Slovenian NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elaj
    Rasho Nesterovič confirmed that he will play for Slovenian NT at EP in Spain.

Marko Tušek also said he is available to the NT in the summer if they'll call him.

I hope Nachbar and Bečirovič change their mind... SG and SF look bad.
    I was quite surprised, when I read Nesterovic's blog on KZS webpage. I don't remember Nesterovic ever speaking so positive about NT. I don't know what to think now. It's funny how he overhypes some young players that should replace the tired stars. I think he forgot that those young stars from Slovan can't get a freakin' win even in NLB, and Slokar is benchworming the whole year, I won't even talk about Capin... Really I don't know what to think.
    "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Originally posted by boki
      I was quite surprised, when I read Nesterovic's blog on KZS webpage. I don't remember Nesterovic ever speaking so positive about NT. I don't know what to think now. It's funny how he overhypes some young players that should replace the tired stars. I think he forgot that those young stars from Slovan can't get a freakin' win even in NLB, and Slokar is benchworming the whole year, I won't even talk about Capin... Really I don't know what to think.
      some other NT's are doing it this way exposing young talent in their NT's way before they are actually ready- Italy (Bellinelli, i'm sure Datome will be next), Spain (Rudy, Rubio) and looks like the system is working... i still don't think it'll happen to us...
      afterall after selecting Dragič in front of more experienced Joksimovič last year might mean Nebojša won't want to play this year at all...
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Regarding status of Beno Udrih in SA: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57676

Must say I have never seen so many retarded "fans" on any forum. That's even worse than having 100 Terminators on forum. Matiz and Elaj will know, what I'm talking about
        "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

Regarding status of Beno Udrih in SA: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57676

Must say I have never seen so many retarded "fans" on any forum. That's even worse than having 100 Terminators on forum. Matiz and Elaj will know, what I'm talking about
          well, trade him... or even better, Beno get back to europe

It's not worth bothering with NBA forums, US fans on average have a low bball education (sadly this can also be claimed for a lot of US players) as well, while noone is even bothering to try to understand the european way of playing- it all ends up with cliches.
          That's how person like Antoine Walker even achieves a star status, or people wonder how in the world can Trajan Langdon be a better choice than Dion Glover or Tamar Slay gets replaced by some anonimous NCAAer... or Pau Gasol being considered just one of the better players in the league, while he is probably one of the best players overall...

imagine if in CSKA Holden, Anderson and Langdon would have the permition for anything, wouldn't be cooperating and just been throwing the ball anytime they wanted to with Papa, Smodiš, Vanterpool just creating for them, waiting for some trash oppurtunities, with 2nd lineup playing actual "NBA trash time-like"... they'd end up with 3-4... maybee 5 victories in the whole season...
          it's not that Udrih is some great player, but for an european it's useless to play in a NBA system, so hopefully they'll all get back to europe one day.

as for those fans... it's the internet, comenting by hiding over some nickname is a lot different than claiming that live where you'd assume just by appearance 95% of those wouldn't even know how to make a left layup, and it would end up you realising you were wrong and actually 98% had no idea how to execute the basic (basics of the basics of the basic basics) bball drill correctly.
          that's why don't bother
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

dragic is doing fine lately (which is better than excpected...). lorbek on his first game back in italy was great. i'm quite surprised matiz didn't mention zupan as a possibilty (or did i just miss it?).
            i support becirovic having a rest this summer. the guy had no summer-off for 3 years now as i recall and he espcially needs to get some rest and not to run down his body (again).
            on the beno issue - i too support him coming back to europe (nachbar first...) i hope planinic, kasun and welsch examples will push them to do so. there's money in europe (at least in some teams) and there's quality. sitting on the bench and playing a minor role is just not it for this caliber of players. both of them can get over 1mio euro from one of the teams in europe - that's high enough incentive to return imo...

Comment

both of them can get over 1mio euro from one of the teams in europe - that's high enough incentive to return imo...
              they won't be getting that much more money in NBA anyway(considering that together with taxes 1 mio € equals 2.5 mio $) with their next contract (eventhough te salary cup is rising lately ). Hopefully their goal is not neccesarily breaking into the first lineup of an NBA team, or in Nachbar's case winning a championship...

