X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Classification 5th-6th] 88/A: Slovenia - Ukraine

21-Sep-2013
    21:00 CET

Ukraine may already call it a successful journey no matter how this game ends, but Slovenia will probably want to thank their fans with a win. Other than that, the game has no significance except for determining final rankings.

Who is gonna win?
    Slovenia
    0%
    Ukraine
    0%

The poll is expired.

5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

It's the last NT game for Lakovič and by some sources for Nachbar as well, two of the players that positively marked the last 10+ years for our NT.

They can't let Ukraine win that accordingly.
    Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

i hope it is the last game for maljković to, wrong choice it was

Comment

Slovenia. Ukraine will be happy just to still be playing on Sunday.

Comment

Well we finished 5th which is OK i guess. Slovenia has quietly but consistently been among the top 5-8 teams in the last 8 years. Every year we place in the 1/4 finals, but we are simply 1 or two quality players away from making it to the semis every year. Even in Poland there were some major absences. There are two players who shell not be named that Slovenia really really misses and that never play, and are beside coaching the only reason why Slovenia has not done anything substantial yet.

The reason why Slovenia always makes it through to the 1/4 finals is that all the players that do come, play their hearts out, and that is also the reason why we Slovenians love our NT so much. They always give it their all, and are easy to cheer for. Lets hope one day, we will be able to cheer for them in the final!

So one last time for this year, Kdor ne skače ni Slovenc!
          My homage to The heroes:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Nachbar said that Zoran has made some complicated calculations and realised being 5th is better than being 6th and that they'll win if Zoran says so

I was hoping my overenthusiastic prediction of +23 for Slovenia would somehow come true, but Ukraine made some incredible shots, Slo made some unnecesary TO's, but overall the game was in our hands nevertheless.

Can't get rid of calculations as getting any other team from the group instead of the French in my head, but overall our NT has done a fine job.
            That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Joško Poljak Fan View Post
              Nachbar said that Zoran has made some complicated calculations and realised being 5th is better than being 6th and that they'll win if Zoran says so
              That's a good one!
              Congrats for the win, and for ending with a happier note.
              5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Well, it wasn't really that much of a sad note. Sure during the tournament and some performances the appetites have rissen, but overall inability to face French physique wasn't all that unexpected, Parker's determination to get that gold medal is something beyong my expectations though (big props). Looking back 5th place is kind of "deserved one" and even if I hoped to get past the semifinals before the tournament worse options than that were definately a realistic possibility.

Guys had the right attitude and with Z.Dragič, Murič and Blažič getting this valuable experience and putting up some decent performances, I believe we'll keep being there somewhere even when the "old generation" fully retires, that's also something to be happy about since if anyone asked me about the generation switch 2 years ago I became depressed back than

Comment

Congrats to Slovenia, well deserved.
                  4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information