Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slovenian NT

I just had to open this topic.

Primož Brezec said he needs rest during the summer and wont participate at European Championship 2007.

Marko Milič today said he will also probably miss the European Championship 2007. He said he wants to get some rest.

Sani Bečirovič is also thinking about not participating at European Championship 2007. He said he wants to get some rest.

Boštjan Nachbar also said he is thinking about not participating at European Championship 2007.

Sašo Ožbolt will also miss the European Championship 2007 because of an injury.

The good thing is that Matjaž Smodiš is thinking about returning to NT for this European Championship.
    Last edited by elaj; 11-03-2007, 02:21 PM.

I suggest we just cancel our participation on those tournaments, so that all our poor players can rest. Why bother with such NT anymore? The same thing goes with our handball NT. The only thing in NT competitions I'm looking forward next year is ice hockey WC tournament in Ljubljana, so I could watch the only true slovenian sportstar Anze Kopitar playing in our NT jersey. That's all.
    "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

well eventhough this generation had loads of talent and people working in basketball through the Europe continously claimed Slovenia is a medal contender I can't see any medal, and nevermind the allways smart slovenian like mentality, few teams we had should at least manage to eliminate Latvia or Israel.
      Even in Belgrade the whole picture might be completely different without the fans, eventhough they showed some of the best games as a NT there and we got eliminated by Germany, nevermind they got the silver I still think any of the players on our NT roster back than could be considered as german 2nd option....
      So I don't think it's that wrong to give a chance to some younger players and players that didn't get a chance...

C: Nesterovič, Rizvič/Pavič/Begič?
      PF: Smodiš, Lorbek, Slokar, Golemac?
      SF: Maravič, Jagodnik?
      SG: Vujačič, S. Udrih, Joksimovič?
      PG: B. Udrih, Lakovič, Dragič?

That NT wouldn't be bad- actually we've seen many NT's achieving more than our with less talented roster than this one, so if those players would like to retire, I wouldn't really care, at least the roles would be clear in such NT: Rasho, Beno and Smodiš as the key players (and imho all posses enough quality for it), the rest as a role players and that's it...

I wasn't happy with Belgrade so if the changes would start happening, I'm all for it, the change of generations might even be beneficial... as long as Pipan won't overeacting and invite Preldžić, Vidmar, Klobučar in the NT, I want U20 EC gold
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Matiz,
        you are a model for modesty. Add Čebular to the team, he cannot be so unlucky twice in a row... I hope!

Comment

I' Ve Read Many Interviews From Greek Nt Players And When Asked Whats The Secret Of The Success Of This Team They Said , Most Of Us Are Friends Who Play In Different Clubs And We Can't Wait To Be Together With The National Even If That Means We Miss Vacation In Caribean Or...

Comment

To me it's always irritating when players in general have that attitude. I think they don't really get that by playing for the NT and at international tournaments they show their skills to a wider audience and can become targets for bigger clubs and earn a reputation. The Slovenian NT could have been a medal contender for every tournament they participated in if it weren't always for the lame excuses of some players not to play. Nachbar and Brezec are classic cases, I mean, they want to rest from what? The best thing they could do was indeed take part in the NT, show their game and in return get more minutes and recognition in the NBA. And Milič is the whole symbol of the present Slovenian basketball, how can he think of not participating? There is a world of positive things in playing at international tournaments, I can't see how they don't see them.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
              C: Nesterovič, Rizvič/Pavič/Begič?
              PF: Smodiš, Lorbek, Slokar, Golemac?
              SF: Maravič, Jagodnik?
              SG: Vujačič, S. Udrih, Joksimovič?
              PG: B. Udrih, Lakovič, Dragič?
              My opinion:
              1. I don't expect Nesterovic will play if the team won't be competitive.
              2. Smodis is allways sayin he will play on ECs and WC, but he never does (since 2001), so I don't expect any different next year + reason 1.
              3. Maravic? Give me a break. He hasn't done anything since he left Olimpija years ago. Jagodnik is also done after he left Prokom. We have a black hole on 3.
              4. Vujacic's contract with Lakers is coming to end this summer, so he wont risk any injury+ he has naturally never liked to play for NT
              5. S. Udrih could be a positive thing, but I still have him in memory as a (below)average player from Olimpija.
              6. Joksimovic is solid, but not good enough for second round of EC.
              7. Beno Udrih. I'm not sure what's gonna be with him. He is playing bad this year (I read in forums, I just saw couple of games this year), he might be traded any moment. I hope he comes back to Europe soon. He is injury prone, but if healthy, I guess he will play.
              8. Lakovic. I guess he will play, but you never know.
              9. Dragic-I'm not sure he is good enough even for polish guards. He doesn't play much in Spain and he had only few solid games.
              10. Rizvic- no way he could play in EC. His defence is good enough (especially his shot blocking ability), but his offence is non existant (he can make only easy layups and no more)
              11. Begic- I see potential there, but not good enough for EC yet.
              12. Pavic- I guess he could play, but no way we can get anywhere with him as starting C.
              13. E. Lorbek is heaving his worst nightmare in Malaga and I'm not sure he can turn his game dramatically allready till the end of the season.
              "Rudy Gay is a pretty good young player and yet he might be the only BB player that people feel very uncomfortable wearing his jersey."

