42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lithuania

33 78.57%
  • Italy

9 21.43%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Quarter Finals] Game 81/A: Lithuania - Italy

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    dude, I'm watching the fookin game, not a statsheet...and my eyes don't lie too - Darjus is absolutely useless defensively today. When he entered the court in the second half, Italiy instantly went from -8 to -1 and they're leading now too. So don't give that crap about +/- please
    Oh no, that's not how it happened - Valanciunas came to play and our offense stopped.
    People don't come with instruction manuals, that's why to figure them out, you have to press their buttons...

So far the best of the QF, perhaps of all the competition! Really funny how noisy Italy timeouts are, with everybody yelling !
    https://twitter.com/LuksKasabian

Congrats to all who supported LTU in this game. Italy, good luck next time. I wonder if Italy would be better off without Bellineli... Off course if it's his day - he's extremely dangerous, but more often just the opposite happens...
    People don't come with instruction manuals, that's why to figure them out, you have to press their buttons...

Quote Originally Posted by Luíz for 3 View Post
    Really funny how noisy Italy timeouts are, with everybody yelling !
    Southerners
    At one point Pianigiani said "siamo dormendo", we're sleeping. I think the game was very energic though, with both sides being alert defensively. Lithuania simply prevailed with a better shot selection and less errors on offense. The best game of the QF for sure.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

absolute fantastic LTU defence on the 4 quarter. italy had 6 minutes without a single point. kalnietis was the man tonight. also pocius hit a few great shots.

maybe this game was fun to watch to the fans of chaotic basketball, but otherwise it was crappy nervous basketball on display there. Oh, and Kazlauskas can take his drinking buddies Kleiza and Lavrinovic to the pub and not return to coach out team again too...what an old and clueless buffoon

Italy and Aradori was quite unlucky at the end, they could have made an incredible comeback... they never gave up, but lost to a better team... congrats to Lithuanians and those two weird guys who were playing some sort of hand-slapping game all last quarter long...
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Exclamation

Despite all the praise given to Team Lietuva's strength up front, it wasn't the bigs but three of the team's "little" fellows - Seibutis, Kalnietis and Mačiulis - who carried the team to victory today.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Italy and Aradori was quite unlucky at the end, they could have made an incredible comeback... they never gave up, but lost to a better team... congrats to Lithuanians and those two weird guys who were playing some sort of hand-slapping game all last quarter long...
    They were playing that game only when some lithuanian was making a free throw I guess they were too nervous to watch

Italy is great when playing their game, however when they stop and try with individual actions they become reliant on their individual quality which is better than people give them credit for, yet insufficient to win games vs. best opponents. They had their chance to turn their game around and have lost it due to individual plays by Aradori and Gentile. Respect to Belinelli playing as good when injured.
    Lith guards showed some good performance, doing their job great and making it look pretty easy on occasions when Italian perimeter defense crumbled. However inside game isn't working as it did in the preparation stages, that becomes painfully visible while playing against Italy. Also Kazlauskas (I think it was him) did a good disrupting the Italian passing game which hasn't run as fluently as in the past, actualy there were only few occasions when Italians would be left alone at the 3 point line after consecutive passes, which was basicaly killing all of their opponents so far.

Congrats Lithuania!

dude, I'm watching the fookin game, not a statsheet...and my eyes don't lie too - Darjus is absolutely useless defensively today. When he entered the court in the second half, Italiy instantly went from -8 to -1 and they're leading now too. So don't give that crap about +/- please
    Actually Val was horrible today. Theres no argument against it - he was. Maybe if Kazlauskas played him more he could have that spurt taht Motiejunas had at the edn when startiung badly as well, but we couldnt risk it.

BTW Kleiza was as bad as Val today. For a leader he sure knows how to suck on elimination matches.

Anyone, please explain to me - how come, that LTU-CRO semifinal will be played before FRA-ESP? If it isn't enough that both those teams played their quarterfinals less than a day before..?

Terrible game by Valanciunas and Kleiza.
    Let's hope that our little fellows will be fresh tomorrow

This entire tournament Kalnietis is carrying this Lithuanian team but Valanciunas getting the credits somehow.I am impressed by him,i knew Kalnietis is good but he is not that good, he is playing tournament of his life, he is everywhere, hiting his shots, playing smart, doesnt force or take bad shots, distributing the ball well, playing pick and roll with bigs simply Lithuanian best player on this tournament, kinda their version of Steve Nash along with Kleiza which is going rogue sometimes but hit few important shots which decided games in their favor.

Valanciunas doesnt play much but time he spent on court made Lithuanian offense look predictable and slow and himself like overrated player i thought he was before this tournament, Montejunas played very little time because of Kleiza but he used his minutes to pick few quick fouls and been solid in defense, i still dont get why he didnt get more playing time but its up to Lithuanian coach.Anyway they made their way to the semis and will probably get a medal quietly as they came there without outplaying anyone on tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by lafa View Post
    Anyone, please explain to me - how come, that LTU-CRO semifinal will be played before FRA-ESP? If it isn't enough that both those team played their quarterfinals less than a day before..?
    FIBA, where amazing happens

our best two players kleiza and Valanciunas was horible today just horible...But we find a way to win even wothout them.Kalnietis,Seibutis,Pocius,Maciulis outplayed italians guards...Motiejunas with darjus was marvelous on defence ! Bravo Lietuva this Italy is very hard to defend...But no doubt great team to watch and support,but this time we were stronger.

clueless Kazlauskas is once again trying to prove something and not feeding the ball inside to the big men...italian guards are gonna win this shootout anyway if he keeps up the same tactic. Oh, and Lavrinovic is absolutely useless defensively. I'm not sure why is he even playing. And yeah, Valanciunas is barely touching the ball too - typical lithuanian NT play
    rofl.
    Pow, right in da kissa

Oh, and Kazlauskas can take his drinking buddies Kleiza and Lavrinovic to the pub and not return to coach out team again too...what an old and clueless buffoon
    While Kleiza had a mediocre game, without Darjuš Lavrinovič to play center Team Lietuva might have lost today you know. Valančiūnas didn't show much game today. Once again, it's as if you care more for Valančiūnas' playing time than the W.

Quote Originally Posted by lafa View Post
    Anyone, please explain to me - how come, that LTU-CRO semifinal will be played before FRA-ESP? If it isn't enough that both those teams played their quarterfinals less than a day before..?
    aww... I just noticed it. That's really stupid, politely put it Fiba is dictating it due to their broadcast preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
    Actually Val was horrible today. Theres no argument against it - he was. Maybe if Kazlauskas played him more he could have that spurt taht Motiejunas had at the edn when startiung badly as well, but we couldnt risk it.

BTW Kleiza was as bad as Val today. For a leader he sure knows how to suck on elimination matches.
    the only ones who consider this chucker a leader are those, who have no clue about basketball.
    As for Jonas Val, nothing new here - second summer in a row, second time a scrub is playing on the court instead of him. I guess lithuanian coaches decided he's not good for FIBA basketball

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast