Page 371 of 387 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 7726

Thread: Philippines Cadet/Developmental Team

How about remy martin? Hnd na ba kinakausap ng SBP? His HS teammate could be a NP prospect. Why not spend more since we're hosting in 2023 and kai, aj etc will probably be at their peak in 2027?
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Yup i dont really understand the hate of this robert guy kay Mccollough. I mean among the imports who have expressed interest to join Gilas. He is among the most vocal as he loves the PH that much.
    he is vocal alright. he market himself good. his asking price tho is something to behold.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsuperman View Post
    he is vocal alright. he market himself good. his asking price tho is something to behold.
    How much is it then?
    “The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by astigram04 View Post
    How much is it then?
    Blatche 2.0

Realise this :
    1.Kouame is always available with no extra pay (not a cent more than he is already getting)
    2. We don't pay a cent for Clarkson naturalizatuon (it's done)
    3. We can use the contract amount given to a "Blatche" to offer AJ a 1 year full time contract with Gilas when he graduates in May 2022.

Essentially invest and put your money with existing pool players rather than spend it to buy talent
    Last edited by analyzed; 10-30-2020 at 08:51 PM.
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

True. He's speaking up to raise his value.

What position is gonna play for GILAS?

Kouame I always thought would be a good insurance in case some of our bigs or other NPs aren't available. But we still need to have other NPs besides him. Maybe him and JC?

Yup i dont really understand the hate of this robert guy kay Mccollough. I mean among the imports who have expressed interest to join Gilas. He is among the most vocal as he loves the PH that much.
    Did McCollugh know Junmar is a 6x MVP at that time? It's OK if it is Nabong or someone else.. But Junmar? I understand that he has fire to win.. But again it is Junmar dude.. He knows what his doing on the court.. McCollugh is lucky that Junmar has good attitude.. If he did that to let's say Arwind or Nabong, I'm sure that suntukan manyayare dyan sa kanila.. He also lucky that SMB handles such bad attitude before likes of Romeo, Nabong to be a tamed guys.. But overall SBP didn't want McCollugh.. If we wants to be naturalized then he needs to lower his asking price.. Akala nya siguro SBP hahabol sa kanya.. There are better imports that is better than him and low asking price than him..

Quote Originally Posted by robert0326 View Post
    Did McCollugh know Junmar is a 6x MVP at that time? It's OK if it is Nabong or someone else.. But Junmar? I understand that he has fire to win.. But again it is Junmar dude.. He knows what his doing on the court.. McCollugh is lucky that Junmar has good attitude.. If he did that to let's say Arwind or Nabong, I'm sure that suntukan manyayare dyan sa kanila.. He also lucky that SMB handles such bad attitude before likes of Romeo, Nabong to be a tamed guys.. But overall SBP didn't want McCollugh.. If we wants to be naturalized then he needs to lower his asking price.. Akala nya siguro SBP hahabol sa kanya.. There are better imports that is better than him and low asking price than him..
    Ok coach. Ayaw ko na makipagargue sayo dami mo negative comments na wala naman basis

Ok coach. Ayaw ko na makipagargue sayo dami mo negative comments na wala naman basis
    In the end SBP is not interested in McCollugh.. If SBP is interested eh dapat sana kinuha na nila yan last year pa.. It is also not help that McCollugh salary is high.. Buti kung sana stay in na sya dito for good like Kouame..

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    Blatche 2.0

Realise this :
    1.Kouame is always available with no extra pay (not a cent more than he is already getting)
    3. We can use the contract amount given to a "Blatche" to offer AJ a 1 year full time contract with Gilas when he graduates in May 2022.

Essentially invest and put your money with existing pool players rather than spend it to buy talent
    I agree to you.. SBP is now wise on getting next naturalized player.. Other countries their naturalized players are local based league or based here for long..

Blatche 2.0

Realise this :

blatche was still okay for the price since he is a legit big and a nba caliber type of player.
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/f...-abroad/194071

Other forumers have posted this link, but this is a real need for the top cadets to accelerate their development. They'll learn about other systems by playing in them and may transmit that knowledge back here. Plus, they'll need to improve as they'll be exposed to better competition.

