Page 306 of 308 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308 LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,120 of 6147

Thread: Philippines Cadet/Developmental Team

Lopez was never a big lol.

Might be looking quite far ahead but to those who are more familiar with the Pampanga Delta group's style and planning etc., what are the odds Baltazar agrees to join the Gilas-special draft and become a full-time Gilas Cadet?

Quote Originally Posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Yeah. Tamayo and lopez must develop as a wing. Hope coach tab and coach dickel do that.

If they are in local coaches,for sure big man na yang dalawa
    1. Lopez has played exclusively as a wing for Ateneo. I don't think he's attempted a single post-up this entire season, and they don't park him underneath the basket on offense. He's usually behind the arc at the wing or corner, and was sometimes tasked to initiate the offense. I'm not worried about his development, before the season started he had no semblance of a jumpshot whatsoever.

2. Best hope is for Tamayo to develop into Ranidel 2.0, complete with more height, heft and better outside shooting. I don't understand why people still insist that he's one of our SFs of the future; he's skilled but his laterals make it painfully obvious that he can't defend wings and guards, which ideally, SFs should do. Also he has good footwork but I have yet to see him handle the ball. Even when he played well for Batang Gilas it was through spot-up threes, shots underneath the basket and short drives.

I know it was already mentioned, but I wish they would consider adding William Navarro to the Gilas pool. We know he has his weaknesses but his height, length, versitality and also familiarity with Tab's system would definitely be an asset especially if he can develop further and realize his potential as an efficient wing player/perimeter defender.
    お元気ですか?

Before the Indonesia game Tab confirmed that there were seven full time cadets. They added two more in the GDL bro's. I hope the they get more commitments as the year goes on.

- 5 special draftees
    - Thirdy
    - Jaydee
    - Javi
    - 1 GDL
    Last edited by Apollo; 02-24-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Before the Indonesia game Tab confirmed that there were seven full time cadets. They added two more in the GDL bro's. I hope the they get more commitments as the year goes on.

- 5 special draftees
    - Thirdy
    - Jaydee
    - Javi
    - 1 GDL
    Dave ildefonso, dwight ramos. Wala paring big man hahaha

For the firat time i am saying that troy rike should be given a chance and chooks needs to let him go, he sacrificed his pba career for you guys only to not select him in oqt.
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post

For the firat time i am saying that troy rike should be given a chance and chooks needs to let him go, he sacrificed his pba career for you guys only to not select him in oqt.
    I'm very sure the full time big's will be Edu, Kai, and Kuoame as naturalize. And even if Baltazar is like a mercenary, SBP will try there best to secure his service. We might even see highschool stars like Tamayo, Lopez, Lazaro, and Quiambao.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kobe might become full time after his stint with UP.I hope Ildefonso will get full time as well.
    "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

“For our Gilas five that we got out of the draft and Thirdy, the Gomez de Liaņos, and Jaydee Tungcab — the plan is they would go into full-time training. And they will work with coach Alex primarily,” he said.

Add Kouame, Dwight and Dave (not full time) and you got a 12 man team
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post

lack of bigs makes it another necessity , btw is laput eligible?

Quote Originally Posted by deviant View Post
    lack of bigs makes it another necessity , btw is laput eligible?
    laput is ineligible

Belga was on the Score and had a pretty good suggestion for Gilas. Since he's on a PBA sabbatical, why not have Greg Slaughter fill in for the Gilas cadets? Having any big man at this point would surely help the cadet team.
    Last edited by Apollo; 02-25-2020 at 04:07 AM.

Wait lang wala bang lalaruan yun balunggay have him in the program this early
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by FITL View Post
    1. Lopez has played exclusively as a wing for Ateneo. I don't think he's attempted a single post-up this entire season, and they don't park him underneath the basket on offense. He's usually behind the arc at the wing or corner, and was sometimes tasked to initiate the offense. I'm not worried about his development, before the season started he had no semblance of a jumpshot whatsoever.

2. Best hope is for Tamayo to develop into Ranidel 2.0, complete with more height, heft and better outside shooting. I don't understand why people still insist that he's one of our SFs of the future; he's skilled but his laterals make it painfully obvious that he can't defend wings and guards, which ideally, SFs should do. Also he has good footwork but I have yet to see him handle the ball. Even when he played well for Batang Gilas it was through spot-up threes, shots underneath the basket and short drives.
    Very much agree
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by analyzed View Post
    “For our Gilas five that we got out of the draft and Thirdy, the Gomez de Liaņos, and Jaydee Tungcab — the plan is they would go into full-time training. And they will work with coach Alex primarily,” he said.

Add Kouame, Dwight and Dave (not full time) and you got a 12 man team
    If only things are as easy as that. Problem is, situation in Philippine basketball is a lot more complicated than most of us think.

I would want to see other college players like Abando, Cansino, Kobe Paras, SJ Belangel, Ivan Nelle, Calvin Oftana, Justin Baltazar also join the cadets in its US & Australian training camps. Problem is the availability of most of these college players. Say the cadet pool plans to go to the US for an extensive training during the coming summer (summer in the Philippines). Problem is, UAAP & NCAA teams are going to play in the Fil-oil Flying-V Preseason tournament which usually starts mid-April & ends some time June. Would these schools allow their marque players to join the Gilas cadet US training while the college preseason tournament is ongoing? Or by the way, would La Salle, whom we know has been reluctant to lend its players to the National team, allow Baltazar to join the Gilas cadets?

Then during the months of July, August & September which is an international basketball season (meaning most international competitions & tournaments are held), that would also be the college basketball season in the Philippines, therefore most (if not all) our collegiate players in the National pool won't be available by then. Then during the months of January, February & March, we can't make some college players play for the National team because these players have to focus on their studies. They have a lot of catching-up to do in their academics because of the missed classes that they had during the basketball season.

Which makes me ask, kailan ba nagiging available yung mga college players natin for National team service or stint?

I whine about the limited availability of our PBA players for National team service because of the PBA's extremely loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong season. But its not just from the PBA ranks that SBP has a hard time making players available for National team service. Even from the college or amateur ranks, pahirapan sa SBP to make players available for the National team.

I've said this before time & time again, there's too much basketball in the Philippines. Too much for Phi basketball's own good.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Belga was on the Score and had a pretty good suggestion for Gilas. Since he's on a PBA sabbatical, why not have Greg Slaughter fill in for the Gilas cadets? Having any big man at this point would surely help the cadet team.
    From "obey" to "freedom"..

Quote Originally Posted by r1ck View Post
    I know it was already mentioned, but I wish they would consider adding William Navarro to the Gilas pool. We know he has his weaknesses but his height, length, versitality and also familiarity with Tab's system would definitely be an asset especially if he can develop further and realize his potential as an efficient wing player/perimeter defender.
    Is he eligible ? If he is then he should have been one of Norwoods replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by FITL View Post
    . Best hope is for Tamayo to develop into Ranidel 2.0, complete with more height, heft and better outside shooting. I don't understand why people still insist that he's one of our SFs of the future; he's skilled but his laterals make it painfully obvious that he can't defend wings and guards, which ideally, SFs should do. Also he has good footwork but I have yet to see him handle the ball. Even when he played well for Batang Gilas it was through spot-up threes, shots underneath the basket and short drives.
    Against the big Euros teams he can move down a position to play D but if its against team USA or Argentina, he has to play the 4 due to pace.

He is essentially Harrison Barnes for the Warriors in terms of his fit which is what RDO was in Gilas 2.

I admit other College players will be an issue to be available for months of June to August.
    But not the Ateneo players (Kouame, Dwight and Dave), this has already been discussed and pre arranged by the powers that be.

Now I'm thinking Dave’s transfer has this Gilas stint factored in. Perhaps the Liano bros sitting out, too. Mere coincidences?

Any other blue chip collegiate player unhappy with anything, like losing program or low minutes and usage rate?
    Never look too far ahead. You might stumble on a block right in front of you.

Do note the U16 team has resumed practice, except NU players are not attending

Page 306 of 308 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308 LastLast