This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French Pro A 2013/2014

Hi, i see this French page is bit neglected!

Please help me spread my knowledge of French basketball, share you own!

Last year Nanterre was big surprise for me, i see them as TOP 3 team again this year, along with Strasbourg. I also like Asvel and Cholet! And Antibes does not belong here in my opinion.

Do anyone knows exact team budgets, any good informations, and of course your opinion, please post!

Welcome on the forum I'm not exactly fluent with what's going on in French league, but budgets are available in this thread.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Thank you very much , i'm glad to be here

And thanks for this, its really intersting, Nanterre in Euroleague, and still just mediocore budget!

Comment

Nanterre got beaten preatty hard by Partizan tonight in Pionir, Belgrade. Shut down completely!

Comment

And the MVP of the all-star game is ...

The guy who won the lottery twice. First he got randomly selected among the 12000 spectators, and then, that happened :

100000 euros for him, a cheering arena and the best players in the country around him congratuling him. This guy got a merry Christmas.

For the record, the players who played the ASG :

Frenchmen
          Starting 5 : Andrew Albicy (Paris-Levallois), Edwin Jackson (ASVEL), Nobel Boungou-Colo (Limoges), Florent Pietrus (Nancy) et Alexis Ajinça (Strasbourg).
          Bench : Antoine Diot (Strasbourg), David Denave (Pau-Lacq-Orthez), Charles Kahudi (Le Mans), Jérémy Leloup (Strasbourg), Amara Sy (ASVEL), Adrien Moerman (Limoges) et Johan Passave-Ducteil (Nanterre).

Ajinca was replaced by Jaiteh (Nanterre) since he came back to the NBA

Foreigners :
          Starting 5 : Taurean Green (Limoges), A.J. Slaughter (Chalon), Austin Nichols (Nancy), J.K. Edwards (Limoges) et Randal Falker (Nancy).
          Bench : Trenton Meacham (Nanterre), Kyle McAlarney (Orléans), Anthony Dobbins (Dijon), David Lighty (Nanterre), Brian Greene (Orléans), Lamayn Wilson (Cholet) et Ahmad Nivins (Pau-Lacq-Orthez).

Albicy won the guards contests while Corrosine won the 3 pointers contest for the third time.

Comment

No other French Pro-A threads hidden around the forums?

Comment

I am afraid not.
              I've got a feeling a lot of interbasket forum readers are a bit shy or unconfident with their english level, even if they shouldn't be.
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Shy, not really, not much to say though.
                French bball clubs have been on a steady decline on the european scene for the past decade. Every year a different champion, every year ousted from Euroleague before Top 16. Mediocre results in Eurocup and this year, in Eurochallenge too. And the level of play in Pro A is sometimes abysmal.
                '93 is twenty years ago but seems to me like a century ago, just like the Pau - Asvel period.
                So what to make of this year. Well, as of now, you have something like 11 out 16 teams within two wins so try and and guess who's gonna be champion. Heck, try and guess who's gonna be in the playoffs. So business as usual and as much as I'd like to see a team emerge from this swamp, you can roll the dice. Maybe Paris Levallois will somehow emerge if PSG Qatar invests money.
                Still this year has been a little bit more interesting due to Nanterre, who has somehow managed to qualify in Eurocup after an honorable campaign in Euroleague. However it's been a rough ride for them with ups and big downs, especially in Pro A. I just hope that they qualify next year for Eurocup and maintain their coach and some of their key players.

Comment

France may not be a power in European basketball now, but it would still be nice to see some discussion of the various teams play this year.

Comment

Guys from Chalon:
                    I'm from Varese, and there's a group of friends interested in Fiba Cup Final Tickets for tomorrow evening.
                    Does anybody want to sell a few tickets (there are a few of us interested...!) for the Final Frankfurt-Varese...? Thanks in anticipation...

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information