil wants to test some players he has in the roster, I don't think you can win with Pelkic or Otasevic against Besiktas...
              Woma I think that you will have problems with this game, Anwil play today good basket, but we will see FT result

Comment

I find betting on Basketball matches much more difficult as with some other sports! Maybe because there are almost only two possible reulst (win and loose) or maybe the matches are not so predictable (as in football sometimes). Especially difficult is to bet on many matches simultaniously, because you can't bet on 1 or 0 type

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information