Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Slovenian NT

both of them can get over 1mio euro from one of the teams in europe - that's high enough incentive to return imo...
    they won't be getting that much more money in NBA anyway(considering that together with taxes 1 mio € equals 2.5 mio $) with their next contract (eventhough te salary cup is rising lately ). Hopefully their goal is not neccesarily breaking into the first lineup of an NBA team, or in Nachbar's case winning a championship...

As for Zupan, I think he is the kind of player that needs to take a step at the time... after 2-3 years of playing time in euroleague than he'll be damn usefull to NT as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Smodis just injured his back again vs Zalgiris. He was screaming in pain. No mather that EC is still far away, I don't think he will play for NT with his chronical back problems. Looks like even summer rest doesn't help his bad back.

Quote Originally Posted by boki
    Smodis just injured his back again vs Zalgiris. He was screaming in pain. No mather that EC is still far away, I don't think he will play for NT with his chronical back problems. Looks like even summer rest doesn't help his bad back.
    Difficlut injury? Do you think he will be out for a longer period?

Quote Originally Posted by Buducnost PG
    Difficlut injury? Do you think he will be out for a longer period?
    Can't really tell. He was playing to basket with back against Jankunas. He blew him away with his strength and made easy basket. But then he started screaming for a moment and he left the game. I don't know in what condition was his back before the game. Last game in russian league he played only 10 minutes (btw he scored 16 points), so maybe he got injury there. I don't really know, I guess tommorow the media will tell more.

guards:
    Sani Bečirovič (Panathinaikos)
    Aleksander Ćapin (Varese)
    Goran Dragić (Tau Ceramica)
    Nebojša Joksimovič (Hemofarm)
    Jaka Lakovič (Barcelona)
    Domen Lorbek (Union Olimpija)
    Beno Udrih (San Antonio Spurs)
    Samo Udrih (Granada)
    Saša Vujačič (LA Lakers)

SF's::
    Saša Dončić (Helios)
    Goran Jagodnik (Anwill)
    Marko Maravič (BC Kijev)
    Boštjan Nachbar (New Jersey Nets)

PF/C's:
    Dragiša Drobnjak (Turow)
    Goran Jurak (Climamio)
    Erazem Lorbek (Roma)
    Rašo Nesterović (Toronto Raptors)
    Smiljan Pavič (Helios)
    Hasan Rizvić (Bosna)
    Uroš Slokar (Toronto Raptors)
    Matjaž Smodiš (CSKA)
    Marko Tušek (Unicaja Malaga)
    Željko Zagorac (Ural Great)
    Miha Zupan (Union Olimpija)

Brezec and Milič are out, now we can wait to see who else among Vujačič, Nachbar, Sani, Smodiš will cancel their participation.

as far as I am concerned if vujačič cancels it this time, there is no need at all to call him up when he won't be able to earn a spot on the roster in NBA either.

PG: Lakovič, B. Udrih

SG: Bečirovič (hopefully), S. Udrih, Joksimovič
    if Sani cancels we should go with Dragič who along with Udrih and Joksimovič isn't as unreliable defensively

SF: Maravič, D. Lorbek
    still not too keen on the thought of Jagodnik in NT... but prefer him over Dončič few 10 times...

PF: Smodiš, Tušek, Slokar

C: Nesterovič, E. Lorbek

far from the best possible, but still a decent (nothing more) NT...
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

I think Vujacic, Nachbar and Smodis (first two for sure) will cancel NT again. I think Becirovic will play if Pipan gives him permission to join the preparations a bit later. My predicted roster:

PG: Lakovic, Udrih, Dragic
    SG: Becirovic, Joksimovic
    SF: Jagodnik, Maravic (god help us)
    PF: Tusek, Slokar
    C: Nesterovic, Lorbek

The NT we could have
    PG: Lakovic, Udrih
    SG: Becirovic, Vujacic, Ozbolt
    SG: Nachbar, Milic
    PF: Smodis, Lorbek
    C: Brezec, Nesterovic
    "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Quote Originally Posted by boki
    I think Vujacic, Nachbar and Smodis (first two for sure) will cancel NT again. I think Becirovic will play if Pipan gives him permission to join the preparations a bit later. My predicted roster:

PG: Lakovic, Udrih, Dragic
    SG: Becirovic, Joksimovic
    SF: Jagodnik, Maravic (god help us)
    PF: Tusek, Slokar
    C: Nesterovic, Lorbek

The NT we could have
    PG: Lakovic, Udrih
    SG: Becirovic, Vujacic, Ozbolt
    SG: Nachbar, Milic
    PF: Smodis, Lorbek
    C: Brezec, Nesterovic

What is wrong in Slovenia? For years always some of the best players will not play for the NT. I am understand some players when they play 5-6 years in the NT in the row and will have a rest. We must see it also so, that some of the players have a tournament with the NT every year. And perhaps it would be better to play the EC all 4 years and not all 2 years.

don't know what exactly is going on, no one says it directly only sth. like our federation will have to sort out quite some things regarding NT(I think Sani said that somewhere in his blog).