Comment

1. I don't expect Nesterovic will play if the team won't be competitive.
                as a matter of fact you're right, he did mention that he'll play in Spain in case we'll have a high reach team.

2. Smodis is allways sayin he will play on ECs and WC, but he never does (since 2001), so I don't expect any different next year + reason 1.
                I think Smodiš had some reasons in the past and will actually play this summer...
                I hope that "reason 1" as you mentioned it wouldn't be the case, it's scary just to think about it, I guess we can just stop playing in most of major team sports than.

3. Maravic? Give me a break. He hasn't done anything since he left Olimpija years ago. Jagodnik is also done after he left Prokom. We have a black hole on 3.
                Maravič had a decent year in Spain, if he could get back to that shape and stay healthy, I think he can contribute.
                I do not really trust in Jagodnik either, and we might have a hole on SF but i'm still trying to stay optimistic.

4. Vujacic's contract with Lakers is coming to end this summer, so he wont risk any injury+ he has naturally never liked to play for NT
                sadly, true

7. Beno Udrih. I'm not sure what's gonna be with him. He is playing bad this year (I read in forums, I just saw couple of games this year), he might be traded any moment. I hope he comes back to Europe soon. He is injury prone, but if healthy, I guess he will play.
                well, i stopped paying attention to Spurs quite some time ago, but I thought he is doing fine

10. Rizvic- no way he could play in EC. His defence is good enough (especially his shot blocking ability), but his offence is non existant (he can make only easy layups and no more)
                11. Begic- I see potential there, but not good enough for EC yet.
                12. Pavic- I guess he could play, but no way we can get anywhere with him as starting C.
                13. E. Lorbek is heaving his worst nightmare in Malaga and I'm not sure he can turn his game dramatically allready till the end of the season.
                all true

anyway we couldn't achieve anything with loaded roster, so my philosophy turned to 2-3 quality players and the rest as a role players. As prooved through the recent championships team is far more important than having a bunch of stars... and maybee luck will once be on our side
                Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by Matiz
                  well, i stopped paying attention to Spurs quite some time ago, but I thought he is doing fine
                  Me to, I just read spurstalk forum from time to time. This is probably the worst forum I have ever seen. Mostly trolls, who are making stupid comments from watching boxcores and have never been on game live. Or they just don't know anything about bball. I'm actually tired of Spurs just because of stupid&spoiled fans. But my interest in NBA really dropped this year. Last season I was downloading many games; this season only a couple.

Comment

There is only one paradox Ales Pipan sign today contract with Anwil. Now Pipan will be work with the best Polish player Andrzej Pluta, so he will be know all his moves ... If you didnt remember Poland is in one group with Slovenia ...

Funny situation ...

Comment

I'm sure Pipan will save something only for our NT. And Lakovic will take care of Pluta

Comment

Originally posted by boki
                        I'm sure Pipan will save something only for our NT. And Lakovic will take care of Pluta
                        Maybe yes, maybe not ... we will see that

Comment

I don`t know how the hell Slovenians are gonna keep up with fuckin Andrzej Pluta, he is unstoppable...believe me when i say it, when he goes to the store for a 6-pack he is unstoppable, nothing can stop him to buy those pretty Heineken`s, that`s the reason he is so big and long....he is just damn freakin monster, the guy can dunk with his feet on the ground.
                          My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

Originally posted by Markoishvili
                            I don`t know how the hell Slovenians are gonna keep up with fuckin Andrzej Pluta, he is unstoppable...believe me when i say it, when he goes to the store for a 6-pack he is unstoppable, nothing can stop him to buy those pretty Heineken`s, that`s the reason he is so big and long....he is just damn freakin monster, the guy can dunk with his feet on the ground.
                            hehe thanks for these good words

Comment

Rasho Nesterovič confirmed that he will play for Slovenian NT at EP in Spain.

Marko Tušek also said he is available to the NT in the summer if they'll call him.

I hope Nachbar and Bečirovič change their mind... SG and SF look bad.
                              Last edited by elaj; 01-13-2007, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information