View Poll Results: The finalist is gonna be?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

27 71.05%
  • Croatia

11 28.95%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Semifinals] Game 86/A: Lithuania - Croatia

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell Armstrong View Post
    I don't have the time to watch the video, but I'm pretty sure it's about the time Rudy was attacked by two lithuanian extremists who took exception of a bad action of Rudy back in Madrid.

Well, some said Mr. Rodolfo Fernndez got what he deserved. I've said many times he's a better player than person. He's a cocky hotheaded jerk, ugly, has bad hair, and he's such a lucky bastard he's dating a super-hot former Miss Spain Easily the most hated player in Spain. I think even die-hard Real Madrid fans were glad to see him crying for once.
    Lithuanian extremists? they are Latvian!!!

P.S. "I think even die-hard Real Madrid fans were glad to see him crying for once" +1

Quote Originally Posted by baelor View Post
    Lithuanian extremists? they are Latvian!!!

P.S. "I think even die-hard Real Madrid fans were glad to see him crying for once" +1
    They are citisens of Lithuania, period. It was very stupid act by them, but crying because he was hit one time... Hm... \

P.S. Don't think i have something against spanians, it was just ironic answer to stupid comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
    They are citisens of Lithuania, period.
    They acquired Lithuanian citizenship after this incident, which means they were Latvians then. Period.
    People don't come with instruction manuals, that's why to figure them out, you have to press their buttons...

i believe this 2 semifinal teams are the biggest one in all tournament...croatias heigth average 2m04...lithuanias average 2m03...Croatia have 7 players with 2m05 or more...ltihuania has 6 players with 2m05 or more...Yesterday we met argubly the smallest team,today we gonna meet the biggest one

If Maciulis will be able to slow down Bogdanovich we with our defence should be ok and with good chances in 4 querter to steal the game...

Last time croatia won 1/4 game in 1995 they saw same opponnet in semifinal as today gonna see...

Well, we are missing Jasaitis (IMHO one of most important players in this LT NT) and Jankunas. With them our defense would be deadly (deadlier when now) our rebounding better, our offence better too.
    I think taht we are not missing Jankunas that much. But yeah Jasaitis would be awesome - great 3pt shooter and defender would make us significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by lafa View Post
    They acquired Lithuanian citizenship after this incident, which means they were Latvians then. Period.
    Clever people check facts and write after that.
    Citisenship - 2013-02-01
    Incident - 2013-03-07
    Last edited by Ashtrusis_dantis; 09-20-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baelor View Post
    Well, I won't admit the same on my team, because it's not true. We have huge respect for Croatian basketball and this team that won games against better squads in close games during this championship. As I see my respect is more than you can give to your team well, hope that's a plus for us tonight.

Remember one thing - championships are won by teams not by names on those teams. Remembering your NT problems with mentality, maybe this bunch of less experienced guys are better than primadonnas?
    I actually don't think that about our NT..
    if I would think that then I wouldn't be visiting 7 out of 9 games of our NT on this championship and losing my voice on every single one of it. and from my city where I live I have around 400 km to Ljubljana. although I'm situated in Zagreb (150 km to ljubljana) during the championship 'cause I have an office in Zagreb as well..
    but since so many people are saying it about us and about our players then it most be true..
    I don't mind and it is not ruining my good mood either..
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

anyway, is there any particular reason why semifinals are being played on Friday and not on Saturday?

terrorizer wrote so many bulll..its it doesnt deserve an answer. man, show a little respect to two teams who with serbia gave majority of best basketball players in european history. what a stupid post.

btw, croatia NEVER beated lithuania in big tournaments! we have 0:6 score, and as somebody said, nobody can beat us 7 times in a row

Clever people check facts and write after that.
    Citisenship - 2013-02-01
    Incident - 2013-03-07
    Wise people use spell-check
    People don't come with instruction manuals, that's why to figure them out, you have to press their buttons...

lafa, lame lame lame, grammar nazi, on some forums you get ban for that. cause it is lamest thing to do

Some thoughts on the game

- Croatia has played great defense throughtout the tournament, but in the last two games was not able to sustain usual level of intensity on defense thoughout the whole game. Perimeter players has shown signs of fatigue, especially Ukic and Bogdanovic who carry much of a burden both on offense and defense
    - Bogdanovic has been tremendous in post-up play, but he will have much tougher job today facing Maciulis, who is not going to be on size/strenght disadvantage
    - Draper is perhaps best on-ball defender on this competition and Kalnietis` high dribble will be exposed. Repesa will surely put a lot of pressure on Mantas, since he has no natural backup. Turnovers could be aplenty from Kalnietis today
    - Kleiza is key for Lithuania since he has no natural cover on Croatian team. He is both stronger and quicker than Markota and Saric.
    - Wide open game that will probably be won by the team that will control defensive glass better and limit turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawshank View Post
    i thoughts it was italians who women likes the most ?
    Never underestimate portuguese guys
    https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Quote Originally Posted by Luz for 3 View Post
    Never underestimate portuguese guys
    a guy in your avatar is a perfect example of "charm" over "substance" anyway

interesting staff, after yesterdays second qf, jasmin repeša and duda ivković had a meeting! discussion was how to beat lithuania

pimpeka

Good luck tonight!
    4th in IBN EuroBasket 2013 Prediction game!

Quote Originally Posted by pimpekaustas View Post
    interesting staff, after yesterdays second qf, jasmin repeša and duda ivković had a meeting! discussion was how to beat lithuania
    Oh, so if we beat Croatia tonight it means Kazlauskas outsmarted both Duda and Repesa? :-)
    Maybe Duda could meet again, now to find out how to win against Italy?

Quote Originally Posted by pacosas View Post
    Maciulis will have a lot work to do today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markoishvili View Post
    ...pressure on Mantas, since he has no natural backup.
    That's precisely what worries me the most about today's game against Croatia. Mantas Kalnietis, Jonas Mačiulis, Renaldas Seibutis and Martynas Pocius together played 116 minutes out of a possible 120 minutes at the one, two and three positions yesterday. Kalnietis himself played 37 minutes. They'll get tired out if they have to put in that much time on the court after so little rest again today. Mindaugas Kuzminskas must absolutely, positively overcome his jitters today so that he can take some of the load off Jonas Mačiulis in particular. And hopefully Tomas Delininkaitis will be able to contribute some productive court time to spell Kalnietis.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorizer View Post
    Well, it is the weakest semifinal game of Eurobasket since Turkey - Germany in 2001. Or was that one even better than this?
    Nonsense! Croatia and Lithuania are actually more deserving semi-finalists than France and Spain in the other pairing. So far Croatia has only lost one game this tournament and Lithuania two. Meanwhile both Spain and France have lost three games already.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorizer View Post
    By the way, I never was a Kalnietis fanboy but I never can understand why so many Lith users underestimate him. In this tournament he is surely the best guard and, most probably, the best player of Team Lietuva.
    Well on that point anyway we agree. So far Kalnietis' play has been close to tournament all-star team standards.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    anyway, is there any particular reason why semifinals are being played on Friday and not on Saturday?
    Changed at the request of Spanish and French TV broadcasting interests I understand.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast