No announcement yet.

Top Lithuanian Coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to Garastas - į am pretty sure he was a head coach of that ex USSR team that we played in 1992 Olimpics , and he managed to lead them to silver in 1990 WC?
    Worth mentioning too that. Kazlauskas went to win medals with Greece NT as well in EC? Not to mention that he is highly regarded in China ?
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

So yesterday I was reading an interview with Rimas Kurtinaitis which had me admiring his style as a coach. Asked about Artūras Gudaitis, Coach Kurtinaitis responded with these comments:

"Gudaitis' agent phoned me. Normally I don't like to communicate through intermediaries, but what can you do when you're dealing with such an important personage? I'd like to see Gudaitis join the team tomorrow in Klaipėda because I don't see any reason why he'd need to rest. He didn't play much in the championships. But we'll see, maybe he has other plans.

He had some good games and some that weren't so good in the tournament. It's tough to draw any conclusions about his play. Certainly he's progressed since unlike last year he made the team and even got to play some this year.

Clearly he's got the talent. If he's disciplined, puts in the effort and wants to play, he can develop into a good basketball player. I think we can help him in that regard.

He's got a lot to learn though."

Now today I read that Vilnius has sold Gudaitis' contract to Emporio Armani of Milan. So while Kurtinaitis may be the kind of sarcastic tough-minded coach I can respect and admire, is he just completely out of the loop at Rytas? If so I have to wonder how he's going to manage to lead the club to any trophy case augmenting victories.

Last edited by Hepcat; 09-13-2017, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Jasikevicius said in interview he isnt very interested in chance to coach NT team,because summer time is for his family and his young kids.Kurtinaitis said most likely he will be too old to coach in 2021 at age of 61,he will not have enough energy.Kazlauskas is even older by 6 years than Rimas and will retire from coaching very soon.

So after Adomaitis 2019-2020 run that i believe wont end very well for us...Who will be our next NT coach?

Federation should do everything thats possible to try Saras change his mind if not... the only other option is Maskvytis.I also atleast would try to think about Matkevicius possibility.Benas was with nt team for 5 years already and is learning on daily basis from one of the best basketball minds in recent era B.Stevens.

Ofcourse if he still go fanatic and think only about lithuanian coaches.

Comment

It's too soon to tell. It's only the start of 2018. Jasikevicius expressed his current position, no-one knows what he will think after 3 years in 2021. Besides, I think he didn't want to make a pressure to Adomaitis and current NT. Imagine if he had said "yeah, I want to coach NT"...Fans would start chanting "GTFO Adomaitis" instantly.

O notice you always misspelling MaKsvytis name. He's not that trashy Soviet car Maskvytis I actually would want him after Adomaitis if Jasikevicius won't be available.

Matkevicius doesn't have coaching experience. He is a scout. I mean he never worked with any club as an assistant or anything. IMO, he doesn't have authority and experience for such position.
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
            It's too soon to tell. It's only the start of 2018. Jasikevicius expressed his current position, no-one knows what he will think after 3 years in 2021. Besides, I think he didn't want to make a pressure to Adomaitis and current NT. Imagine if he had said "yeah, I want to coach NT"...Fans would start chanting "GTFO Adomaitis" instantly.

O notice you always misspelling MaKsvytis name. He's not that trashy Soviet car Maskvytis I actually would want him after Adomaitis if Jasikevicius won't be available.

Matkevicius doesn't have coaching experience. He is a scout. I mean he never worked with any club as an assistant or anything. IMO, he doesn't have authority and experience for such position.
            Urbonas in the consideration list, no? Juventus doing good job so far don't you think?

Comment

I guess you folks are still under an illusion that we have another world class coach apart from ancient Kazlauskas lol... Let me sink something into your wondering minds - neither Jasikevicius (who's unproven on the world stage), nor Adomaitis or any other coach are NOT world class material coaches. Until Jasikevicius proves what Kazlauskas proved in the late 90's and early 00's by winning Euroleague and almost beating Team USA in the Olympics with a bunch of scared young kids, I'm not gonna take this guy seriously. Looking good in an expensive suit and posing as an emotionally invested psycho from the bench is not gonna score any reliability points for me I'm afraid

Comment

Jasikevicius not only expressed his opinion ,but also rejected federation offer to become a coach of nt after 2016 olympics.Jasikevicius was first federation option not Adomaitis.So that definetely not only ale not make pressure for Dainius.He has his motives very clear usually and it do not change over night.Especially if fiba and euroleague war continiuos.I imagine Jasikevicius sees himself coaching big euroleague team in a very near future.Saras is not the person who want to fight for 7-8 spots every season, he is a champion he want to fight for spots in euroleague finals.Right now situation is if you coach euroleague club no chance to coach any nt team.That also makes things even harder .