As for Zupan, I think he is the kind of player that needs to take a step at the time... after 2-3 years of playing time in euroleague than he'll be damn usefull to NT as well...

Comment

Smodis just injured his back again vs Zalgiris. He was screaming in pain. No mather that EC is still far away, I don't think he will play for NT with his chronical back problems. Looks like even summer rest doesn't help his bad back.

Comment

Smodis just injured his back again vs Zalgiris. He was screaming in pain. No mather that EC is still far away, I don't think he will play for NT with his chronical back problems. Looks like even summer rest doesn't help his bad back.
                  Difficlut injury? Do you think he will be out for a longer period?

Comment

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
                    Difficlut injury? Do you think he will be out for a longer period?
                    Can't really tell. He was playing to basket with back against Jankunas. He blew him away with his strength and made easy basket. But then he started screaming for a moment and he left the game. I don't know in what condition was his back before the game. Last game in russian league he played only 10 minutes (btw he scored 16 points), so maybe he got injury there. I don't really know, I guess tommorow the media will tell more.

Comment

guards:
                      Sani Bečirovič (Panathinaikos)
                      Aleksander Ćapin (Varese)
                      Goran Dragić (Tau Ceramica)
                      Nebojša Joksimovič (Hemofarm)
                      Jaka Lakovič (Barcelona)
                      Domen Lorbek (Union Olimpija)
                      Beno Udrih (San Antonio Spurs)
                      Samo Udrih (Granada)
                      Saša Vujačič (LA Lakers)

SF's::
                      Saša Dončić (Helios)
                      Goran Jagodnik (Anwill)
                      Marko Maravič (BC Kijev)
                      Boštjan Nachbar (New Jersey Nets)

PF/C's:
                      Dragiša Drobnjak (Turow)
                      Goran Jurak (Climamio)
                      Erazem Lorbek (Roma)
                      Rašo Nesterović (Toronto Raptors)
                      Smiljan Pavič (Helios)
                      Hasan Rizvić (Bosna)
                      Uroš Slokar (Toronto Raptors)
                      Matjaž Smodiš (CSKA)
                      Marko Tušek (Unicaja Malaga)
                      Željko Zagorac (Ural Great)
                      Miha Zupan (Union Olimpija)

Brezec and Milič are out, now we can wait to see who else among Vujačič, Nachbar, Sani, Smodiš will cancel their participation.

as far as I am concerned if vujačič cancels it this time, there is no need at all to call him up when he won't be able to earn a spot on the roster in NBA either.

PG: Lakovič, B. Udrih

SG: Bečirovič (hopefully), S. Udrih, Joksimovič
                      if Sani cancels we should go with Dragič who along with Udrih and Joksimovič isn't as unreliable defensively

SF: Maravič, D. Lorbek
                      still not too keen on the thought of Jagodnik in NT... but prefer him over Dončič few 10 times...

PF: Smodiš, Tušek, Slokar

C: Nesterovič, E. Lorbek

far from the best possible, but still a decent (nothing more) NT...

Comment

I think Vujacic, Nachbar and Smodis (first two for sure) will cancel NT again. I think Becirovic will play if Pipan gives him permission to join the preparations a bit later. My predicted roster:

PG: Lakovic, Udrih, Dragic
                        SG: Becirovic, Joksimovic
                        SF: Jagodnik, Maravic (god help us)
                        PF: Tusek, Slokar
                        C: Nesterovic, Lorbek

The NT we could have
                        PG: Lakovic, Udrih
                        SG: Becirovic, Vujacic, Ozbolt
                        SG: Nachbar, Milic
                        PF: Smodis, Lorbek
                        C: Brezec, Nesterovic

Comment

I think Vujacic, Nachbar and Smodis (first two for sure) will cancel NT again. I think Becirovic will play if Pipan gives him permission to join the preparations a bit later. My predicted roster:

PG: Lakovic, Udrih, Dragic
                          SG: Becirovic, Joksimovic
                          SF: Jagodnik, Maravic (god help us)
                          PF: Tusek, Slokar
                          C: Nesterovic, Lorbek

The NT we could have
                          PG: Lakovic, Udrih
                          SG: Becirovic, Vujacic, Ozbolt
                          SG: Nachbar, Milic
                          PF: Smodis, Lorbek
                          C: Brezec, Nesterovic

What is wrong in Slovenia? For years always some of the best players will not play for the NT. I am understand some players when they play 5-6 years in the NT in the row and will have a rest. We must see it also so, that some of the players have a tournament with the NT every year. And perhaps it would be better to play the EC all 4 years and not all 2 years.

