Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most of them wants to be part of the Philippine National Team.

you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
      sadly, i think it's come to a point that amer is overrated. he's at par with gelo alolino now only that he has a better outside shot. sumang and vosotros are better than him.
      How is Vosotros better than him? Im a lassalian and have seen vosotros play for 4 years already. He has an inconsistent stroke from 3 and has no playmaking,slashing skill whatsoever. Sumang I'd agree is better than him, while Ill be honest i havent watch alolino that seriously, but in the case of sumang. You already have Romeo,Parks and Ravena. You need a distributor not another scorer to the team. This is a TEAM not an All-star team. Huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
        How is Vosotros better than him? Im a lassalian and have seen vosotros play for 4 years already. He has an inconsistent stroke from 3 and has no playmaking,slashing skill whatsoever. Sumang I'd agree is better than him, while Ill be honest i havent watch alolino that seriously, but in the case of sumang. You already have Romeo,Parks and Ravena. You need a distributor not another scorer to the team. This is a TEAM not an All-star team. Huge difference.
        Amer is a tall pure point guard but he's now being forced to score more due to SBC's lack of scorers. He's not as quick or athletic like the other PGs and uses his craftiness to break down defenses. The others are undersized shoot first pgs though I'm most impressed by Sumang. Alolino is the same chucker since his junior days. Replace Vosotros and Alolino with Amer and their team will be better. UE obviously needs Sumang's scoring.

I hope Brondial gets an invite. We need more height on our team.

OT: Where is Michael Pate? I really though he's going to have a great college career. Napag iwanan na ng batchmates niya.

Comment

I hope the Cadet squad will be given the chance to play in the ASIAN GAMES..... we can assume this as their WORLD CUP version (in terms of level of competition).
          Just imagine, in the last FIBA ASIA QUALIFIER, we defeated a Korean NT which had 6 college players, and we had a hard time defeating them. We need to make our college players get up to speed, or our rivals China, and Korea will slowly get ahead of us in terms of level of play (because they are bringing in players as young as college players [Kim Min-Go] and even an 18 yr. old kid [Gou Ay Lin of China, if I am correct].

SEABA, FIBA CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP CUP and ASIAN GAMES are the important tournaments for development of our Gilas Cadet Squads.
          The FIBA ASIA QUALIFIER, FIBA ASIA CUP & Jones Cup are the major tournaments that our seniors team should focus on. In this way, we will be able to slowly develop and strengthen our players.

In SEABA, we can have [Kuya] Marcus as our naturalized. For the FIBA CLUB Championship, we can have a Memorandum of Understanding that the Gilas Cadet has the right to challenge the ABL Pinoy Champion team to a best of 3 game for the right to represent the country in the FIBA CLUB Championship. Of course the Pinoy ABL team can use their two imports but the Cadets can only have their naturalized player. this will be a win-win situation for both teams. The Cadets will get to have a tough competition against the ABL team because it not only have two imports, it has pro-players in them. For the ABL team, they get to have a good training/ practice before competing in the main competition. (Of course, I expect the Cadet squad to lose because not only will the ABL team have two imports, it has PBA players in it as part of the team. Definitely, It has higher level of play than the cadets.)
          Then, as for the ASIAN GAMES, We can have the Cadets backed by three PBA players, who were part of the Gilas program, but is not part of the Gilas Seniors lineup. In this way, We strengthen the Cadet Squad... PBA scheduling won't be affected much... and we get to widen the selection of players for the Seniors team because more PBA players will have experience in international play.

well, this is just my suggestion and hopefully, will be given some consideration.
          Last edited by PaVi; 09-03-2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PaVi View Post
            kung ako lang... gusto ko maglaro sa incheon asiad ay ang mga gilas cadet... bale ito ang world cup version nila.
            imagine... 6 sa mga players ng south korea nung nakaraan ay mga college players lang. tapos nahirapan pa tayo. we need to make our college players get up to speed as well. dahan dahan tayo mapagiiwanan ng china at korea kapag pinagpatuloy natin ang diskarteng ganito.. yng SEABA, FIBA CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP at ASIAN GAMES ay dpat ang importanteng venue for development ng ating mga gilas cadets.
            yung FIBA ASIA QUALIFIER, FIBA ASIA CUP at Jones Cup naman ang sa seniors team. sa ganitong paraan, mapapalakas natin dahan dahan ang mga young players natin.

SA SEABA, dapat may kasama tayong isang naturalized jan... kelangan manigurado tayo, as always (pde na dito si Kuya Marcus)... sa FIBA CLUB Championship naman, kung mananalo ang isang philippine team sa ABL, sana may standing agreement ang pinoy champion at gilas cadet na magkaroon ng best of three qualifiers para dun sa right mag-represent sa FIBA ASIA CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP... bale yung ABL pinoy team ay may dalawang import (kasi allowed naman sa kanila yun eh) tapos ang gilas cadet may isang naturalized (pde ulit dito si kuya Marcus).. tapos dun sa ASIAN GAMES, gilas cadet ulit pero maglagay tayo ng mga tatlong PBA players na kasama sa pool ng gilas seniors team, pero hindi officially kasama sa lineup ng gilas seniors team...

sa ganitong paraan, mapapalakas natin yung Gilas Cadet Squad... di masyado maaapektuhan ang PBA scheduling...tapos, mapapalaki natin ang selection ng mga players for seniors team kasi mas marami ang lumalakas na PBA players.

well, suggestion lang naman po yun. hopefully, mabigyan ng pansin or consideration.
            Theres the Jones Cup and FIBA Asia cup for them..and first thing first our collegiate players must be available during this time..

Asian Games is still one of the "tournaments" that we won during our golden age in Philippine Basketball..
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
              Theres the Jones Cup and FIBA Asia cup for them..and first thing first our collegiate players must be available during this time..

Asian Games is still one of the "tournaments" that we won during our golden age in Philippine Basketball..

Actually the reason why I did not choose the jones cup is because it seems the coach had an affinity to play in the jones cup tournament for purposes of scouting. but I do agree with you as to the Cadets playing in the Jones Cup... That is definitely a high competition that they can prepare for. As to the FIBA ASIA CUP, although we can qualify by way of entering the semis, I wanted the SEA region to be represented by three teams.
              I am kinda having a heart for our fellow ASEANS because I think, it is our responsibility to increase the level of play of the ASEAN. We can do that if we continuously give them an opportunity for more playing time. Besides, we have a higher level of play if we play in the FIBA ASIA CUP than if we try to qualify through the SEABA zonals. although in a way i agree that during the years where FIBA ASIA CUP is not a qualifier, we can have the Cadets playing in these tournaments for more exposure.
              AS to the Asian GAmes, this is the ultimate event for the Cadets as this is a quadrennial event, so they can really prepare hard for it.

However, one thing that I hope we can put in our calendars and take away from the BAP... this is the Uni-Games. We should make it a point that the winner of the PCCL shall have the right to represent the country in the Uni-Games. I do not agree that the BAP should have a free hand to choose who it should allow to compete in the Uni-Games. Although the Uni-Games is not under the authority of FIBA, I think the Philippines, having one basketball governing body (SBP) should be the one handling this event. and I think, to increase the level of play of each schools, and therefore, each players, we need to have a more competitive varsity team playing in the Uni-Games. I remember Junemar's Team representing the Philippines in the Uni-Games and they did not win even one game... and each game is a lopsided loss. I know, given more training and better preparation and a better team, the Philippines could have placed better, instead of the last place standing that I believe we do not deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by PaVi View Post
                Actually the reason why I did not choose the jones cup is because it seems the coach had an affinity to play in the jones cup tournament for purposes of scouting. but I do agree with you as to the Cadets playing in the Jones Cup... That is definitely a high competition that they can prepare for. As to the FIBA ASIA CUP, although we can qualify by way of entering the semis, I wanted the SEA region to be represented by three teams.
                I am kinda having a heart for our fellow ASEANS because I think, it is our responsibility to increase the level of play of the ASEAN. We can do that if we continuously give them an opportunity for more playing time. Besides, we have a higher level of play if we play in the FIBA ASIA CUP than if we try to qualify through the SEABA zonals. although in a way i agree that during the years where FIBA ASIA CUP is not a qualifier, we can have the Cadets playing in these tournaments for more exposure.
                AS to the Asian GAmes, this is the ultimate event for the Cadets as this is a quadrennial event, so they can really prepare hard for it.

However, one thing that I hope we can put in our calendars and take away from the BAP... this is the Uni-Games. We should make it a point that the winner of the PCCL shall have the right to represent the country in the Uni-Games. I do not agree that the BAP should have a free hand to choose who it should allow to compete in the Uni-Games. Although the Uni-Games is not under the authority of FIBA, I think the Philippines, having one basketball governing body (SBP) should be the one handling this event. and I think, to increase the level of play of each schools, and therefore, each players, we need to have a more competitive varsity team playing in the Uni-Games. I remember Junemar's Team representing the Philippines in the Uni-Games and they did not win even one game... and each game is a lopsided loss. I know, given more training and better preparation and a better team, the Philippines could have placed better, instead of the last place standing that I believe we do not deserve.
                Unfortunately, it's not within SBP's sole jurisdiction. The Universiade is a multi-sport event, and FISU, the governing body, has sided with FESSAP since it started.

Who's FESSAP, you ask? It's a federation of school athletics orgs, primarily those that aren't part of the UAAP and NCAA. In fact, a UP taekwondo jin was supposed to go to this year's Universiade but was stopped by her school as UP is not a member.

FESSAP is headed by people identified with Graham Lim of BAP and Go Teng Kok of the PATAFA. Ricky Palou and others tried to have FISU recognize the UAAP as the Philippine governing body, but were not successful.

In the future, I hope a united front consisting of the UAAP, NCAA, NAASCU, and CESAFI would be able to convince FISU that they can do a better job of sending quality student-athletes. Also, I hope this united front would be able to convince student-athletes based abroad to play for the Philippines, if only at the Universiade level.
                Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
                  Amer is a tall pure point guard but he's now being forced to score more due to SBC's lack of scorers. He's not as quick or athletic like the other PGs and uses his craftiness to break down defenses. The others are undersized shoot first pgs though I'm most impressed by Sumang. Alolino is the same chucker since his junior days. Replace Vosotros and Alolino with Amer and their team will be better. UE obviously needs Sumang's scoring.

I hope Brondial gets an invite. We need more height on our team.

OT: Where is Michael Pate? I really though he's going to have a great college career. Napag iwanan na ng batchmates niya.

Pate is not even in the CSB lineup

Comment

Originally posted by unstopaball12 View Post
                    Pate is not even in the CSB lineup
                    I think he played for their team A for 1 season after transferring from DLSU and was relegated to team B. Sayang to he could hang with Parks, Jerons, Kiefer etc but I heard he partied too much?

Comment

I envy the South Korean basketball federation on how they go about their feeder program, and youth development. In the last FIBA Asia tournament, they had a mix of pros and college players, and paraded a couple of young centers, one a 6'9 19 y.o. and another, slightly older center of the same height. Their top gunner was just a college player, albeit an "old college player" at 24.

It goes to show us, their system and style of basketball from the youth programs up to the pros are so consistent, it's almost seamless when the players transition from a level to another level.

Comment

I hope this helps...from http://www.rappler.com/sports/univer...every-position

Centers

1. Charles Mammie UE 13.9ppg, 17.4rpg, 1.0spg 40.1 EFF
                        2. Emmanuel Mbe NU 16.8ppg, 11.6rpg, 1.2spg 39.5 EFF
                        3. Karim Abdul UST 14.8ppg, 11.5rpg, 1.5bpg, 1.3spg 38.1 EFF
                        4. Arnold Van Opstal DLSU 11.0ppg, 6.7rpg 29.5 EFF
                        5. Ingrid Sewa ADU 9.0ppg, 9.1rpg, 1.3bpg 28.6 EFF

Power Forwards

1. Chris Newsome ADMU 13.4ppg, 7.9rpg 32.7 EFF
                        2. Jason Perkins DLSU 11.0ppg, 8.4rpg 30.8 EFF
                        3. Rodney Brondial ADU 8.8ppg, 10.4rpg, 1.7bpg 30.4 EFF
                        4. Aljon Mariano UST 11.5ppg, 7.0rpg 30.1 EFF
                        5. Chris Ball UP 6.9ppg, 9.0rpg 24.7 EFF

TOP WINGMAN. Teng is the UAAP's best small forward.

Small Forwards

1. Jeron Teng DLSU 14.1ppg, 6.9rpg, 3.2apg 30.1 EFF
                        2. Ryan Buenafe ADMU 11.8ppg, 8.1rpg, 3.4apg, 1.1spg 29.8 EFF
                        3. Kevin Ferrer UST 13.3ppg, 7.0rpg 29.7 EFF
                        4. Mac Belo FEU 8.7ppg, 7.0rpg 26.4 EFF
                        5. Sam Marata UP 14.4ppg, 3.9rpg 25.6 EFF

Shooting Guards

1. Ray Parks NU 17.2ppg, 8.7rpg, 4.2apg, 1.0spg 38.5 EFF
                        2. Terrence Romeo FEU 19.8ppg, 5.8rpg, 3.8apg, 1.6spg 35.8 EFF
                        3. Almond Vosotros DLSU 15.0ppg, 5.3rpg, 1.1spg 29.8 EFF
                        4. Jericho Cruz ADU 15.9ppg, 4.6rpg, 3.4apg, 1.2spg 29.0 EFF
                        5. Mike Tolomia FEU 9.4ppg, 4.8rpg, 3.7apg 23.1 EFF

SPEEDSTER. Sumang is not only the fastest, but he's the top playmaker in the UAAP.

Point Guards

1. Roi Sumang UE 19.1ppg, 5.5rpg, 4.8apg, 1.1spg 37.6 EFF
                        2. RR Garcia FEU 13.9ppg, 3.9rpg, 1.2spg 29.0 EFF
                        3. Juami Tiongson ADMU 11.9ppg, 3.5rpg 25.3 EFF
                        4. Ed Daquioag UST 8.9ppg, 4.8rpg 23.2 EFF
                        5. Gelo Alolino NU 7.2ppg, 5.1rpg, 5.0apg 22.3 EFF

Newcomers

1. Charles Mammie UE 13.9ppg, 17.4rpg, 1.0spg 40.1 EFF
                        2. Chris Newsome AdMU 13.4ppg, 7.9rpg 32.7 EFF
                        3. Jason Perkins DLSU 11.0ppg, 8.4rpg 30.8 EFF
                        4. Ingrid Sewa AdU 9.0ppg, 9.1rpg, 1.3bpg 28.6 EFF
                        5. Kyles Lao UP 8.4ppg, 2.1rpg 21.0 EFF
                        *It is worth noting that Kyles Lao is the only “true rookie” on this list.

ULTIMATE SCORER. Romeo has learned to pile points in a variety of ways.

UAAP SEASON 76 STAT LEADERS

Terrence Romeo FEU 19.8
                        Roi Sumang UE 19.1
                        Ray Parks NU 17.2
                        Emmanuel Mbe NU 16.8
                        Jericho Cruz ADU 15.9
                        Rebounds

Charles Mammie UE 17.4
                        Emmanuel Mbe NU 11.6
                        Karim Abdul UST 11.5
                        Rodney Brondial ADU 10.4
                        Raul Soyud UP 10.0
                        PLAYMAKER. Alolino leads the UAAP in assists. Photo by Rappler/Josh Albelda.

Assists

Gelo Alolino NU 5.0
                        Roi Sumang UE 4.8
                        Bobby Ray Parks NU 4.2
                        Thomas Torres DLSU 3.9
                        Terrence Romeo FEU 3.8

Steals

Terrence Romeo FEU 1.6
                        Karim Abdul UST 1.3
                        Jericho Cruz ADU 1.2
                        Emmanuel Mbe NU 1.2
                        RR Garcia FEU 1.2
                        Blocks

Rodney Brondial ADU 1.7
                        Karim Abdul UST 1.5
                        Christian Sentcheu FEU 1.4
                        Ingrid Sewa ADU 1.3
                        Raul Soyud UP 1.1
                        Field Goal Shooting (at least 15 FGM)

Ingrid Sewa ADU 61.2%
                        Glenn Khobuntin NU 58.6%
                        Arnold Van Opstal DLSU 56.7%
                        Emmanuel Mbe NU 53.3%
                        Jason Perkins DLSU 48.7%
                        3-Point Shooting (at least 7 3PTM)

Gryann Mendoza FEU 43.8%
                        Robin Roño NU 38.1%
                        Harry Petilos ADU 38.1%
                        Juami Tiongson ADMU 37.2%
                        Ralf Olivares UE 34.6%
                        Last edited by Alex07; 09-04-2013, 11:49 AM.
                        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

How about putting all PBA's sophomores and rookies on SBP protected list of national pool members. They must be readily available to national duty without refusal.

Comment

Cadets

NCAA: Amer, Nimes, Racal, Dela Cruz, Almazan
                            UAAP: Sumang, Parks, Ferrer, Mariano, AVO

A PBA D-League flavored national team aint bad also.

Comment

Originally posted by bhinov View Post
                              A PBA D-League flavored national team aint bad also.
                              Isn't that N-Lex
                              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

I think they need to add a pingris type of player. Rodney Brondial I think will fit the bill. A good rebounder and blocker.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information