19 36.54%
  • Lithuania

33 63.46%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [The Final] Game 90/A: France - Lithuania

Default [The Final] Game 90/A: France - Lithuania

22-Sep-2013
    21:00 CET

The last two standing, France and Lithuania, are taking the scene for the final battle... Who's gonna be the new European champion?

http://www.interbasket.net/news/1334...-championship/
    Last edited by stuart; 09-21-2013 at 11:51 PM. Reason: stuart added link :)
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

somehow we beat France more often than not at this stage of competition...would be nice to repeat the result of that group game, but I guess the score will be much tighter this time around. I'm just gonna say one thing - give us a nice final guys and let the best team win

Rooting for Lietuva, but I think France will end up taking this one.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Let's hope Gelabale wont be fit to play in the final.That would increase France's chances immensely

i too think final favorite is France.Its very hard to beat strong team in same tournament twice.But if france will miss open 3 pointers we have some chances no doubt in my mind.But nevertheles doesnt matter how final will end our guys gonna be meet like herous in lithuania.Our coach and players said after game with croatia no matter who oppoenets will be we gona try our best...we will see

With 30 points by Parker and some less probable 3 pointers (like today's from Diot and Pietrus), I'd say France has a chance. But anyway I believe Lithuania is gonna take this one! Still sad after an unthinkable hard loss...
    https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Pietrus triple really came out of nowhere (especially coming from a player who probably shot more airballs than baskets in the tournament), but Diot is 10/18 at 3pts since the beginning of the tournament. He has been excellent this tournament.
    Looks like his injuries are behind him, so I kinda hope he'll become the player he was supposed to become. He was the hottest french prospect at PG position since Parker, even if his game was more suited to the Euroleague than then NBA. He was way better than Albicy, Heurtel or Westerman at their age but his injury at the back almost destroyed his career.

No chance for a team like France against a serious "old school" european NT.
    Even if Parker scores 40 points Lithuania will take it in the end...
    Not even Kazlauskas can lose a match against one of the most predictable teams of the competition.
    I am still laughing at the ridiculous last 15 mins of the game between Spain and France...
    Olympiacos back-to-back Euroleague Champions

bet the farm on france.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Pietrus triple really came out of nowhere (especially coming from a player who probably shot more airballs than baskets in the tournament), but Diot is 10/18 at 3pts since the beginning of the tournament. He has been excellent this tournament.
    Looks like his injuries are behind him, so I kinda hope he'll become the player he was supposed to become. He was the hottest french prospect at PG position since Parker, even if his game was more suited to the Euroleague than then NBA. He was way better than Albicy, Heurtel or Westerman at their age but his injury at the back almost destroyed his career.
    I was not aware of such numbers, which are good but not so much representative, less than 2 3pts per game. When say "less probable" I meant to highlight how hard those two shots were and also the time when they came. Remember Diot was the same player who gave Spain the chance to level the game again.
    https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Quote Originally Posted by Psofimis View Post
    No chance for a team like France against a serious "old school" european NT.
    Even if Parker scores 40 points Lithuania will take it in the end...
    Not even Kazlauskas can lose a match against one of the most predictable teams of the competition.
    I am still laughing at the ridiculous last 15 mins of the game between Spain and France...
    clueless

Exclamation

I'm hoping that the French will be so emotionally drained after today's dramatic comeback OT victory against their traditional nemesis Spain that they'll have nothing left on Sunday.

Last edited by Hepcat; 09-20-2013 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    I'm hoping that the French will be so emotionally drained after today's comeback OT victory against their traditional nemesis Spain that they'll have nothing left on Sunday.

not a bad thought. but i think that parker is too much of a pro and won't let that happen.

50:50 chances, hope for lithuanias victory. they have enough athleticism to fight against french monsters, no wonder spain wanted to avoid them

Quote Originally Posted by Hepcat View Post
    I'm hoping that the French will be so emotionally drained after today's comeback OT victory against their traditional nemesis Spain that they'll have nothing left on Sunday.

i have to give it to you guys. year in year out you are always in the mix even some years when it looks like you have no business being there.

of course we should win

Quote Originally Posted by pimpekaustas View Post
    50:50 chances, hope for lithuanias victory. they have enough athleticism to fight against french monsters, no wonder spain wanted to avoid them
    I like those odds.50/50 is good enough for me.
    Those odds are much better for my liking instead of if it was Spain we would have to play in the final.
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

As a neutral observer, not sure who to root for. Lithuania normally gets my vote because of their massive fanbase, but I would like to see Parker nab a gold. Guess I'll be happy with either outcome, but predicting France in a close one.
    Pistons: 2019-2020 Blow it up, just blow it all up.

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

LTU will win this one. It will be a bad night for Parker (16pts), because of the pressure...

It will all come down to the supporting cast of Parker... If these guys can shoot like they did in the 2nd half against Spain last night France has a small chance... Otherwise Lithuania for sure will nab the gold. I personally see Lithuania winning this one by 9 points.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast