Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Prokom Trefl and Asseco Prokom Gdynia respectively?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Prokom Trefl and Asseco Prokom Gdynia respectively?

Can someone explain it to me?

There was a Prokom Trefl. Then it became Asseco Prokom Gdynia.

Now Asseco Prokom Gdynia doesn't exist, there exists Asseco Gdynia?

I would like to learn what happened

Just sponsorship names is my guess

But then again there is no word in those names that comes back in all names of the club...

Is the real name Asseco? Prokom? Gdynia?

Kind of weird
    THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Maybe some Polish or who remembers the situation better will correct me, but at first it was Prokom Trefl (from Sopot city), then when the club increased budget, became more ambitious, Asseco came as sponsor, started to participate in EL, it moved to neighbourhood city Gdynia (bigger arena and etc) and became Asseco Prokom Gdynia. Currently as I understood Prokom isn't sponsoring it anymore, so just Asseco Gdynia.
      Also when club moved to Gdynia, Sopot fans were obviously unhappy and founded new club Trefl Sopot. So now there're two different clubs in area - Asseco Gdynia and Trefl Sopot, both participates in Polish league

Comment

Oh, so weird.
        Polish basketball lost its great years IMO.

There was a Slask Wroclaw I remember... they were dangerous and defeated Ulker or Efes, don't remember well. Also Prokom Trefl Sopot was not that bad.

Now they have only 1 team in Europe this year. Maybe the global crisis decreased the budgets of Polish teams.

I would like to see Slask, Wloclawek, Turow, Trefl again... wish there was Prokom.

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information