If they ever go back here to play professionally, there's a chance that they'll come back better and dominate.

blatche was still okay for the price since he is a legit big and a nba caliber type of player.
    Our hugot NBA caliber players are Kai and Clarkson
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Our hugot NBA caliber players are Kai and Clarkson
    Same as Edu thou.. I don't see him being a full time cadet until 2023.. He will try his luck in NBA when he graduate in 2022.. He can be a G-League guy at that time.. He can't be a full time cadet because even G-League will not allow their players to play for their national team when the league starts.. Look at Thirdy, we can't take him this 2nd window because he has commitment in Japan..

Same as Edu thou.. I don't see him being a full time cadet until 2023.. He will try his luck in NBA when he graduate in 2022.. He can be a G-League guy at that time.. He can't be a full time cadet because even G-League will not allow their players to play for their national team when the league starts.. Look at Thirdy, we can't take him this 2nd window because he has commitment in Japan..
    He will have a good 1 year full time Gilas contract waiting for him after the summer of 2022 ( after he chases his NBA dream hoping to be picked up or drafted) , if that fails his contract will be comparable to what he can get in Europe. and higher than G- league . (Marcus Doulthit level for 1 yr)

understand this there are levels

- Full time long term contract- Marcus- Edu, Ractlift (Korea)
    - NBA caliber hugot - short term deals per tournament- Blatche, Kai (2023), Clarkson

A full time one year contract with Gilas for 2023

is from August 2022 to August 2023. ( the summer May to July of 2022 can be spent trying to make the NBA )

Blatche 2.0

Realise this :

If you meant he was asking for more than what blatche received, let's forget about him. He's not even at blatche's level. If we're lucky, we can sign a starter with that much money
    ― H.L. Mencken

He will have a good 1 year full time Gilas contract waiting for him after the summer of 2022 ( after he chases his NBA dream hoping to be picked up or drafted) , if that fails his contract will be comparable to what he can get in Europe. and higher than G- league . (Marcus Doulthit level for 1 yr)

understand this there are levels

- Full time long term contract- Marcus- Edu, Ractlift (Korea)
    - NBA caliber hugot - short term deals per tournament- Blatche, Kai (2023), Clarkson
    But i know if he applies for the NBA draft and he doesn't pick then he will be eligible for the G-League draft (same as Ray Parks scenario).. In case if Edu will be chosen in one of the G-League teams and be on the roster then he can't join any Gilas qualifier games because it will conflict for the G-League.. It is impossible to have that Gilas contract if he has that committed in a G-League team, Medyo conflict in terms of availability and contract yan.. Much better if we wait for Edu to join atleast March/April 2023 (or after G-League) then Gilas will take him for the pool.. That is the best scenario (Much better for MVP/SBP if their teams/farm team have that 1st pick in 2023 PBA draft then i will put Edu's name in Gilas draft)

Actually joining the G league (not ignite select program) is really not a good pathway, the top non drafted players of AJ level would be foolish to accept a G league regular contract (not two way contract).
    These level players would want to get paid for their level, not the peanuts G-league provides

Actually joining the G league (not ignite select program) is really not a good pathway, the top non drafted players of AJ level would be foolish to accept a G league regular contract (not two way contract).
    These level players would want to get paid for their level, not the peanuts G-league provides
    But Let's see first.. I got feeling he can make it in the NBA.. his style is perfect match in the small ball/positionless era in the NBA.. Be positive.. He has that chance because of his gamestyle..

But Let's see first.. I got feeling he can make it in the NBA.. his style is perfect match in the small ball/positionless era in the NBA.. Be positive.. He has that chance because of his gamestyle..
    by all means if he's recruited in 2022 by a NBA franchise , under any type of contract - drafted, undrafted, tw0 way contract he should sign up, (but not the bobby parks or Japeht aguilar type of g-league deals, that's for lower level players who don't have offers overseas ($ 200k above)- AJ is of that level , where barring injury will get an offer from overseas if not Europe - yes Gilas just like Marcus and Ractlift ( Korea), he's at that level.. plus he has already a passport (already naturalized) , he's worth that money

Page 371 of 387 FirstFirst ... 271321361369370371372373381 ... LastLast