Matkevicius under adomaitis is not a scout anymore he is main assistant .He was scout under kazlauskas, but he was main men that was working with all game preparations.I wouldnt suprised at all one day see Benas head coach of our nt team.Even in interview he expressed that he sees himself as a coach in future.You learn in nba such things you wont learn in europe look at Kokoskov example of Slovenia nt team.He never was main coach of any club, only coach at summers Georgia nt team and was working in nba.

Maksvytis is maybe alittle bit better option than Adomaitis, but he far from perfect coach and im neptunas fan.Jasikevicius would be superrior by alot.Especially if get to coach one of the elite euroleague teams.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                  I guess you folks are still under an illusion that we have another world class coach apart from ancient Kazlauskas lol... Let me sink something into your wondering minds - neither Jasikevicius (who's unproven on the world stage), nor Adomaitis or any other coach are NOT world class material coaches. Until Jasikevicius proves what Kazlauskas proved in the late 90's and early 00's by winning Euroleague and almost beating Team USA in the Olympics with a bunch of scared young kids, I'm not gonna take this guy seriously. Looking good in an expensive suit and posing as an emotionally invested psycho from the bench is not gonna score any reliability points for me I'm afraid
                  It doesn't matter whether you take him seriously or not. Before him Zalgiris was a trash team in Euroleague. Now it's clearly a very solid top8 Euroleague team who beat and look better than many richier teams. He always argues with the referees and he did the same when he played, but he's a stong personality and he understunds this game very well. It was obvious when he was a player and it's the same now. Some top teams like Barca already wanted to sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
                    It doesn't matter whether you take him seriously or not. Before him Zalgiris was a trash team in Euroleague. Now it's clearly a very solid top8 Euroleague team who beat and look better than many richier teams. He always argues with the referees and he did the same when he played, but he's a stong personality and he understunds this game very well. It was obvious when he was a player and it's the same now. Some top teams like Barca already wanted to sign him.
                    listen, I could care less about his personality of lack of it for that sake of the matter - the only thing I care about is can he bring Team Lietuva to the podium finish again like coach Kazlauskas did before? And until he proves me that, no amount of wins in the local championship or some random Euroleague wins are gonna change my opinion of him. Judging from my own unbiased perspective, he's still unproven on the biggest stage. Can he handle stars like JV, D-Mo in the national team context? How are these guys gonna react to his unorthodox emotional coaching style? Remember, it's one thing to yell your lungs out at some young LKL player and a completely different thing to do that to an accomplished star like JV, D-Mo or Sabonis for that matter

Comment

listen, I could care less about his personality of lack of it for that sake of the matter - the only thing I care about is can he bring Team Lietuva to the podium finish again like coach Kazlauskas did before? And until he proves me that, no amount of wins in the local championship or some random Euroleague wins are gonna change my opinion of him. Judging from my own unbiased perspective, he's still unproven on the biggest stage. Can he handle stars like JV, D-Mo in the national team context? How are these guys gonna react to his unorthodox emotional coaching style? Remember, it's one thing to yell your lungs out at some young LKL player and a completely different thing to do that to an accomplished star like JV, D-Mo or Sabonis for that matter
                      So Adomaitis can handle JV, while Jasikevicius won't? Get serious max. JV was pissing his pants having a chance to play with Saras while 19yo and rightly so. He acted like should have.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                      Murauskas, Sirvydis
                      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                        So Adomaitis can handle JV, while Jasikevicius won't? Get serious max. JV was pissing his pants having a chance to play with Saras while 19yo and rightly so. He acted like should have.
                        where did I claim that Adomaitis can handle JV?
                        Last time I checked Adomaitis lost a playoff game to Greece as a favorite in his first stint as a head coach - that pretty much confirms that he can't handle the biggest stage or stars for that matter. That still doesn't mean that Sharas can do any better though

Comment

Or Kemzura. Or Sireika. They are not great coaches, but could bring Lithuania to medals. Kazlauskas did a huge job, but he had some failures as well. It's too hard to tell about NT. Saras also doesn't seem to be enthusiastic about NT.

P.S. How about Kokoskov, who brought Slovenia to gold medals not being a head coach before at all (Only some time with Georgian NT)? As i said, it's too hard to tell about NT.

Comment

where did I claim that Adomaitis can handle JV?
                            Last time I checked Adomaitis lost a playoff game to Greece as a favorite in his first stint as a head coach - that pretty much confirms that he can't handle the biggest stage or stars for that matter. That still doesn't mean that Sharas can do any better though
                            He didn't have any issues with JV who played more or less up to his level. Adomaitis' mistakes lied elsewhere. The way he projected the backourt, he had little chance to cross 4finals.

Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

What are they , your " world class coaches" ? Who are they exactly ? Do you have names and such ? Do they even exist the way you described the definition ? World class material ? How many of them are there ?
                              And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

There is a good chance that Jasikevicius will win coach of the year award in euroleague. But mad max knows better, its just europe, its not world class.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information