Nachbar now confirmed he won't play in Spain, but he kind of was always there, so I can understand his point of view. He has the last year of his contract and would like to be prepared as good as possible to get a decent new one, he'll be back in next seasons though.
    I think the situation is the same with Brezec, while Milič and Ožbolt have injuries to take care of...

Smodiš is the key, with him this NT can be much more competitive than without him...

Default RE

I think Slovenian national team is really BOSNIAN national team...

Sani Becirovic, Salih Nuhanovic, Hasan Rizvic, Mensud Julevic, Sanel Bajramlic, Emir Preldzic, Mirza Begic and Aleksander Capin et all.

Slovenian team has always been long on talent short on teamwork. I love the guy who said US fans have low bball iq. Have you ever gone to a european match? Most fans are also idiots in europe just like the usa. Don't be a punk and embarrass yourself.

Such crap. Also crap talk about US players, different game.

NBA basketball is the best in the world, not even close! You can compare the worst teams in the NBA to euro teams...

But if they played NBA rules in international competition with NBA refs... Your teams would get smashed like your armies did against the Axis forces in WWII and I think you all would surrender faster than the FRENCH!

Bonjour ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by Matiz
    don't know what exactly is going on, no one says it directly only sth. like our federation will have to sort out quite some things regarding NT(I think Sani said that somewhere in his blog).

Nachbar now confirmed he won't play in Spain, but he kind of was always there, so I can understand his point of view. He has the last year of his contract and would like to be prepared as good as possible to get a decent new one, he'll be back in next seasons though.
    I think the situation is the same with Brezec, while Milič and Ožbolt have injuries to take care of...

Smodiš is the key, with him this NT can be much more competitive than without him...

Quote Originally Posted by theblackswans
    I think Slovenian national team is really BOSNIAN national team...

Sani Becirovic, Salih Nuhanovic, Hasan Rizvic, Mensud Julevic, Sanel Bajramlic, Emir Preldzic, Mirza Begic and Aleksander Capin et all.
    Ask Sani how he feels, is he Bosnian or Slovenian, he will give you his answer. Once again Sani Bečirovič is born and raised in Slovenia to Bosnian father (coach of Helios Domžale) and Slovenian mother.

Hasan Rizvič never played in NT, only in youth team, Salih Nuhanović is out of the question, Mensud Julević same, Sanel Bajramlič is born and raised in Slovenia by Bosnian parents and he will also probably never play for Slovenian NT.

While if I know correctly Ćapin is Bosnian Serb with Slovenian passport and is the only one who played for NT as naturalised player. Mirza Begić is same case as Hasan Rizvić, but with more potential.

At least Slovenian federation isn't that stupid as Bosnian which refused to call Preldžić, Begić, Rizvić to their squad.

Slovenian team has always been long on talent short on teamwork. I love the guy who said US fans have low bball iq. Have you ever gone to a european match? Most fans are also idiots in europe just like the usa. Don't be a punk and embarrass yourself.

Such crap. Also crap talk about US players, different game.
    We have been to more european matches you ever will be. I won't even comment your last sentence, I kind of rest my case here.

But if they played NBA rules in international competition with NBA refs... Your teams would get smashed like your armies did against the Axis forces in WWII and I think you all would surrender faster than the FRENCH!
    Probably, but guess what... we are playing with our rules.

In today's Ekipa Smodis said he met with Pipan yesterday but didn't make any decision yet. Today he will meet Pipan once again and he will make final decision. I guess Smodis demanded some things and Pipan took a day to think if he will accept those demands. Like Matiz said, Smodis is the key. If he won't play, we won't be competitive at all.
    "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

regarding fans low bball IQ, i was saying it regarding the forums i used to read... from my perspective most of those know as much about bball as I do about baseball...

Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    Probably, but guess what... we are playing with our rules.
    actually it's a bit funny, but the whole world plays with the same rules...
    and why exactly should we even take into consideration the rules changed in order to sell more jerseys.... beyond my IQ, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Buducnost PG
    What is wrong in Slovenia? For years always some of the best players will not play for the NT. I am understand some players when they play 5-6 years in the NT in the row and will have a rest. We must see it also so, that some of the players have a tournament with the NT every year. And perhaps it would be better to play the EC all 4 years and not all 2 years.
    also... I managed to actually find this interview with bball federation president Šešok in mladina newspaper...
    I hope you won't be mad if I don't translate this part, I think you'll understand it anyway:

V zadnjih letih se je pojavil problem, ko klubi ne pustijo svojih igralcev igrati v reprezentanci. Matjažu Smodišu, Ivici Jurkoviću, lani Urošu Slokarju klubi niso dovolili nastopati za reprezentanco. Kaj ste storili, da bi naši reprezentanti vseeno lahko nastopali? Kaj sploh lahko storite kot predsednik košarkarske zveze?

Tu nekih možnosti žal sploh nimamo. Fiba je organizacija, ki nima vpliva na te klube. Mislim celo, da je šlo za dogovor med trenerjem CSKA Messino, rusko federacijo, grško federacijo in CSKA-jem.

Zakaj pa grška federacija?

Ker je predsednik grške federacije George Vassilakopoulos tudi predsednik evropske Fibe. Ve se, da smo igrali z Grki v isti skupini, in ve se, da je Matjaž Smodiš najboljša četvorka v Evropi. Mislim, da so se zadeve odločale na tej relaciji, ker je zanimivo, da je trener Ettore Messina ruske košarkarje pustil na evropsko prvenstvo, našega Smodiša pa ne. Moram reči, da je to podlo, umazano, ker smo tako ali tako majhni in se potem veliki, kot so Italija, Grčija in Rusija, izživljajo nad nami.

There could be some truth in that what Zakaj said, but i don´t think that is 100% true. But on the other side i am asking me as he also did, why all russian players of CSKA were allowed to play for Russia and Papaloukas for Greece and only not Smodis. Now we can say that Smodis and Papaloukas are the most important players for CSKA. But why they never say to Papaloukas please stay away from the NT this summer?

But it starts a little bit like in the NBA in europe. Teams wants that players get a rest in the summer and not play for the NT. But at the end the decison has to bring the player and nobody could stop him to play for the NT if he real wants it.

I read an interview with Šešok, the president of the Slovene bball association:
    http://www.dnevnik.si/novice/aktualn...zgodba/252179/

Finally somebody said it clearly and loudly:
    Pri članih se znova vrstijo odpovedi, o katerih najbrž nimate dobrega mnenja. Bi lahko v negativnem smislu koga izpostavili poimensko?

Za mene je največji negativni primer Saša Vujačič. Fant je s 15 leti odšel v Italijo mimo pravil, saj smo mu izdali dovoljenje, tako imenovani "letter of clearence", zaradi tega, ker so šli starši tja delat. Spustili smo ga v upanju, da se bo kdaj odzval reprezentančnemu vabilu, danes pa nima niti toliko volje, da bi dvignil telefonski aparat. Selektor Pipan ga je namreč klical vsaj 20-krat. To je moralno nesprejemljivo! Poglejmo na primer v Nemčiji primer Dirka Nowitzkega, multimilijonarja, velezvezdnika in najboljšega igralca lige NBA, ki vedno pravi, da se je košarke naučil v Nemčiji in bo zanjo vedno igral. Ali pa Tonyja Parkerja v Franciji...
    I think he should be totally ignored from now on, like he never existed. I also suggest him to start looking for another citizenship, maybe the USA's or Serbia, or from where he or his parents originate.

Vujačič probably thinks he touched the "god's genitals" by warming the bench with Lakers...

he'll come begging for an NT appearance when he gets fired by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Matiz
    he'll come begging for an NT appearance when he gets fired by them.
    and I would love to be a president of the KZS at that moment.

I know why Vujacic doesn't pick up the phone. I bet he just doesn't know which excuse to tell Pipan this time. I agree with you. He should never get invited again and all media should stop reporting about him like he is slovenian.

Matjaž Smodiš confirmed that he is going to join the NT for the European Championship 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by elaj
    Matjaž Smodiš confirmed that he is going to join the NT for the European Championship 2007.
    Indeed great news
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast