No announcement yet.

European NT Coefficient Ranking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it.

Comment

Good stuff! I'll be interested in seeing this table again after the Olympics.

Comment

Any update after Eurobasket 2017 Qualifying?

Comment

Any Update after 2016 Olympics.
          Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
          FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
          FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

@OP

I think the ranking points are too big, like, 100k points for a game? Maybe divide everything by a power of 10 to make it less intimidating? Other than that, I think it's a good idea to adopt a ranking system similar to UEFA or FIFA.

What are your thoughts about the Elo Rating System with points scored in a game taken into account? One common criticism of the Elo is that it doesn't care whether you lost by 1 or by 50, if you lost, you lost, period.
            Originally posted by gideon
            Not sure why all on here got salty when the Serbian coach said Gilas lacked any real quality. I mean isn't that glaringly obvious.

Comment

After a long time, I have updated this ranking for 2017, of course still missing the Eurobasket results. Some of the bonus points have been altered, also as a result of the coming changes to the system. A lot of 'technical scores' due to the absence (to my knowledge) of any action for many teams in 2015. I am thinking of changing the cycle to reflect competitions instead of years in the next edition.

Here's a a taste:

Attached Files

Comment

Netherlands is 6th ?
                Lithuania

Comment

They are, since all Eurobasket trams haven't got any points yet for this year The final rankings will be completed after Eurobasket.

Comment

Originally posted by Modis View Post
                    Netherlands is 6th ?
                    Better let's get drunk again

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                      Better let's get drunk again
                      round 2. Its Saturday night
                      Lithuania

Comment

Update after the Eurobasket games. I have slightly changed the bonus points. What do you think?

Comment

Spain coming ahead of Serbia in both 2016 and 2017, while winning bronze and Serbia winning silvers makes little sense. I suppose you are focusing more on wins and losses, then the actual end result.

Comment

Hey guys, thank you both for your input.

@LuDux. Yes, Fiba have their own ranking but it is very flawed. It involves very old achievements that cannot be considered current. Looking at the ranking you provided is enough to make this obvious.

@CoachZ. It is true that sometimes having many victories in the early phases of a tournament distorts the final score a bit, even after an early qualification. See Lithuania and Greece for example this year. This is something that can be changed by increasing the bonus points for playing a knock-out match. Regarding the example you mentioned, though, Spain-Serbia, keep in mind that Spain was both times 3rd because they lost to the final winner, whereas Serbia only beat the eventual 4th-placed team. We cannot know what would happen in a Spain-Serbia game during those competitions.

Comment

I get that, but it is like saying that Spurs should be ahead of Cavs, since they lost to the champs

I think that the final placement should still carry more weight, maybe not a huge amount but it's very curious to have a lower placed team twice ahead in consecutive years.

Comment

Hmm okay. I think that one main factor here is that every victory gives 20,000 points, regardless of the match. Probably I should lower this fixed value and hence have higher weight on the bonus points for the match importance. Not sure if this would make Serbia have a better score than Spain, but it wouldn't hurt to try and see how the two systems compare.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information