Comment

don't know what exactly is going on, no one says it directly only sth. like our federation will have to sort out quite some things regarding NT(I think Sani said that somewhere in his blog).

Nachbar now confirmed he won't play in Spain, but he kind of was always there, so I can understand his point of view. He has the last year of his contract and would like to be prepared as good as possible to get a decent new one, he'll be back in next seasons though.
                            I think the situation is the same with Brezec, while Milič and Ožbolt have injuries to take care of...

Smodiš is the key, with him this NT can be much more competitive than without him...

Comment

RE

I think Slovenian national team is really BOSNIAN national team...

Sani Becirovic, Salih Nuhanovic, Hasan Rizvic, Mensud Julevic, Sanel Bajramlic, Emir Preldzic, Mirza Begic and Aleksander Capin et all.

Slovenian team has always been long on talent short on teamwork. I love the guy who said US fans have low bball iq. Have you ever gone to a european match? Most fans are also idiots in europe just like the usa. Don't be a punk and embarrass yourself.

Such crap. Also crap talk about US players, different game.

NBA basketball is the best in the world, not even close! You can compare the worst teams in the NBA to euro teams...

But if they played NBA rules in international competition with NBA refs... Your teams would get smashed like your armies did against the Axis forces in WWII and I think you all would surrender faster than the FRENCH!

Bonjour ladies!

Originally posted by Matiz
                              don't know what exactly is going on, no one says it directly only sth. like our federation will have to sort out quite some things regarding NT(I think Sani said that somewhere in his blog).

Nachbar now confirmed he won't play in Spain, but he kind of was always there, so I can understand his point of view. He has the last year of his contract and would like to be prepared as good as possible to get a decent new one, he'll be back in next seasons though.
                              I think the situation is the same with Brezec, while Milič and Ožbolt have injuries to take care of...

Smodiš is the key, with him this NT can be much more competitive than without him...

Comment

Originally posted by theblackswans
                                I think Slovenian national team is really BOSNIAN national team...

Sani Becirovic, Salih Nuhanovic, Hasan Rizvic, Mensud Julevic, Sanel Bajramlic, Emir Preldzic, Mirza Begic and Aleksander Capin et all.
                                Ask Sani how he feels, is he Bosnian or Slovenian, he will give you his answer. Once again Sani Bečirovič is born and raised in Slovenia to Bosnian father (coach of Helios Domžale) and Slovenian mother.

Hasan Rizvič never played in NT, only in youth team, Salih Nuhanović is out of the question, Mensud Julević same, Sanel Bajramlič is born and raised in Slovenia by Bosnian parents and he will also probably never play for Slovenian NT.

While if I know correctly Ćapin is Bosnian Serb with Slovenian passport and is the only one who played for NT as naturalised player. Mirza Begić is same case as Hasan Rizvić, but with more potential.

At least Slovenian federation isn't that stupid as Bosnian which refused to call Preldžić, Begić, Rizvić to their squad.

Slovenian team has always been long on talent short on teamwork. I love the guy who said US fans have low bball iq. Have you ever gone to a european match? Most fans are also idiots in europe just like the usa. Don't be a punk and embarrass yourself.

Such crap. Also crap talk about US players, different game.
                                We have been to more european matches you ever will be. I won't even comment your last sentence, I kind of rest my case here.

But if they played NBA rules in international competition with NBA refs... Your teams would get smashed like your armies did against the Axis forces in WWII and I think you all would surrender faster than the FRENCH!
                                Probably, but guess what... we are playing with our rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information